PDA

View Full Version : Graphics help!

b52bob
August 25th, 2010, 08:28
Seems like a lot of people are having trouble with graphics now days. I have beat my head against the wall but nothing seems to help.
FSX fires up ok and scenery and aircraft are fine. Within 5 mins or so, aircraft lose their textures (may or may not come back after 5 mins or so) and the ground looks like pea soup. In addition, ramps at the airports don't show up but the parking spaces are a putrid lime green. Lights are nothing but black squares.

I have cleaned the insides of the computer because I thought it sounded like overheating - no go.

I have a E8500 3.2 with a 9800gt graphics card. 4 megs memory. Nvida driver 7.15.11.8250 and nhancer 2.5.9. Set everything up according to Nick C's instructions (thank you again Nick). Have rex gex utx and trafficx (which I also can't get to work)

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Bob

ps - FS9 works fine so it must be in FSX

txnetcop
August 25th, 2010, 12:20
Bob post a snapshot of what you are seeing

stansdds
August 26th, 2010, 01:58
Sounds like textures are not loading and since they initially load, then you lose them, I'm thinking it is a video card issue. Either a driver update that didn't go well, a video card that's getting too hot, or a video card that is failing. The other possibility is a power supply that is beginning to fail. Those are just the bad things that I can come up with off the top of my head.

harleyman
August 26th, 2010, 04:07
Use EVGA Percission and run the Vid cards fan at 100% and see...

You may be loosing the card, or its overheated, or as mentioned above, a new driver conflict