PDA

View Full Version : Looking to recreate my Dad's "Dog Legs"

OBIO
August 23rd, 2010, 16:48
My Dad only knew how to cook 3 things: Cheeseburgers, Eggs and these super duper delicious deep fried things he called Dog Legs. They were a deep fried batter thing, like a donut but crispy on the outside and kind of pancake like on the inside..but with more holes. I know he used flour and vanilla in the batter mix...but not sure on the other ingredients. Dad has been gone for 15 years now, and the recipe for Dog Legs is one of a million things that I wish I had though to ask him about.

Does anyone know a recipe for something that sounds vaguely like Dad's Dog Legs?

OBIO

Roadburner440
August 24th, 2010, 10:47
It sounds a lot to me like it would be homemade donut batter he used, and just didn't take the time to cut it up into the shape of donuts. See this: http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/272/Dunken_Doughnuts_Vanilla_Fille54426.shtml . Just make the batter for it, and then fry it in a pan of clean oil (dont want to use old stuff for donuts, tastes gross. been there done that), and see what you think. Just don't make them to big because then they won't cook all the way on the inside.

Willy
August 24th, 2010, 11:19
My mom used to make turtle pancakes for us kids. She'd put legs, head and tail on a regular pancake to make them. I made them for my kids too.