August 19th, 2010, 07:08
Saw this video this morning and it made my day::icon_lol::bump:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0049yFEnOs&feature=related

limjack
August 19th, 2010, 08:16
ooooouch!:icon_lol:

falcon409
August 19th, 2010, 08:22
That guy oughta lose his license for a year, see how funny he thinks that is!

Warrant
August 19th, 2010, 08:31
This one is funny as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI3g_8_3_Kk&feature=related

thefrog
August 19th, 2010, 08:54
That guy oughta lose his license for a year, see how funny he thinks that is!
Very irresponsible, I hope he loses his licence.

trisager
August 19th, 2010, 09:44
I wonder if they are still friends

falcon409
August 19th, 2010, 09:47
Very irresponsible, I hope he loses his licence.
There's a right way and a wrong way to do a lot of things, but faking something like passing out or having a heart attack is just wrong and shows a sign of immaturity for a licensed pilot. I know this is reading a lot into that clip, but the "what if" scenarios are endless:
What if - In a panic, the passenger grabs the controls
What if - unknown to the pilot, the passenger has medical problems and has a heart attack
What if - like some of us, the passenger doesn't see the humor in it and when he get's on the ground beats the crap out of the pilot
What if - the passenger, after getting satisfaction, reports his dumb butt to the FAA.

It may seem funny as a viewer, but it's not!

Warrant
August 19th, 2010, 09:54
In a pilot point of view, indeed very irresponsible. But on the other hand, we don't know the other facts surrounding this video situation. The guy holding the camera keeps filming quite steady, while in extreme distress of the pilot fainting........:wiggle:

wantok
August 19th, 2010, 10:26
It may seem funny as a viewer, but it's not!

Wow, hold your horse there pardner. We're all grown ups here with many ex-flyers and active flyers.. whom know full well about what's wrong with the character in this video. And yes, he should lose his license over this stupid prank, but my post is about how the video made my dull day brighter this morning.:salute:

falcon409
August 19th, 2010, 11:13
Wow, hold your horse there pardner. We're all grown ups here with many ex-flyers and active flyers.. whom know full well about what's wrong with the character in this video. And yes, he should lose his license over this stupid prank, but my post is about how the video made my dull day brighter this morning.:salute:
I fully understand that it made your day there "pardner", but by virtue of this being an open forum, it also allows for comments, which is what I did. . .also, I was on the receiving end of an idiot like that when I was young, who thought that suddenly dropping the bottom out was hilarious while over the Atlantic City coastline about 200ft off the coast and maybe an altitude of about 800 ft. He wanted to get a look at the "cuties" on the beach. When you're at the controls. . .be a professional.:salute:

wantok
August 19th, 2010, 11:47
..., but by virtue of this being an open forum, it also allows for comments, which is what I did.

Of course you have that right to so no problem there, but when you start lecturing about the wrongs and rights to adults who already know that the prank is stupid enough to warrant license-yanking is slightly over the top don't you think? I also understand your issue with this sort of thing from your own experience, but I've seen and experienced worse. One I cannot forget is when 2 flight attendents fiddling with the main exit handle when we were in mid-flight at 30,000ft. They thought it was funny not knowing that their fidgetting triggered the warning lights in the cockpit. They were fired on the spot.

falcon409
August 19th, 2010, 11:54
. . . . .but when you start lecturing about the wrongs and rights to adults who already know that the prank is stupid enough to warrant license-yanking is slightly over the top don't you think?. . . . .
Nope, sure don't, if I did I wouldn't have posted at all.

As for your experience, by far, much worse than mine so at least we can agree that there are idiots everywhere who shouldn't be allowed to put us in danger simply because they have a license.:salute:

ryanbatc
August 19th, 2010, 11:56
When you're at the controls. . .be a professional.:salute:

I learned this the hard way... well spoken though!

wantok
August 19th, 2010, 11:59
Agree, ..have a beer on me Falcon..:ernae:

falcon409
August 19th, 2010, 12:04
Agree, ..have a beer on me Falcon..:ernae:
RGR That wantok. . .:ernae:

Lionheart
August 19th, 2010, 12:10
LOLOLOL.... I had to laugh. Im sorry.. I could see me doing that to my little brother in the car, lol..

