PDA

View Full Version : SOH P-61 Project: Flight Model progress: video report.

warchild
August 25th, 2010, 00:08
We've made a lot of progress. Thanks to Fligers untiring efforts and my own obcessive drive, the plane is flying extremely well.
The first ground pass is at 421 MPh, 60lbs MP, and 2700 RPM. Weve still got a ways to go, but what we have is very exciting ( and wait till you can see how the rest of the plane is shaping up :) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0seGN1rENM

MudMarine
August 25th, 2010, 01:04
:jump::jump::applause::applause:

empeck
August 25th, 2010, 03:20
:applause:

Snuffy
August 25th, 2010, 03:50
:applause: Is it just me or does it appear that the right engine isn't doing any work? The prop disc doesn't seem to act/react like the left disc ...

Maybe someone can look into how to get the entire prop assembly to rotate as the real ones do much like the A2A with Accu-Sim aircraft are now doing. ...

(I'll shut up now.)

falcon409
August 25th, 2010, 04:13
I'm guessing the prop animation in general still requires tweaking as the left doesn't look correct at all and the right isn't moving. Probably not a major concern right now since the FDE is really what they've concentrated on. I'm sure that'll be addressed when they've gotten further into tweaking.

Overall, very exciting to see it in flight though, Thanks Pam.:salute:

fliger747
August 25th, 2010, 05:43
The external model and internal modeling have a long way to go. Not to be interpreted as a finished product. A demonstration of the fun of flying and what we have done so far as to the flight dynamics:

T

warchild
August 25th, 2010, 10:29
the visual model is way off i admit.. I used a combination of the most recent textures which go to the newest external mmodel, along with the original external model as the latest model has all the animations reset to zero and need to be reworked. So this is nothing but a demonstration of the way she moves. I think its a wonderful testament to Fligers work on the dynamics as he's put in most of the hard work while i was working on the A-7, A-10 and a third i cant mention yet.. I admit though i did stick my head in the window and make a small change here and there :)..

Oh yeah.. rotation was at 100, take off was at 107. I could have rotated at 85 and taken off at 90 but i was being lazy..

warchild
August 25th, 2010, 10:51
I'm guessing the prop animation in general still requires tweaking as the left doesn't look correct at all and the right isn't moving. Probably not a major concern right now since the FDE is really what they've concentrated on. I'm sure that'll be addressed when they've gotten further into tweaking.

Overall, very exciting to see it in flight though, Thanks Pam.:salute:

Thanks Falcon.
The external model was converted to GMAX and the animations were completely re-set, so those are awiating re-animation. Glass has been installed and N2056 is doing a fantastic job on th VC. But its an extremely complex VC so he's taking his time with it, doing it right.. Jankees and Butch ( of OzX fame )are on board as artists as i'm hoping smoothie will be.
its a world class team, and i'm very very proud to be a part of it..

muletrain
August 25th, 2010, 18:15
:applause::applause::applause:

heywooood
August 25th, 2010, 18:36
looks like you've got the spoilers behaving correctly - the apparent energy retention throughout the loop looked appropriate also...shes a big boned gal aint she?

warchild
August 25th, 2010, 19:03
She's good country stock alright ;).. broad shouldered and big boned.. As for energy retention. Thats Fligers doing. he's been doing an awesome job on the flight model.
::chuckles:: She bounces pretty good too ;)..

fliger747
August 25th, 2010, 22:48
Recieved Pam's latest tweaks earler this evening and took it for a spin on the mainframe, a real hoot to fly! Think heavy metal thunder..... Sund, currently stealing the A26 sounds.

Some really good folks working on the visual model.

Cheers: T