PDA

View Full Version : Golden Age Sim's Waco CTO

pilottj
August 30th, 2010, 18:43
Hey Folks
Finally got around to getting this Waco. Wonderful classic cruiser perfect for biplane cross countries. Reminds me a little of Bill Lyons great Waco YMF for 02 and 04. Shes a little slicker on landing than the YMF but not to bad once you get used to it. Anyway, the only downside is it isnt FSX native, some minor prop blur issues in the clouds but other than that a great bird. I really hope the folks at Golden Age consider revamping this wonderful plane to FSX native status. I also hope GAS considers doing an FSX native YMF too. :)

I did a simple repaint to a blue and tan mix.

Cheers
TJ

bkeske
August 30th, 2010, 20:09
I just got done putting a bunch of hours in the WACO Classic collection, including the CTO, and I agree with you in your hope that these will be updated fully to FSX certification, and perhaps raise the detail level to that of their newer Stearman, which is also really very nice, and fully FSX compliant.

The CTO is a great cross country flyer, and it helps that it has a VOR to make longer flights easier, but to be honest, I'm quite more attracted to the ASO for some reason...perhaps it's the exposed radial cylinder heads. :icon_lol: Next to that it is probably the GXE. That said, it sure was nice to have the CTO when I reached the Rockies during my just completed trip from Ohio to Seattle using nothing but my biplane collection (even the 10 got it's stints). After a couple of those long flights I did get a new appreciation for what the CTO offered.

This collection is rock solid and very easy to trim out and fly a long distance. I have found landing them is almost always a 'greased one' for me now with these birds....just get some seat time, and you will figure out their nuances.

Enjoy.

pilottj
August 30th, 2010, 22:51
lol yeah I always thought crusing around in those Stearmans and Wacos were like the Harleys and Indians of the air. Somthing about big round biplanes seem to have that same kind of head turning presence as an ornately painted cruiser. :jump:

Cheers

TJ