PDA

View Full Version : A2A Forums down now! Getting silly?

IanP
September 30th, 2008, 13:47
Is anyone else able to get to the forums at A2A Simulations at the moment?

They were fine earlier when I nipped on to check for major issues using the WoP bombers in FSX/SP2 but when I just went back to look for some info, I'm getting 404 errors on anything to do with their forums at all.

This is way beyond a joke now... What the &^%$@ is going on?

Ian P.

Nick C
September 30th, 2008, 14:29
Down for me to and I'm having problems with my stat counter access and email.

spotlope
September 30th, 2008, 14:50
This is interesting indeed. I did a little research, and early results show that someone has possibly hijacked their "index.php" file, replacing it with a stub that redirects users to an IP address. My firefox wouldn't go there, reporting it instead as a known hacking site. However, if I went to a link deeper into their forums, for instance http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=32 , then I was able to gain access. This looks like one of those scripts that trolls for vulnerable servers, then replaces selected files with infected versions. In this case, index.php was the one hit. viewforum.php seems unaffected. The 404 we're getting now is probably the admins removing all infected index.php files. Hopefully they can patch it up soon.

FAC257
September 30th, 2008, 15:07
Something odd that I noticed late yesterday while looking at the A2A Forum messages is that down at the bottom in the "Who's Online" listing, ever forum section had a visitor named "MSN(Bot)".

I wonder if this was a normal web crawler or a problem getting ready to happen.

CodyValkyrie
September 30th, 2008, 16:35
Well, they seem fine now. Must have happened while I was working.

Tako_Kichi
September 30th, 2008, 18:06
Working fine for me too and has every time I checked in today. You must have visited at just the 'wrong' time Ian.

GypsyBaron
September 30th, 2008, 22:02
Working fine for me too and has every time I checked in today. You must have visited at just the 'wrong' time Ian.

I can confirm it was down ( the forum portal ) for quite some
time this afternoon. I went to the base A2A page and sent
email informing them they had a problem.

Paul

Snuffy
October 1st, 2008, 03:39
Something odd that I noticed late yesterday while looking at the A2A Forum messages is that down at the bottom in the "Who's Online" listing, ever forum section had a visitor named "MSN(Bot)".

I wonder if this was a normal web crawler or a problem getting ready to happen.

I had a Yahoo(bot) name there about two days ago.

IanP
October 1st, 2008, 04:17
The bots aren't necessarily a bad thing - when I set up a forum system to play about with, some time ago, the allow/disallow bots was an option in the forum setup - the theory then was that allowing the bots would aid in external searching of your site by, for instance, MSN Search, Yahoo Search and Google Search.

You can catch them on almost any of the major sites if you lurk there often enough.

Ian P.

deimos256
October 1st, 2008, 04:41
Not to get off topic but has anyone been able to get on Alphasim's forums? its going on 2 days for me not getting in.

SpaceWeevil
October 1st, 2008, 05:18
Not to get off topic but has anyone been able to get on Alphasim's forums? its going on 2 days for me not getting in.

This is on the front page over at AS..

27th Sept
Unfortunately our forum server is currently experiencing some issues. The forums will be offline pending a resolution. Thank-you for your patience and support.

deimos256
October 1st, 2008, 05:21
ooops your correct

Nick C
October 1st, 2008, 09:10
Now my forum has gone down! Something isn't right here.

Lightning
October 1st, 2008, 09:27

Not only is it down still, but now it seems to no longer exist.

Nick C
October 1st, 2008, 09:28
Mine is back up again thanks to proboards quick service, but there are a lot of forums down that they host and these are spread over various servers.

deimos256
October 1st, 2008, 10:44
Not only is it down still, but now it seems to no longer exist.

ughh, and all i want is info on how to nerf the blackhawks FM