PDA

View Full Version : Flight sim bargains under $20

dswo
August 23rd, 2010, 03:09
It's really, really hard to compete with A2A/Shockwave's World War II fighters when you can buy five planes for $17 (US) on Amazon and then download the FSX versions for three of them free.

What other bargains are there? You could say that FSX Gold is a bargain for $30 -- and it is, when you think about what you're getting for that price. Same could be said for a lot of products in that price range. But let's keep it under $20; otherwise, the thread becomes "What are your favorite products for FSX," which is a good question too, but not a new one.

noddy
August 23rd, 2010, 03:32
Dino's F-35.

Naki
August 23rd, 2010, 03:39
Carenado's 185 Bush, 182Q & RG and Cherokee 180F

txnetcop
August 23rd, 2010, 04:20
Lionheart's Paspard Skylark $12.00

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Skylark.html

Incredible aircraft for the money! Bill this is basically a gift at that price!

Hanimichal
August 23rd, 2010, 04:32
...You could say that FSX Gold is a bargain for $30 -- ....

The price of the FSX-Gold in my country is US 68$
For this reason I have the FSX-Standard + Accelertaion X :P

jankees
August 23rd, 2010, 04:41
I bought the Captain Sim C-130 and 727 for $9.99 in their sales.
Real bargains I think.

The B-52 I like too, even though it is only the exterior..

I also think the FTX demo's (free) are absolutely brilliant, even though then you want to buy all the other packages later on...
Still, all of Tasmania for free kept me very happy for several weeks.

guzler
August 23rd, 2010, 09:28
Lionheart's Paspard Skylark $12.00

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Skylark.html

Incredible aircraft for the money! Bill this is basically a gift at that price!

I've got the F-35 and love it, the other end of the envelope is this beauty, must invest soon !

heywooood
August 23rd, 2010, 16:27
the Pasped Skylark is found money @ 12.00$ as it is easily finer than models priced twice that

now I know 20.00$ is the limit but the Golden Age Stinson Jr Pack is a great value @ 24.00$
if you like your vintage aviation... low and slow

RobM
August 23rd, 2010, 19:20
FSD's native FSX planes are currently on sale at $19.95 US or less (usually in the mid-20's).
Two of my favourite's are their Bonanaza and P38, both at $19.95.

Lionheart's Tailwind at $19.95 US is also worth looking at.

olaf1924
August 23rd, 2010, 19:52
dswo the shockwave package are all fsx now except the zero.:wavey:

dswo
August 24th, 2010, 01:25
dswo the shockwave package are all fsx now except the zero.:wavey:

Right you are! Here's the full line-up, once you've downloaded all the patches

Spitfire Mk. IA (FSX-native)
Me-109E (FSX-native)
P-47 Thunderbolt (FSX-native)
P-51 Mustang (FSX-native)
Zero (FSX-compatible)

dswo
August 24th, 2010, 06:39
I see that Amazon is selling the original version of "Rise of Flight" for $17 (US). It seems that, once you apply all the updates, you will have the same graphics and gameplay as "Iron Cross Edition" ($50) minus four planes. But you can buy those -- or four different planes -- for $8 each.

CORRECTION: Amazon's not selling ROF at that price directly, so it's not eligible for free shipping. With shipping, it's $23 -- no longer a $20 bargain.

Helldiver
August 25th, 2010, 00:50
Bill Womack's Plum Island Airport is under $20 and is absolutely the best representation of a real airport that I see almost every day. It includes all of the city of Newburyport.

Mr.Mugel
August 25th, 2010, 02:37
The MegaScenery Hawaii Oahu photoscenery with autogen was a great deal when it was aviable for 5$ on a special deal!

jojohnson9
August 28th, 2010, 13:34
It's really, really hard to compete with A2A/Shockwave's World War II fighters when you can buy five planes for $17 (US) on Amazon and then download the FSX versions for three of them free.

What other bargains are there? You could say that FSX Gold is a bargain for $30 -- and it is, when you think about what you're getting for that price. Same could be said for a lot of products in that price range. But let's keep it under $20; otherwise, the thread becomes "What are your favorite products for FSX," which is a good question too, but not a new one.

I finally got around to investigating this. And thanks for the headsup. I got the "Aircraft Powerpack 2" for $13 plus $5 shipping. Well worth the price. I had previously bought the P-40 and the P-47. But to get the P-51, Bf109e, Spitfire, and Zero for that price is indeed a great deal.

Cleartheprop
August 28th, 2010, 15:20
One more on the list : Anthony Lynch Tecnam Sierra. Just released. around $18.
http://www.antsairplanes.com/sierralsa.html