PDA

View Full Version : OT: Prayers for Robert Bruce...

CodyValkyrie
November 20th, 2008, 19:25
Some might consider it uncouth, and if it were me, I wouldn't want people giving me so much attention.... however, I just couldn't help myself.

If you do not know who he is, he was the author of the F2B Bristol Fighter that has been available for some time as freeware. A VERY fine example of a freeware aircraft. He is also working on a few gems such as a Sopwith Snipe that many of us have been following closely.

If you do not follow Robert Bruce's web blogs, he has been having a bout with cancer for some time, dealing with radiation and now.. going under the knife again. As far as I know, and according to his posts, he has undergone surgery. I would like to personally wish him and his family prayers that all goes well.

I would have liked to tell him personally, but I as of yet have been unable to contact him... and frankly, I think our prayers and thanks should be publicly known.

A partner of mine that I have worked closely with in the construction business has bladder cancer right now, another close friend just got diagnosed with lung cancer and my girlfriend is a survivor herself. I urge that you all take the time to read Rob's blogs and leave a little thanks to a quiet and humble man who has made ripples in the community.

Rob's Cancer Journey Blog:
http://sarcomabattle.blogspot.com/

The Biff Diaries:
http://biff-diaries.blogspot.com/

God speed Mr. Bruce!

Regards,
-Cody Bergland

MCDesigns
November 20th, 2008, 19:29
My prayers are with you Rob, God speed in beating this thing!

Thanks for the post Cody!

lifejogger
November 20th, 2008, 19:35
Rob, I have added you to my prayer list.

N2056
November 20th, 2008, 19:37
Hey Rob, a special word for you tonight before bed...God Bless

Murray Cod
November 20th, 2008, 20:07
I'm sending positive thoughts your way Robby:wavey:

Lionheart
November 20th, 2008, 20:33
Thanks Cody for the heads up,

My prayers are with them.

I pray every morning that God wipes out cancer this year. So many people infected and effected by it. A gruesome desease.

May they heal soon and may cancer never come to them again...

Bill

Epsillon
November 20th, 2008, 20:40
My thoughts are with you, Rob...:wavey:

Panther_99FS
November 20th, 2008, 20:49
Count in another here...

limjack
November 20th, 2008, 21:36
Adding him to my prayer list as well, thanks cody for flagging us in on this.

Jim

BananaBob
November 20th, 2008, 21:39
Thoughts and prayers go out for you Rob.

Pips
November 20th, 2008, 21:46
Rob you have my most sincere best wishes for your recovery.

wombat666
November 20th, 2008, 22:05
Only positive thoughts from us Rob.
As the slogan goes, "Cancer, it's only a Word, not a Sentence."
Hang in there mate.
:applause:

CBris
November 20th, 2008, 22:40
It's hard to be cheerful, with the skinny guy in the black hooded cloak is sharpening his scythe. When the docs tell you the news - like "Don't plan on getting a puppy - and a rescue dog shouldn't be too frisky either" - they always worry that people will fall apart.

We are stronger than that.

Robert, all I can wish you is the strength to keep smiling, the will to go on, the desire to pass on what you have learnt and the absolute determination to look your fate squarely in the eyes and to learn something new every day - even fate can teach us a thing or two.

...and above all I wish you the fortitude to take the treatment. I have seen first hand how uncomfortable it all can be and how my sister went through it all with never a word of complaint.

harleyman
November 21st, 2008, 01:02
Best wishes for a speedy recovery from this..

You and your family are now in my prayers each night......

:)

Peritas
November 21st, 2008, 01:53
My thoughts are with you too, Rob...

Luca

Cazzie
November 21st, 2008, 03:11
Tis a word that frightens me to my sore, "CANCER". My father died from leukemia, my paternal grandmother from intestinal cancer, my aunt from lung cancer. As a kid, the closest cousin to me left me at age 12 from lung cancer. Then in 1995 I was diagnosed with intestinal cancer and had 8 inches of my intestines removed and stay on chemo for 6 months.

May God bless and heal you Robert Bruce. As wombat said, it is a word, not a sentence. It takes fortitude and faith, but I beat the bastard and have survived 13 years hence. It can be beaten, so keep the chin up mate! My prayers will include you sir.

