August 22nd, 2010, 13:51
Cracking!!!!!! :ernae:

dvj
August 22nd, 2010, 20:12

Wow, whose model is that?

noddy
August 22nd, 2010, 23:21
DVJ,

The model is from Alphasim sorry Virtavia, and can be found over at Simmarket.

txnetcop
August 23rd, 2010, 04:23
That's a sweetheart for sure...real nice pic Noddy

dvj
August 23rd, 2010, 08:10
DVJ,

The model is from Alphasim sorry Virtavia, and can be found over at Simmarket.

Thank you! BTW those clouds don't look like they are from REX. Nice work.

jg

conork
August 23rd, 2010, 09:21
wow ...thats great !! nice work :)

noddy
August 23rd, 2010, 12:25
DVJ,

No I use FEX for clouds etc.

nazca_steve
August 31st, 2010, 10:21
Really nice work there, reminds me of an old model kit box cover.

Roger
August 31st, 2010, 12:50
I may crack yet...great shots noddy

noddy
September 1st, 2010, 08:23
Roger,

Not saying it's a perfect model, but as it's the only Canberra (as far as I know) it does just fine.

nazca_steve
September 10th, 2010, 13:27
You mean FSX-dedicated Canberra, right?

peter12213
September 10th, 2010, 14:06
Well they say it is but it's still a port, just updated to .dds and bump mapped, I think, havent got this one for fsx personally!

nazca_steve
September 10th, 2010, 14:20
True, that's what I heard too. Bump mapping - spawn of the devil. Great for WW2 era stuff with rivets-a-plenty, but run your hand over the skin of a Canberra and you won't find much to bump map. Still, I haven't seen it in FSX, so can't say. In fact I'm breaking into a cold sweat spending this long in a Dark Side forum!

Rock on chaps, Noddy's work is stellar regardless.

d0mokun
September 10th, 2010, 14:27
Well they say it is but it's still a port, just updated to .dds and bump mapped, I think, havent got this one for fsx personally!

Then it isn't a port. A port is an FS9 model just stuck into FSX.

I believe I also put RAF-ish pilots in it when I did the conversion.

Best
Dan.

PS> Someone should build a T 17. I love the look of them.

nazca_steve
September 10th, 2010, 14:51
Done! Finished it last week as part of my new series...come back to FS2004 chaps! Actually beta feedback suggests that the 'port', dare I say it, will be easy enough, with good FSX compatibility so far.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=39646&p=472620&viewfull=1#post472620

Fair play on the conversion, Dan, but I always thought a port as it were, required some re-programming. Think back to the days of olden times, and you used to hear of arcade games being 'ported over' to home computers. I could be wrong however, perhaps the lingo meaning has changed in the FS world.

peter12213
September 10th, 2010, 15:07
I had been following your work on your canberra, was hoping it would port never tried it, but that is simply the best one made to date but I cannot go back now, once you've crossed to the dark side you never go back! haha :salute:

And agreed the man is a hero amongst men for his shots like!

peter12213
September 10th, 2010, 15:10
Then it isn't a port. A port is an FS9 model just stuck into FSX.

I believe I also put RAF-ish pilots in it when I did the conversion.

Best
Dan.

PS> Someone should build a T 17. I love the look of them.

No offence intended Dan just what I'd heard mate!

nazca_steve
September 10th, 2010, 15:31
I had been following your work on your canberra, was hoping it would port never tried it, but that is simply the best one made to date but I cannot go back now, once you've crossed to the dark side you never go back! haha :salute:

And agreed the man is a hero amongst men for his shots like!

It is for that very reason that I have yet to try FSX...bit like Pandora's box in a way, so I'll leave alone for now - plenty of chaps out there doing wonderful things in FSX anyway, leaves more for the taking back in good old FS9- world.

But yes have to agree, the art of good screenshot work is still way out of my reach. Some of the stuff over at Screenshotworld just blows me away. I've a lot of respect for those artists.

peter12213
September 10th, 2010, 17:19
Photoshop has alot to answer for I feel, one thing about NOddy I like, while his shots are edited you always know that they arn't doctored if you know what I mean. Colours, sharpness, saturation yes but actually what you see is what he gets on his screen albeit with better colour! As are mine! ut mine never look as good still beauty is in the eye of the beholder or so I'm told mate. :salute:

nazca_steve
September 10th, 2010, 17:46
Deffo in the eye of the beholder, but in Noddy's case, there are a lot of beholders with the same eye, lol. Yeah some serious editing skills needed, but you're right, his are a nice blend of the two, cool work. You in the forces mate? Looks like it from your profile pic.

peter12213
September 10th, 2010, 18:43
Ex bud was at Cranwell untill I nealy died lol, had a problem with my left knee was discharged on leave and unfortunately I never recovered got MD after 2 months of treatment! It was the best experience of my life but as I'm now nearly 25 I'm too old to go back in as a flying officer as I never passed out and got my wings!

noddy
September 11th, 2010, 05:35
Stop it guys, you're embarrassing me!

There are much more talented people out there then me, thamk you for the kind words.

nazca_steve
September 11th, 2010, 11:31
Ex bud was at Cranwell untill I nealy died lol, had a problem with my left knee was discharged on leave and unfortunately I never recovered got MD after 2 months of treatment! It was the best experience of my life but as I'm now nearly 25 I'm too old to go back in as a flying officer as I never passed out and got my wings!

Sorry to hear that, Pete. You know when you hear the words '25' and 'too old' in the same sentence, flying training is involved! Well, the only consolation is that the virtual air force is not likely to MD you anytime soon ;)

peter12213
September 11th, 2010, 12:56
This is very ture mate, plus it's the only place you can fly at mach 1 with ya stick on one hand and a beer in the other LoL! :salute:

nazca_steve
September 11th, 2010, 16:03
And who said women make better multi-taskers? No offence, ladies. yeah have to agree, plus every dodgy landing is survivable and you can have your own private air force at very little cost. Anyone fancy taking over a small African country?

peter12213
September 11th, 2010, 16:21
Hahahaha!