PDA

View Full Version : RE: Short History of Defunct United States Airlines.......

brad kaste
August 21st, 2010, 16:05
Below is a link that offers lots of pictures and thoughts about most of the airlines we've seen come and go in the past 50 years.:engel016:

Read the comments first. Pictures start on left side after scrolling down.

http://www.rioleo.org/interesting-defunct-united-states-airlines.php

Jagdflieger
August 21st, 2010, 16:13
Interesting trip through history. I flew on a number of those airlines over the years.

Bone
August 21st, 2010, 16:16
A good recap, thanks. I had the privilege to fly on Pan Am, TWA, and Texas International.

Willy
August 21st, 2010, 16:58
I used to love catch Texas International's Convair 600s from Dallas to Texarkana. This was back in the day when Coors beer was only sold out west. I'd see how many I could put away before landing.

jmig
August 21st, 2010, 18:34
I used to love catch Texas International's Convair 600s from Dallas to Texarkana. This was back in the day when Coors beer was only sold out west. I'd see how many I could put away before landing.

Tree Top Airlines! Those were the days when flying was fun.

Panther_99FS
August 21st, 2010, 19:03
I remember flying on a few of those now defunct airlines...

Emil Frand
August 22nd, 2010, 07:17
My first flight was on National Airlines in 72, Philly to Orlando headed to bootcamp!

Captain Tenneal
August 22nd, 2010, 09:12
First flight ever on Hughes Airwest from Monterey, Ca to Redding, Ca "the flying banana" was about 10, got my wings!!! gawd i wished I would of kept them!! but parading around with um on was way to important.

Bjoern
August 25th, 2010, 16:16
Oh the many nights I've spent reading up on that subject on the 'net...

Most fascinating.

No mention of Atlantic Coast Airlines though? I thought they'd become infamous after their failed transformation to Independence Air.

Also, they've operated Dornier jets...:d