Caz

Taco
November 21st, 2008, 03:59
Our prayers are with you Rob, As like Cazzie I to am a cancer survivor, and went through the whole gambit of treatments, so far so good and with a few ups and downs have survived for almost 20 years. It's not an easy road, but the bugger can be beaten. Again our prayers are with you.

jim

huub vink
November 21st, 2008, 04:46
Once I knew heard Robby88 had a blog, I followed his story in great admiration since.

I have lost several close relatives to this disease, but I also have close relatives which fully recoved from it. Therefore I know the worst thing about cancer is the fact that everybody involved is constantly torn between hope and fear.

For Robert surgery will be just another step. The way he handles his desease I'm sure he will regard it as the next step to full recovery.

Take care Mr Bruce!

Huub

MorrisTheCat
November 21st, 2008, 04:50
Thinking of you and prying for you and yours....

MoCat

Bruce Thompson
November 21st, 2008, 05:00
Thinking and Praying for you Rob, hope all goes well.

Regards

Bruce.

gera
November 21st, 2008, 06:01
Asking the Almighty and Loving God to be with you right now and always.....

Henry
November 21st, 2008, 06:08
Take care my thoughts are with you also
Henry

Snuffy
November 21st, 2008, 06:14
prayers accending ....

JoeW
November 21st, 2008, 06:20
Keep fighting, Bruce. The thing can be beat.
You are in my prayers.

Cancer Survivor

italoc
November 21st, 2008, 06:50
I'm with you, Rob, having already gone through this a couple of years ago myself.... and I am here still flying your models on FS.
Hang in there: "it" can be beaten.
I pray for you
Italo

mike_cyul
November 21st, 2008, 06:55
Certainly hope everythings goes as well as it possibly can, and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Mike

JorisVandenBerghe
November 21st, 2008, 08:08
Yes, look after yourself Robert...don't give up!

Roger
November 21st, 2008, 08:14
Rob has been fighting this for a while now and I hope he has the will to keep fighting. We are all behind you because you always seem like a natural gentleman Rob. God be with you.

Buddha13
November 21st, 2008, 09:50
Blessed Be to you Rob.
May the Goddess smile kindly on you.

Buddha13

empeck
November 21st, 2008, 10:13
Best wishes, Robert.

Killbilly
November 21st, 2008, 13:04
Count me in, too. Thanks and prayers are on their way. You can beat this :censored: thing.

Warrant
November 21st, 2008, 13:07
Please find the strength to fight this thing. Get well!

stovall
November 21st, 2008, 13:15
My thoughts are all positive for you Rob.

Pultacatt
November 21st, 2008, 14:06
Here's thinking of you Sir and wishing you all the very best.

Overshoe
November 21st, 2008, 15:19
Hang on, Rob. We'll be praying.

heywooood
November 21st, 2008, 16:22
well let me add my voice to it - Strength, Robert - oh and tell C that we are ALL coming over there to kick his a$$

my sister in law is an eight year survivor...no trace.
We will see her this weekend for Thanksgiving.

Family and Friends Robert keep the Faith. :ernae:

Marlin
November 21st, 2008, 22:51
Rob, may God bless you with HIS best forever!!!!

sblzei
November 21st, 2008, 23:58
I join in with my payers as well,

God help you, Robert !

Ezio

IanHenry
November 22nd, 2008, 00:42
Get well soon.

Regards,
Ian

txnetcop
November 22nd, 2008, 05:25
Rob I sent you an email. Prayers Amigo
Ted

Dain Arns
November 22nd, 2008, 06:10
The positive power of prayers can do so many wonderful things. I have been fortunate enough to see our Lord's healing grace many times. Our thoughts and prayers for you Robert, and a speedy recovery.

maguireted
November 22nd, 2008, 09:52
May God help you, be blessed. You are the best! Very best regards , Yours Anna

Cactuskid
November 22nd, 2008, 13:30
Sending positive thoughts and a special prayer for Rob's speedy recovery. May the Great Spirit smile upon him and give him strength!

crashaz
November 22nd, 2008, 13:32
My best wishes and prayers for your recovery Rob.

doublecool
November 23rd, 2008, 06:59
Our families thoughts and prayers go out for you.

Stickshaker
November 23rd, 2008, 08:41
All the best to you, Robert! Keep your spirit up!

jmig
November 23rd, 2008, 16:25
I just saw this thread. Please add my thoughts and prayers to the rest.

Seaking055
November 24th, 2008, 16:57
My prayers are with you and your family..............

CodyValkyrie
November 27th, 2008, 23:57
Would someone please e-mail Robert and let him know of this thread? I am sure he would appreciate it.

