PDA

View Full Version : CFS1 and Vista

hurricane3
November 20th, 2008, 11:55
I know this was asked before but couldn't find the posts,but is CFS1 ,Vista compatable and if so is there a way of installing it thats different from Windows XP?

Johnny
November 20th, 2008, 22:31
~S~ hurricane3,

As the resident Vista expert, the answer is yes, within conditions.

#1. You have to take control of Vista or it will eat your lunch.

NOTE: Oh! Did I tell you I am also the resident fool? This is going to be a long night for me, and I hope I cover everything and the Outhouse does not get hacked again.

Anyway, # 1, Turn off User Accounts Control: Start, User Accounts, Turn User Accounts on or off, click it and un check the box.

NOTE: You would think in a 8x10 cell everything would be close by.

#2 NEVER turn it back on. If you want to remove it all together you can go to (www.tweak-uac.com (http://www.tweak-uac.com)), download TweakUAC and it will stop the annoying message I get every time I turn Vista on. I leave it so Vista knows who the boss is.

#3 I hope you are the only one using this computer or you can download CFS to a Zip drive and lock it.

Run the Vista Command line as admin. Log in as administrator, then hit Start, in the search bar at the bottom type CMD then press Ctrl-Shift-Enter, all at one time. You should be in control, but not really.

#4 Only install CFS once, If you have multi copies they will be blended into one pile of useless garbage, in Vista's quest to save space. The largest program in the world wants to save space.

#5 You will need to plug your joystick in and start CFS, Freeflight, in game, Alt, Options, Settings, NO (never click yes, no matter what), Custom Controls, Assignments, Once inside you must assign your joystick settings. Very trick, but you can do it.

#6 Once your joystick is set, fly you aircraft and end the game. Go into the CFS program and make a copy of your COMBATFS.CFG file to your desktop and then ZIP it. If Vista screws up the other you will have a backup.

#7 Never ever believe Vista when it says your joystick has changed.

J.:costumes:

hurricane3
November 21st, 2008, 13:42
WOW! Thats a lot for an old program,not sure if it's worth it.Thanks for the reply,have to mull over if I want to do all this.

Skyferret
November 22nd, 2008, 00:34
I'm using XP Home. From what I've seen lately, Vista and the Joystick issue is common.

Here's food for thought. MS, as you've heard, is coming out with touch screen technology for it's next generation OS. Hmmmmmm, lets see, perhaps the plane will follow your finger :costumes::costumes::costumes::costumes::costumes: :costumes::costumes:

Johnny
November 22nd, 2008, 06:55
~S~ Sky,

I was thing of going to Windows 98, Hubbabubba Is not having problems. I think I really should go back to Windows 3.0, now that was fast.

J.:bs:
.:cost1:Hay! you can't do that here. Oh well, everyone else does.

jbtate
November 22nd, 2008, 10:16
Hurricane 3, it's not as complicated as it seems, basically clearing the User Accounts Control and making sure the CFG file recognizes your joystick and settings. Post your progress -- it will fly.
jbtate

hurricane3
November 22nd, 2008, 12:15
Well if you say so I might gather up the guts to try it.Thanks

Johnny
November 22nd, 2008, 12:28
~S~ h,

It is a snap, where it took me over a month to figure out. I did forget one thing. Never let Vista install Adobe Air. If you open your aircraft folder and see a package in there where your .air file was, go to the control panel and remove Adobe Air.

Good Luck and enjoy,

j:mix-smi:

hurricane3
November 22nd, 2008, 14:41
Thanks for the tipabout adobe air,I'll be getting a new Vista computer soon and am printing out all these tips.You guys are great!