PDA

View Full Version : This is what.....

skyhawka4m
August 26th, 2010, 11:45
flight sim means to me......I'm a cloud surfer....

http://www.patricksaviation.com/videos/SAS73/5038/

dvj
August 26th, 2010, 11:59
Wow. Did you notice the intensity in the Piliots eyes?

idancesafetydance
August 26th, 2010, 12:09
Flying is to me.

Once a sailer, always a sailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlXDTFhCG9w

MudMarine
August 26th, 2010, 13:03
That wasn't the pilot, it was the rear seater B/N. What do they call them now ECMO or WIZZO, something like that? If it was the pilot his left paw should have been on the throttles not hand holds; at least I would hope!? Probably wrong, his right paw did look like it was on the stick........either way, cool footage!

MenendezDiego
August 26th, 2010, 13:19
That was deff. the pilot....

PRB
August 26th, 2010, 13:32
That was great. Good stuff.

Cleartheprop
August 26th, 2010, 13:34
Excellent! Thanks for the HU!

kilo delta
August 26th, 2010, 13:39
That wasn't the pilot, it was the rear seater B/N. What do they call them now ECMO or WIZZO, something like that? If it was the pilot his left paw should have been on the throttles not hand holds; at least I would hope!? Probably wrong, his right paw did look like it was on the stick........either way, cool footage!

I think you're wrong,Mud. He's the pilot alright. Notice how he scans the area ahead before initiating a turn. Also it's clear he's moving the stick.....either that or he's feeling very,very,very lonely on that carrier. ;) :d

PRB
August 26th, 2010, 18:25
One thing that's cool about that video that I wish FS would simulate better is the movement of the clouds when you are very close to them. What FS does is make the clouds fade away to nothing by the time you get to them. It isn't bad, but in real life, its really awesome to see the clouds flash past at whatever speed you're going at the time. It makes you appreciate how fast you're really going. Oddly enough, there was one (1) flight sim (that I had) that did simulate this well, and that was Janes WWII Fighters. Only one I've ever seen.

Gibbage
August 26th, 2010, 18:47
At first I thought it was the REO, but I noticed his hands left hand was up only during the high G turns. I think this is done so the G force does not pull down on the throttle? But on landing, you can clearly see he has full controle of the aircraft, and the REO would be grabbing onto the bars. His eyes look like they are about to depart there sockets when he catches that cable. Wow.