PDA

View Full Version : Changing the VC Height

Merlin216
August 26th, 2010, 20:01
In the Alphasim C-17 I have a default 747 panel aliased as the VC. I just noticed that it is several feet higher than it should be. My eyepoint is actually right above the cabin on top of the refueling port. How hard would it be to lower the VC down a couple feet so it should match the exterior model?

X_eidos2
August 27th, 2010, 03:03
There are two ways to adjust the VC eyepoint. You can do a temporary change by using the keyboard combination of shift+backspace or shift+enter to move up or down. If you want a permanent change, you can use a text editor and change the line in the aircraft cfg file. Look for

[Views]
eyepoint=-1.75,0.0000000,2.8

If I remember correctly, the last of the three numbers is the one you want to adjust to move the eyepoint up and down.

Merlin216
August 27th, 2010, 05:58
My problem is due to the actual model of the 747 vc being out of line with the C-17 cockpit. I put 2 alphasim C-17s with the same 747 vc substitution perfectly together, and if you do all the keypresses to get the eyepoint out side of the vc, you can see that the 747 vc is several feet above the C-17s cockpit, and actually farther forward.

Thank you. That is my fault, I just notice how I failed to explain if it was model related or the actual eyepoint.