PDA

View Full Version : X Superbox Coming Out

marklaur
September 2nd, 2010, 03:15
I noticed on the Egosoft forums the X superbox with all games updated and DRM free is coming out soon.

With all my good intentions I have installed X3 TC but have found it a bit hard and put it down again. Keep on going back to good old FS2004.

But I will be pre ordering this weekend as I think the offer is too good to pass up and hopefully other game developers will do this type of thing. This will mean I will be buying some of the titles twice. In the current debate about if DRM costs sales, removing it can double your sales sometimes. I think a lot of people will be picking this one up.

Cheers MarkL

Lionheart
September 2nd, 2010, 09:18
Thanks Mark for the heads up.

I thought X3 was too difficult at first, but kept going back to it. I finally figured out how to do some good trading, making some good bucks. Then I started getting more ships and automating their runs, (Universal Trader). Then I had a chance to explore and obtain what I needed. Some nights, I just endlessly went through, mapping sectors and seeing how far East I could go... and South... and to find the Terran sector jump gate. That was wild to see.

Bill

gigabyte
September 13th, 2010, 02:49
I have been waiting for this, I will be buying it as well, I will end up with duplicate copies of X3R and TC but to get all the Mods and addon's (inclucing the first version of the game) is worth it to me, I am also very much looking forward to the 300 page Encylopedia that might be worth the proce all on it's own.

Oh and Mark, I did pretty much the same when I got Reunion, I found it just a touch too complicated, but just like Bill I went the "Explorer" route and actually played it more like Flight Sim just touring around learning how things worked. Check out some of theolder threads in this section for some good tips on gameplay and the Mods, there are also some pretty awsome links to some real wide fan made stuff. One tip I would give anyone considering this game, either get yourself a keyboard that can handle macros (you will need about 40) or try to reassign the commands you use most often to single keys, messing around with two key combo's (i.e. **** + a) in the middle of combat makes things very difficult. I use a Saitek X52 which handles quite a few functions and a Z-Board which I have mapped so everything is a single key press.

GT182
September 13th, 2010, 13:05
Mark, X3 TC is difficult at first, but you have to stick with it to learn how it works. I gave up a few time but stuck with it. Now it's a favorite, even tho I haven't been playing it in a while. I raom the X Universe as an independent taking out the enemies of the Argon Federation. And lot's of credits can be made doing only that.

You can print out the PDF but it's a lot of pages. It will help tho with keyboard commands.

marklaur
September 15th, 2010, 00:02
I have been waiting for this, I will be buying it as well, I will end up with duplicate copies of X3R and TC but to get all the Mods and addon's (inclucing the first version of the game) is worth it to me, I am also very much looking forward to the 300 page Encylopedia that might be worth the proce all on it's own.

Oh and Mark, I did pretty much the same when I got Reunion, I found it just a touch too complicated, but just like Bill I went the "Explorer" route and actually played it more like Flight Sim just touring around learning how things worked. Check out some of theolder threads in this section for some good tips on gameplay and the Mods, there are also some pretty awsome links to some real wide fan made stuff. One tip I would give anyone considering this game, either get yourself a keyboard that can handle macros (you will need about 40) or try to reassign the commands you use most often to single keys, messing around with two key combo's (i.e. **** + a) in the middle of combat makes things very difficult. I use a Saitek X52 which handles quite a few functions and a Z-Board which I have mapped so everything is a single key press.

I have pre-ordered the X Super Box, so my intention is to give this a real try. EB Games tell me this is coming out in November but no fixed date. But I thought I had better pre order as they will not be getting many copies. They hardly have anything PC these days.

And thanks for the advice about the macro keyboard. I have a Logitech G15 coming in two weeks for my birthday and was not sure what I was actually going to do with it. But it has only got 6 macro keys. Bit late now but I probably should have got their new model without the little screen and but with more keys.

At least it will not go to waste now.

I will wait till I get the Superbox before taking it up again. I just purchased Fallout 3 GOTY with all the expansions on special. Very different as I have never tried anything like it before. But with all the expansions the reviews say there is something like 200 hours game play. So I thought I would give it a go.

Cheers MarkL

gigabyte
September 18th, 2010, 08:56
One other option for games like X3 and FS9, X or any game that uses a lot of keys and key combos is the Zboard Fang. I have one of those as well, it will give you about 40 keys to program. I use it alongside my regular Zboard and love it. the layout is really meant for first person shotters, but I use it for everything. The Fang is not very expensive, I paid $35.00 here in Canada and I would expect you could find one at a pretty good price on eBay.

Lionheart
September 18th, 2010, 09:37
I'll have to look around for that. Sounds like a pretty handy input device.

With X3, it would really help out for all the tons of things you want to do.

gigabyte
September 21st, 2010, 17:23
Bill it is amazingly handy, I ave used it for abut 4 yersnow ndI even have a rofile for basic Windows functions, as in Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+X etc, all kinds of teh short cuts I USE ALL THE TIME, plus I have a few free text keys as ell, such as my eMail address, firt, and lat name 9you don't realize ho often you type some of those things.

I know I sound like a Z-Board sales rep (I'm not!) but I have to say it is one of the most useful gagets I have bought for my system.