PDA

View Full Version : Virtavia Turbo Mentor

Javis
August 26th, 2010, 14:20
So what's up with the Virtavia Turbo Mentor then, gents... ?? Nobody likes it ??..... It's not like i have scoop here, have i ??...

Just wondering cause i can't find anything about it here.

http://secure.simmarket.com/virtavia-t-34c-turbo-mentor.phtml

I like it a lot myself, big Mentor fan as i am. I suppose it's the pimped up Alphasim FS9 T-34C. Native FSX now with a lot of bells and whistles to boot. Very nice really.

16863 16862

I see a small problem with the ignition/starter/generator switches. So is anybody else flying it ? ( can't believe i'm the only one.... :kilroy: )

Well done Virtavia, thanks ! :salute:

Cheers,
Jan

d0mokun
August 26th, 2010, 14:34
The T-34C always was FSX native, but unfortunately didn't get much coverage the first time around. I don't think anything has been done to it for the re-release.

ATB
Dan.

kilo delta
August 26th, 2010, 14:42
There were quite a few paints available for it. I fly it from time to time around the Falklands/Malvinas in Argentine Airforce livery. :)

peter12213
August 26th, 2010, 14:43
Yeah I have it, think alot of people were put off because it was one of the first aircraft with real systems and that you litterally couldn't start if you were retarded lol (No offence in anyway to anyone.) A fabulous flyer extremely well made and a really fun aircraft to fly! I love it though havent flown it in ages might dig it out again actually!:wavey:

kilo delta
August 26th, 2010, 14:48
Here's the original thread from when the T-34 was first released...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=3275

Javis
August 26th, 2010, 16:13
Thanks guys! :salute:

Wow!! Certainly doesn't look like 2 years old, looks brand sparkling new to me ! :cool:

Anyway, there goes my scoop.... hehe

Amazing really, must've been the release of our F-86 then that completely blocked my view on this lovely little bird ( wasn't exactly much into FSX around that time neither ) Couldn't find anything about it but i sure didn't look that far back !

Thanks for the link, KD, seems i have some reading to do... sheeezzz ! :icon_eek:

Say, i didn't miss an AS native FSX T-34A/B as well, did i ?? ( got the Carenado one, still a fav ! )

Cheers,
Jan

doublecool
August 26th, 2010, 16:19
Hay the tires will blow if ya ride the brake

peter12213
August 26th, 2010, 16:50
The engine blows too and it'll just stop on you in mid air too, this was one of the first that I can think of that did this in fsx sp2/Accel!

VCN-1
August 26th, 2010, 18:16
Hypoxia also.

VCN-1

calypsos
August 26th, 2010, 22:55
I seem to remember it was areal FR killer at the time, maybe many PC's are that much better than two years ago.

peter12213
August 27th, 2010, 05:44
Wll Ive always had a crap pc and its always worked fine on mine!

gajit
August 27th, 2010, 15:23
Wll Ive always had a crap pc and its always worked fine on mine!

Same here - i remember that it had a problem if you switched from one version to another - you had to re-start the engine. I wonder if that got fixed

fsafranek
October 6th, 2011, 13:09
Same here - i remember that it had a problem if you switched from one version to another - you had to re-start the engine. I wonder if that got fixed
Unfortunetly no but it was an easy restart -- flip the red fuel pump toggle lever on the throttle housing and then flip the starter switch on the right panel side and the engine would start right up. The blades also needed to feather when the engine was shut down as well but no one could be bothered to fix that either. :kilroy:

It was a pleasure researching and painting it though. We had a Navy aviator student who was in the T-34C phase of his training working with us on it, providing lots of specific walk around photos and system videos taken with his cell phone. It was a fun project.

Had a good paint kit :icon_lol: so lots of repaints here (http://www.mirage4fs.com/Alphasim/index.html#T-34C) and also some from "rsgunner" at avsim.
:ernae:

Wingnut172N
October 6th, 2011, 16:07
Yeah I have it, think alot of people were put off because it was one of the first aircraft with real systems and that you litterally couldn't start if you were retarded lol (No offence in anyway to anyone.) A fabulous flyer extremely well made and a really fun aircraft to fly! I love it though havent flown it in ages might dig it out again actually!:wavey:

I wasn't put off by it having real systems....I was put off by it having a completely unrealistic start sequence (ignition/fuel/condition lever) and poor modeling on obvious things (PT-6 feathering on shut-down). This combined with the fact that it became a slide show at random times.

I tried to reinstall it to chair fly for Primary, but now Virtavia won't get back to me about redownloading my product. Overall left a pretty bad taste in my mouth. Doesn't matter since I'm going T-6B's anyway now.

bmd
October 7th, 2011, 06:26
Helloo,

I have this aircraft and I like it. Morever we can find a flight manual for the T-34C here
http://www.t-34.com/documents/manuals/T-34C_NATOPS_Flight_Manual.pdf
So we can practice flying the T-34C like a yooug student.

However I have a problem when I try to go to the Virtavia web siite. My MaAffee web protection indicate to me that the site is a malicious one. A suspect activity has been detected 11 times during the last 90 days.

Have you information about this? It may be a falsse alarm I do not know how to veriify this point.

Thank for your help

Benoit

fsafranek
October 7th, 2011, 07:58
Helloo,

I have this aircraft and I like it. Morever we can find a flight manual for the T-34C here
http://www.t-34.com/documents/manuals/T-34C_NATOPS_Flight_Manual.pdf
So we can practice flying the T-34C like a yooug student.

However I have a problem when I try to go to the Virtavia web siite. My MaAffee web protection indicate to me that the site is a malicious one. A suspect activity has been detected 11 times during the last 90 days.

Have you information about this? It may be a falsse alarm I do not know how to veriify this point.

Thank for your help

Benoit
According to Phil, there's been some tech problem with the forum's server and the hosts have been working on it. It went down completely a couple days ago. Might have to change hosts for a new site. That way it will be easier for Google, McAfee, etc., to see the new site is OK that way that that . A real pain in a**.
:ernae:

bmd
October 7th, 2011, 10:23
Hello Frank,

Thank you for the information. I hope the problem will be solved and that I can visit their web site without alarm.

Have a good day

Benoit