PDA

View Full Version : FDG B-17 question / problem...

Rami
August 27th, 2010, 10:03
Hello,

Is anyone else having problems with the FDGv2 B-17 in that it only releases one bomb when used as AI? This has been plaguing me throughout "Frantic" and I'd like to find a solution before I release it. Would releasing the bombs as a salvo cure the problem?

If so, could someone please make a .dp adjustment on the ones found in Kelti's prop package which contain the crates and oil barrels?

Thanks in advance,

Talon
August 27th, 2010, 12:16
Rami,

Level bombers can only release 1 bomb. This has been discussed many times in the forums over the years. TR made AI bombloads that look like multible bombs but it is still just 1 bomb. I've tried all kinds of configurations in the dp with no luck. Looks like your stuck with what it is.

Talon

Rami
August 27th, 2010, 13:04
Talon,

Thanks. I must have "missed the boat" on that one.

erufle
August 28th, 2010, 05:13
Talon,

Thanks. I must have "missed the boat" on that one.

No, it sank after everyone got on at Puerto Escondido. Has anyone seen a brown bottle with a note taped on the front of it?

kelticheart
August 28th, 2010, 07:26
Hello,

Is anyone else having problems with the FDGv2 B-17 in that it only releases one bomb when used as AI? This has been plaguing me throughout "Frantic" and I'd like to find a solution before I release it. Would releasing the bombs as a salvo cure the problem?

If so, could someone please make a .dp adjustment on the ones found in Kelti's prop package which contain the crates and oil barrels?

Thanks in advance,

Hi Rami,

I had originally thought to include the AI bombload developed by TR in FDG2's B-17s, but then I forgot.

If you want me to, I can do it for you and send you the modded dp via e-mail.

Let me ask you, and anybody else, what's the best framerate you can get from these models? On my pc I can't seem to get any better than 15-13 fps, which is a tad low when considering a flight of, at least, 8 aircrafts.

When you'll release your campaign, I might decide to modify the missions to replace the AIs with Bismarck13's AI B-17F and G. Those are already rigged up for the AI drop payloads, we would ony have to add the supply drop.

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

Rami
August 28th, 2010, 09:20
Kelti,

With eight in the air...FPS is fine, at least 22-25 or better. If I get beyond 16, it gets progressively worse. I've gotten used to it.

However, if you do want to do the supply drop .dp mod for Bismarck's models, I'll offer them as a low-res alternative.

Thanks,

kelticheart
August 29th, 2010, 08:46
Kelti,

With eight in the air...FPS is fine, at least 22-25 or better. If I get beyond 16, it gets progressively worse. I've gotten used to it.

However, if you do want to do the supply drop .dp mod for Bismarck's models, I'll offer them as a low-res alternative.

Thanks,

Roger for the supply drop dp with Bismarck's models! Check your e-mail for FDG2's B-17 AI bomb payload.

Cheers!

Rami
August 29th, 2010, 08:52
Kelti,

Thanks, I have them...now I just have to manually edit the mission payloads...uugh.

kelticheart
August 29th, 2010, 09:22
Kelti,

Thanks, I have them...now I just have to manually edit the mission payloads...uugh.

I don't envy you. To help you out, I had another idea.

I will uniform payloads in Bismarck's B-17F and G dps to the ones I did for FDG2's B-17. In this way the aircrafts payload number in each mission will be the same. How about it?

Cheers!

Rami
August 29th, 2010, 09:32
Kelti,

Simply put....you'd be my hero! :medals:

I was just contemplating the fact that I'd have to do it twice for those who chose to use the lower-res models.

You'd cut my workload tremendously! :salute:

kelticheart
August 29th, 2010, 10:18
Kelti,

Simply put....you'd be my hero! :medals:

I was just contemplating the fact that I'd have to do it twice for those who chose to use the lower-res models.

You'd cut my workload tremendously! :salute:

It's agreed, then. I'll send them over as soon as I have them ready, your "Operation Frantic" pack will be a nice one!

Cheers!

Rami
August 29th, 2010, 10:59
Not to worry,

I just finished editing the missions, I fixed a couple of minor payload issues in the process, so it wasn't all bad. :wiggle:

oldwheat
August 29th, 2010, 13:42
Are Bismarck's AI B-17s downloadable somewhere?

They don't seem to be in the archives (or I'm just missing them).

Rami
August 29th, 2010, 13:46
Oldwheat,

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=9359

kelticheart
August 30th, 2010, 02:58
Not to worry,

I just finished editing the missions, I fixed a couple of minor payload issues in the process, so it wasn't all bad. :wiggle:

William's AI B-17s new dp files done and sent to you via e-mail! I also corrected the nose defensive armament for both models and undercarriage contact points, so that they now stand correctly on the runway.

Cheers!

Rami
August 30th, 2010, 04:41
Kelti,

Files received, I put them in the campaign package. Thanks again! :ernae: