PDA

View Full Version : Changing flight dynamics

XLR8
August 27th, 2010, 09:04
What part of the air file would I use,from one aircraft say the F16 to say a A4 sky hawk. I hope I am clear here .I know the planes are hypothetical,but it gives the idea.

fliger747
August 27th, 2010, 09:24
Not so clear, please elaborate what you are trying to do. The cfg and air files both name the aircraft and specify it's parameters. For instance the contact points, cg, weights etc would be quite different, as would the wing parameters as one has a delta wing and the other has a low aspect very thin high speed wing, the engines are quite different as well.

I guess as a starting point you could rename one to the other then proceede to change almost everything. Not much would be the same by the time you finished....

Cheers: T

XLR8
August 27th, 2010, 09:59
I didn't think about contact points,and such .I was thinking just better flight parameters . I know I can change the stuff like flap scaler and spoiler scaler . But was trying to figure out the swishing or floating part,kinds like a boat in high seas .

fliger747
August 28th, 2010, 15:01
Most of the important stuff still hides in the .air file, for which you need an editor such as Air.ed or Aircraft Airfile Manager. Possibly a better solution is to buy Jerry Beckwith's Airwrench. I think about $20, but a very usefull program, allowing you to enter the basic aircraft info and derive an airfile, and then a host of adjustment sliders to tune the results.

Cheers: Tom