You have to figure, maybe that was just theatrical as well to create a high-hit YouTube video. I think in reality he would have dropped the camera, not just screaming like that and continuing recording as the plane was nosing down..

JAllen
August 19th, 2010, 12:28
I am with Lionheart, this was an act to make a video. Having just one hour in my log book, my flight instructor went to sleep during climb out. It was funny, sort of. But I had the controls, not him. Took him for a ride before he woke up, surprise on him!!

MudMarine
August 19th, 2010, 12:37
What about the pilots that really fall asleep at the yoke. At least they're not dumb enough to video tape it. I have a friend thats a commerical pilot. I've heard endless stories of pilot incompetence! I laughed at the guy that was screaming like a little be-atch! Be a man and take control of the situation, screaming ain't going to save your ass.

peter12213
August 19th, 2010, 13:17
I thought that was harmless and hilarious, I mean he probs had his eyes open all the did was cut the throttle and put the nose down which seems like it was planned and something he had done before, so to me that was just harmless fun!

Clarke123
August 19th, 2010, 16:25
This one is funny as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI3g_8_3_Kk&feature=related
You sod I nearly cacked myself! :icon_lol:

skyhawka4m
August 19th, 2010, 16:50
I'm sorry....but I've been having some really ****ty life experiences lately and I must say....I have laughed for the first time in a long time.....

thank you!

deathfromafar
August 19th, 2010, 16:51
I have to say, that was one of the mildest in-air pranks I have seen. Nothing illegal went on there. Technically it was a power-off descent with a very standard rate nose down attitude with plenty of altitude for recovery. Nothing at all extreme. The pilot never endangered himself or the passenger or anyone on the ground.

One of my old instructors and I were up in his Decathlon one afternoon when I was on the stick & rudders. He said "my plane" and I took my hands off the stick and feet off the pedals. At that moment, he rolled into a Split-S and began a spiral dive straight down with the G's building quite good. At the bottom, he pulled out level with wings level at 10ft AGL! He had a solid 25 years experience behind him and typed/checked on all kinds of aircraft. I trusted his skill 100% but he did pull things out of his hat once in a while that got the heart rate burning along.

There's a big difference between a mild prank such as this and reckless/unsafe operation of an aircraft.

deathfromafar
August 19th, 2010, 16:53

LMAO! That was great! Got to spring that on a few poor unsuspecting friends.

PRB
August 19th, 2010, 17:00
Yep, I'm with those who think the whole thing was acted out to make a hit UTube video.

Warrant
August 19th, 2010, 17:31

Mwohahahahahahahah (add an evil sound to the laughter) , LOL :icon_lol:

:jump:

Ferry_vO
August 19th, 2010, 22:59
Isn't that a Super Cub?

Those usually have dual controls, so why doesn't the passenger just put the camera down and grab the stick..? (If this was real to begin with!)

:wavey:

JayKae
August 19th, 2010, 23:11
LOL It cracked me up for sure but in saying that I think the fact that the cameraman was filming this pretty steadily it was a setup.. good for a 5 minute bellycramp though LMAO!

stansdds
August 20th, 2010, 02:12
I am with Lionheart, this was an act to make a video. Having just one hour in my log book, my flight instructor went to sleep during climb out. It was funny, sort of. But I had the controls, not him. Took him for a ride before he woke up, surprise on him!!
I had a similar experience while learning to drive a car. The instructor almost always fell asleep and it was up to me to determine when I had driven the prescribed distance, turn around and drive back to school or switch positions with the observer student driver. It was funny at the time, but in retrospect I expect the instructor, who was barely middle aged, probably suffered from sleep apnea and could not help falling asleep.

As for this video, looks too well planned and the guy in the back is really steady with the camera. I'd say it was a planned stunt just to post on YouTube. If not, what's funny now may not be so funny later.