PDA

View Full Version : Please keep this former Naval Aviator in your prayers....

Navy Chief
September 2nd, 2010, 15:17
The following letter was sent to me by my friend, Retired USN CDR Fred Sanders, concerning Capt. John Leenhouts, USN, (Ret.), who was in a bad car wreck:

Friends, this is Navy Retired Captain John "Lites" Leenhouts. We were buds together in flight school. He has 1, 645 carrier landings in the A-7, F-14 and FA-18. Most of anyone in the history of the US Navy. Commanded a squadron during Desert Storm. Sent alot of Muslims to visit Allah. Had a bad car wreck. Remember him in your prayers, please.

When the Gulf War started up in 1991 or so, I was up one night, very early/late, about 2 AM or so, watching the news on TV. They interviewered John; he was the XO of what was our sister-squardon on the Kennedy when I was there (VA-72). John flew (Was Exec. Officer) in the last operational squadron of A-7's in the Navy.

Fred

Roadburner440
September 2nd, 2010, 15:32
It is ashame for someone who has survived probably one of the most dangerous jobs you can have to be affected by a car wreck.. Would be terrible to lose a naval aviator in that sense. I pray for his expediate, and full recovery.

TARPSBird
September 2nd, 2010, 15:38
That is some bad news. Capt. Leenhouts is well-known throughout the USN tailhook community, not just for his flying experience but also his excellent aviation photography. We'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers for a full recovery.

Lionheart
September 3rd, 2010, 00:48
Prayer sent. Sorry to hear. May he pull through with no problems.

Chacha
September 3rd, 2010, 04:51
Me and my house is praying for John Lite Leenhouts...

Daveroo
September 3rd, 2010, 07:54
i dont pra...i im a deep thinker..and my thooughts are with him...horrible thing this

jmig
September 3rd, 2010, 09:52
Will do! May he return to full health.

TARPSBird
September 3rd, 2010, 14:41
NC, please let us know if you get any more info on Capt. Leenhouts, especially his recovery progress. Some of my F-14 people know him from back in the day and would like to know how he's doing.

Navy Chief
September 3rd, 2010, 14:51
NC, please let us know if you get any more info on Capt. Leenhouts, especially his recovery progress. Some of my F-14 people know him from back in the day and would like to know how he's doing.

Will do. I will email Fred Sanders, and ask how John is doing.

Navy Chief
September 4th, 2010, 03:39

Fred emailed me this morning. No more news yet. He emailed his (and J. Leenhouts's) former CO. But nothing to report.

When there is news, I will be sure to post.

NC

TARPSBird
September 4th, 2010, 13:43
Thanks NC

Dain Arns
September 4th, 2010, 16:14
My thoughts and prayers for the Captain as well.