PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a recomendation for the best AI only B-29 out there?

redrooster
September 30th, 2008, 13:31
I'm looking for some imput here, what's the best AI only B-29 available for CFS2? The two main things I'm looking for is a decent looking model and smooth framerates.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
redrooster

Jaxon
September 30th, 2008, 14:12
There is one in the AI pack 1 of the FoxFour`s Korean War campaigns:
http://www.simviation.com/lair/cfs2koreaRS.htm

miamieagle
September 30th, 2008, 15:54
There is another Ai B29 here http://yashico.cool.ne.jp/html/AI-Selection.html:applause:

dvslats
September 30th, 2008, 16:08
The Fox Four B-29 has break away parts. A nice little option from them.

Jagdflieger
September 30th, 2008, 17:16
I took a quick look at my B-29 screen shots to check frame rates. With each new model I download, I record a screen shot with the plane's frame rates against a clear sky. While the rates change with each new computer, they still provide a good reference for selecting an AI aircraft.

The results are:

VB: 40 FPS
Skyqueen: 100 FPS
Yashico's: 140 FPS
Gnoopy's: 65 FPS
Silvia's (Piloto Azul): 90 FPS

My favorite? Gnoopy's B-29. It is the most detailed, but if you want a sky full of Superforts, then Yashico's is the one to have.

I need to test the Fox 4 B-29 and add it to the list. That's a great excuse to fly CFS 2 tonight!

Tango_Romeo
September 30th, 2008, 17:29
I need to test the Fox 4 B-29 and add it to the list. That's a great excuse to fly CFS 2 tonight!

...from yourself on the F4 B-29. I had to keep the B-29 formations down to flights of three or four in the F4 campaigns to maintain high FPS.....but that was in the day of slower processors and lower RAM capacity. She will not stackup well against Yashico's, which I would agree has the best FPS of any I've seen....though with very little detail.

We could have done a better job of 'poly-hunting' on the F4 B-29, and maybe I should make it a project.....but she looks good. :costumes:

redrooster
September 30th, 2008, 17:40
Thanks guys, I'll try both the F4 and Yashico B-29:ernae:

redrooster