PDA

View Full Version : Change at AVSIM file library: must now use forum name and password

dswo
August 21st, 2010, 11:44
From Tom Allensworth, http://forum.avsim.net/forum-121/announcement-22-the-new-file-library-please-read/:

We will be bringing the new File Library online sometime in the near future. If you are a user of the File Library today, there is one aspect of the new Library that you absolutely need to know. When we bring the new system online, all previous User ID's and Passwords will become invalid. You will not be able to access the library with your old user ID and pasword. YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO USE YOUR FORUM USER ID AND PASSWORD TO ENTER THE NEW LIBRARY SYSTEM. If you are not a member of the forums, you will not get access to the new library. If you do not have a membership in the forums today, we suggest that you sign up for an account. You do not have to participate in the forums; all you need to do is establish your User ID and Password for entry to the library. Why are we doing this? For years, users have complained about the need for two separate UID's & PW's to access the forum and the library. We have also spent countless hours responding to people who thought that one UID & PW was good for both systems. They could not understand why they could not have access to both systems with that one UID& PW. The new systems allow us to finally unify the two. The forum system also gives us a considerable number of user management tools that we want to have apply to the library as well (and we did not want to re-invent a system for the library). We have ten of thousands of users of the File Library. We are confident that there will be some that do not get the word regarding the new requirements for access. We ask that you help us by spreading the word, and letting your friends and fellow enthusiasts of the above. Thank you in advance.

kilo delta
August 21st, 2010, 12:05
Bit of a bummer,that. I really dislike signing up to forums that I'm unlikely to be a part of.

falcon409
August 21st, 2010, 12:57
Done!:salute:

stiz
August 21st, 2010, 13:37
great .. and i'd just learned me current log in stuff as well!:banghead: