PDA

View Full Version : East Front Airbase.dat

alpha_1
September 2nd, 2010, 06:02
Hi all. I've been out of the East Front loop for a few years so I'm doin' some stuff here. Just installed Rami's Operation Barbarossa and it works fine. I'm now installing his Normandie-Nieman v.2 and it's brought up a question in ma li'l mind.

Is there a standard airbase.dat file for the East Front scenarios? Would this be the ETO file perchance?

Cheers all!

Jee-epers!.....A guy should NEVER drink and fly! Not to say I am (too early in the day). Just checked the Barbarossa files and lo and behold!......Master ETO airbase.dat file!!

I will go with that. Gawd! I NEED a cold shower!.....OOPS! not the ETO file but the EFTO!.....(man o' man, I don't know what's in this coffee!)

Rami
September 2nd, 2010, 06:18
Alpha_1,

Make sure you download the one off my box.net site or at Simviation. The one here in the older library is outdated.

And yes, all Eastern Front campaigns and missions run off of the "Master" EFTO airbase.dat file.

alpha_1
September 2nd, 2010, 07:12
Hi Rami. Thanks for that. Just took your advice and downloaded the latest. Can I just upgrade the current two campaigns or should I actually take 'em out and redo?

Devildog73
September 2nd, 2010, 10:52
alpha_1,

Just so you know, Rami and I use the same PTO and MTO airbase.dat files as well. They were originally Jagd's from his mega pack, but that original from Jadg has since been outdated by all of the fine airbases that Achim and others have/are building. When I get a chance, I am going to update Jadg's originals and include a comprehensive world-wide airbase.dat for those like me that have one install with jets and fly around the world occassionally and need to stop and top off the tanks. Last month I tried to fly from RCAF Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada to England via Iceland. Ended up landing on Greenland's ice cap. OH WELL, at least it is simland, not real life!

DD

alpha_1
September 2nd, 2010, 11:19
K-k-k-k-k-k-k-kkkkkkkeeeerist that's gotta be c-c-c-ccccccold, DD! Thanks for the heads up on the airbase file.......darned good idea!

Rami
September 2nd, 2010, 11:21
Alpha_1,

You can just overwrite the missions and campaigns, so long as you have the required objects and aircraft.

alpha_1
September 2nd, 2010, 13:48
Excellent news! Thanks again for the heads up!:ernae: