PDA

View Full Version : Harvard?

Pat Pattle
September 2nd, 2010, 01:04
Mornin' all,

Does anyone know of or is anyone planning to build a Harvard for cfs3?

I’m contemplating my first proper a/c model and thought that this would be a good starting point.
It would be a long term project I should think though! J

Thanks,

Clive

ndicki
September 2nd, 2010, 02:32
Not to my knowledge - it's one I've wanted for a long, long time.

Obviously if you did a MkI, the RAAF faction would start expecting you to turn it into a Wirraway, too!

jaycee
September 2nd, 2010, 02:55
Keep us posted on this one Clive, i too am thinking of taking the plunge, only in my case i think it will be a very very long term project.

crossram
September 2nd, 2010, 04:04
Go for it, Clive!

A great 'trainer', both in the air, and gmax. Should be tons of info around for it, too. (You'll need lots of tubing for the VC.)

hairyspin
September 2nd, 2010, 07:59
Splendid idea Clive! The first real one is always a long-term job. :redf:

I was recently shown photos taken by a FAA trainee in Canada of Harvards, including some air-to-air beauties. The poor soul finished his training, had converted to Seafires ready to join his ship and ploughed into a hillside in Perthshire in bad weather before he had fired a shot...

The pics would be too small to model from, unfortunately.

FireStorm II
September 2nd, 2010, 08:58
I would have to say good choice, Clive!

and best of luck with that G-thing
that I could never figure out.

alain95
September 3rd, 2010, 01:28
I have allready encounter something like that in french skys...

May be Major Magee have much more pictures, he was on the same meeting
with a surely better camera zoom.

:engel016:

ndicki
September 3rd, 2010, 01:42
That lot are over my garden every weekend during the summer, Alain!

sky pilot
September 3rd, 2010, 19:03
Mornin' all,

Does anyone know of or is anyone planning to build a Harvard for cfs3?

I’m contemplating my first proper a/c model and thought that this would be a good starting point.
It would be a long term project I should think though! J

Thanks,

Clive
Keep me in the know on this one Pat as I want one too!!
sky pilot

TDS-TAZ
September 3rd, 2010, 19:44
after I finish the one
i am doing now might do this one if someone could find me good detailed drawings might take it up and the whirlwind let me know what you think

Taz

P.S

Never mind just got Paul Matt's scale drawings Vol 1&2 200 megs of zipped prints from a friend so I think what i need will be in there

Pat Pattle
September 4th, 2010, 07:30
after I finish the one
i am doing now might do this one if someone could find me good detailed drawings might take it up and the whirlwind let me know what you think

Taz

P.S

Never mind just got Paul Matt's scale drawings Vol 1&2 200 megs of zipped prints from a friend so I think what i need will be in there

Taz - I'd be really very pleased if an experienced modeller such as yourself was planning to do the Harvard, you would do it a lot more justice than I!

The Harvard was actually my second choice of prototype, I went for it because it's such an important aircraft. However, knowing that you're planning on doing one means that I can go with my heart and have a crack at my first choice which is one of these...

TDS-TAZ
September 4th, 2010, 09:13
will get to it after I get this Helldiver alittle bit further down the road, already got the 3-views done on the T6 scaled down and ready for me to put them in the hanger.

I f there is anything you need let me know I am sure I can help you or send you in the direction to get it going for you.

will be taking time away from the models and to build a tutorial section at my site that breaks everything down in sections from setting up 3-views to building fuse,wings,canopy,animation ect. in simple terms

Enjoy!
Taz

hairyspin
September 4th, 2010, 10:57
...means that I can go with my heart and have a crack at my first choice which is one of these...

Absolutely the right idea, Clive. If your heart isn't in your choice of model, better not start! More power to your elbow!

TDS-TAZ
September 5th, 2010, 14:06
After what they did to the video I made for Hobbit I am not doing anything else Helldiver scratched T6 scatched ect. Sorry

Another modeler SLAPPED in the face

Taz

CADFather
September 5th, 2010, 16:39
Taz,
While I can't make excuses for the actions of the moderators of the forum here, I am sure that this may just be a SOP reaction given the recent loss of the forums and information on them due to a virus. To me it seems better to take swift action while things are sorted rather than to leave them be and find out later that you should have reacted sooner. Better safe than sorry so to speak.

As a forum owner yourself that has recently come under attack, I would hope that you would be a little more forgiving than just to give up after a wrinkle in the fabric was thought to be found. I know that I wouldn't be so quick to condemn the fine folks here, but take more of a wait and see approach to see just what happens. Who knows maybe after the file has been scanned by the mods, it'll be restored, I'm sure it hasn't been removed, just secluded from public access until it can be determined whether it is safe or not. Patience my friend, we are all still a little jumpy about viri (plural for virus?).

CAD (Joe)

ndicki
September 6th, 2010, 06:42
CADFather is speaking sense. I was here when the site got virused several times, and half of my uploads went with it. It was one hell of a mess, and the owner and admins worked and worked and worked to pull it back together. They've done a great job rebuilding the site, or rather building the new one, but a great deal was lost. I don't expect they want to risk that sort of thing again in a hurry, and I have to say I quite agree with them. There's too much at stake.

TDS-TAZ
September 6th, 2010, 07:43
the things I saw wrong with it.........

2 out of 80+ views said it was a virus
Norton did not call it a virus it just did not trust the file for these reasons
1. was less than a week old
2. no signature
3. and less than 10 people in the Norton community knew about this file.

so in a nutshell the file was never over here it was at my site and still there has no virus never had a virus one person said he downloaded it, like to know how he did it cause I could not download it and for the one who said he could not load cause his virus program stopped it. it could of been he did not have the proper C-codes for the MP4 file don't know don't care what i am not happy with is they deleted it and said nothing to me about it just delete. I used the same the software that i used before with no problems i did not upload the video here to save SOH space just added a link from my site to this site how they got a virus that way is beyond me unless the virus software calls everything it dose not know a virus to be safe. anyway you all have a good one......... not mad not even upset just know when I am not welcome around here so I will stay at website where I do not give someone a virus that was never there to begin with cause I know what a virus can do and what a spam attack can do so i am very careful when I upload things. and I tried telling them it was clean but they did not want to hear that they complained and got it removed which makes me feel like SOH staff dose not trust me. but anyway have a good one I will not post anything here again pictures video's post cause I do not want to be accused of giving viruses around here if you all want to check that file yourself it is at mysite under new users under HAPPY BIRTHDAY House Hobbit and you can judge for yourself the site is working fine now fixed alot of the issues that I did not get around too in the past but have fixed them you can now register without me validating you it dose it on it's own now

Taz