PDA

View Full Version : little things that can tick you off

Paul Anderson
August 28th, 2010, 17:17
You download a plane. You install it to a directory of your choice. I always go for a temporary directory because I want to see what's going on. (if no choice, I'll rename the fsx folder, make a new one, and copy stuff into it until installer is happy) You copy the plane and effects, etc. into your copied fsx directory, if you had to do that, and rename again), fire things up, and voila?
Not always. Sometimes you lose texture maxload-4096 and other settings. The installer has changed your fsx directory in the system to the temporary directory, so things like texture maxload editor, etc. don't kick in anymore. Annoying, but you can fix it. Not everyone knows this though. I once thought a product purposely changed my fsx.cfg lod radius to get better fps. Good thing I bit my tongue, it was the installer that was the cause.

Bjoern
August 28th, 2010, 18:11
Poorly programmed automatic installers are worse than the worst hangover on a saturday morning. Oh, I hate 'em!

Scratch
August 28th, 2010, 19:16
Poorly programmed automatic installers are worse than the worst hangover on a saturday morning. Oh, I hate 'em!

A strawberry milkshake will fix a hangover every time.

heywooood
August 28th, 2010, 19:49
so will a bloody mary....or menudo if you got the huevos to eat it

I don't know the difference from auto installers so I just keep a copy of my latest .cfg for comparison - thats if I install sumpn and FSX goes naff

Bjoern
August 30th, 2010, 11:44
A strawberry milkshake will fix a hangover every time.

If my stomach got burned through by the alcohol nothing will fix a hangover.
If not, lots of water, vitamine and mineral pills and a nice breakfast do the trick as well.

As for milkshakes...don't know where I could get them here, apart from McDumb.