CodyValkyrie
December 9th, 2008, 18:17
Bumping so Mr Bruce takes notice. Just want to make sure he knows we were all there for him. It appears he is back !

robby88
December 9th, 2008, 21:05
Thanks very much Cody & everyone else at SOH for your wishes & prayers. :) I greatly appreciate them. I'm just newly home after three weeks in hospital and have to rest up for a few more weeks before I resume serious simming and hopefully aircraft creation. It looks like I have a bit of catching up to do with what's been happening in the world of flight simulation.

Again many thanks for your wishes! :ernae:

Epsillon
December 9th, 2008, 21:41
It's good to see you here, Rob...;)

Take care of you.

Stephan

Bruce Thompson
December 9th, 2008, 22:31
Great to see you back home Robby, take your time and Have a Good Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours.

Bruce.

BananaBob
December 9th, 2008, 23:00
Great news Robby, good to have you back! :applause:

lucas81
December 9th, 2008, 23:57
Take care, Robert! Best wishes and Merry Christmas to you and your family!

CodyValkyrie
December 10th, 2008, 00:18
Merry Christmas Mr. Bruce!

harleyman
December 10th, 2008, 02:31
Thanks very much Cody & everyone else at SOH for your wishes & prayers. :) I greatly appreciate them. I'm just newly home after three weeks in hospital and have to rest up for a few more weeks before I resume serious simming and hopefully aircraft creation. It looks like I have a bit of catching up to do with what's been happening in the world of flight simulation.

Again many thanks for your wishes! :ernae:

Wonderful to hear you are back......I know its a scary time and you have weathered the storm....

May God bless you and your family this Holiday season.....

JorisVandenBerghe
December 10th, 2008, 02:32
I'm glad to see you back here, Robert ;-)! Take care!

huub vink
December 10th, 2008, 03:51
Thanks for the update Robert, really appreciated! When it remained silent in your blog, I was getting a bit worried.

Take care,
Huub

Panther_99FS
December 10th, 2008, 04:18
Good to see you feeling much better Robby! :ernae:

gera
December 10th, 2008, 05:58
Bienvenido Rob!!!!! Welcome, happy to see you back!!!!!:ernae:

nazca_steve
December 13th, 2010, 19:11
Just saw some screens of your lovely Bristol Fighter, Mr. Bruce, and it led me this way to read about your ups and downs of late. You have my total support and well done for getting home for Xmas. Hang in there, and keep up the fantastic work. So nice to see well-done WW1 models done, makes such a pleasant change from F-16s. Top work sir!

Steve

crashaz
December 13th, 2010, 19:24
Hey Rob! Glad to see ya back here!! :wavey:

Take all the rest ya are supposed to and come in to talk shop. Really good to see ya here... has brightened the season!!

warchild
December 13th, 2010, 19:49
All my best hopes, ns a candle.
Thanks Cody.. much appreciated..

Naki
December 13th, 2010, 20:01
Huh?..did anyone check the dates of previous posts and the opening post.....I must say though I do like his Bristol Fighter.

falcon409
December 13th, 2010, 20:13
Yea, started to reply to Steve's post about the dates, but figured, "What the Heck". You're right though, that December post from Gera was actually 2 years ago.

Sealion007
December 14th, 2010, 04:00
God be with you and all the best Robert Bruce. You are in my prayers.

I have Myelodisplastic Syndrom (MDS) myself and have to undergo regular treatments of chemo therapy, blood transfusions, and bone marrow biopsies. I am doing well myself, but there is no cure for this disease.

Sealion007

Lionheart
December 14th, 2010, 04:58
Merry Christmas Bruce! Good to see you back.

Did you hear that we found a way to make unlimited sized models in FS9, plus we got around the auto-weld issue, so we can make super small parts 'perfectly'...! oh yes...!

Bill

OleBoy
December 14th, 2010, 06:57
I see Roberts last response was dated some time back. When I saw this thread was opened again, I was under the impression he had posted and was recently here...but.
.....I hope he is doing better these days.

n4gix
December 14th, 2010, 07:21
Huh?..did anyone check the dates of previous posts and the opening post.....I must say though I do like his Bristol Fighter.

Rob's most recent post was made on December 29th, 2008 02:39...:confused:

Has anyone heard from him since then?

jstanbro
December 14th, 2010, 07:38
I've fought the cancer battle myself - it's a tought one, but definitely winnable. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Rob, and your family. All the best.

Jerry