PDA

View Full Version : August 18th....2 year anniversary

OBIO
August 18th, 2010, 22:34
Yesterday marked the 2 year anniversary of Deb's surgery to remove a lemon sized brain tumor. 2 years....in a way it doesn't feel like it has been that long, and in other ways it feels like it has been a lot longer.

I wish I could tell you all that Deb is fully recovered and all is back to normal. Unfortunately, I can not. The right side of Deb's face is still paralyzed and most likely will be for life. This does affect her speech, not too much most of the time, but when she is tired her speech really degrades. Her right eye is still not working properly....still will not roll outward and still a bit crossed. After a year and a half of fighting with an ulceration on her cornea and many visits with the eye surgeon, the cornea is now finally healed and stable..though it does have a good bit of scar tissue. The eyelids on the right eye are surgically closed over half of the width of the lids. Deb still has balance issues, more so when she is tired. She still gets tired and fatigued much much easier than what a normal person would do....dusting the bedroom furniture takes her an hour or more to do and tuckers her out for a day to a day and a half. Deb has regained most of the normal function of her right hand and arm...though she does have a bit of a perception problem with it....she does not always know how much pressure she is exerting with the hand and arm. One day we were at her mom's house and Deb went to give me a playful slap...it was a LOT more than playful...it bloody well hurt!

Today, we are getting together at her mom's house for a celebration....a time to give thanks for surviving the surgery, for making as much progress and recovery as she has and to show appreciation to family and friends who have been great comforts and help during these two years. Deb has a large crock pot of her superbly delicious spaghetti sauce on and letting it simmer for HOURS...been simmering since about 8:30 yesterday evening and will simmer until around noon today when we load it in the car to transport it to her mom's house. Been smelling the world's best spaghetti sauce for hours and I am starving!!!!

I thank all of you who lifted Deb up in prayer during her surgery, rehabilitation and recovery and left well wishes and messages of encouragement. Deb has been touched time and time again by your concern and support. As have I. Thank you!

To all of you...my sim brothers and sisters...I send you a virtual plate of whole wheat angel hair pasta with a generous topping of Deb's 16 hour spaghetti sauce and freshly grated parmesian cheese.

Tim

Astoroth
August 18th, 2010, 23:25
Congrats to you and Deb for the progress thus far, and here's hoping for much, much more to come!

On a more personal note, Kudos to you, Tim, for the support and help you have given your wife over the past 2 years. I know it has been a trial for you at times, but just reading your posts one can see how deeply committed you are to her, and the way you have stood by her side and helped her through the rough times is not something to be taken lightly.

Too many times I have seen a spouse simply throw up their hands and walk away from a sick loved one, claiming that THEY couldn't handle it. So to you, Tim, I say BRAVO!:salute:

Toastmaker
August 19th, 2010, 03:30
Quite right ! She's clearly a strong-willed fighter but also lucky to have you in her corner.

:salute:

Snuffy
August 19th, 2010, 03:49
... Deb has regained most of the normal function of her right hand and arm...though she does have a bit of a perception problem with it....she does not always know how much pressure she is exerting with the hand and arm. One day we were at her mom's house and Deb went to give me a playful slap...it was a LOT more than playful...it bloody well hurt! ...

Deb's a smart woman ... telling you she doesn't have full "perception" use of her right arm ... LOL! :icon_lol:

Glad to hear the milestone report Tim. As always I'll keep the petitions flowing for her.

jmig
August 19th, 2010, 03:49
What a nice uplifting but realistic post OBIO. We are with you. You enjoy that dinner. You and Deb have earned it.

norab
August 19th, 2010, 05:36
wasn't aware of this situation but my prayers and commendations go out to both of you. In today's world of give up and runaway, you are both sterling examples o why we shouldn't, God bless you both

Bone
August 19th, 2010, 05:39
Health is something to be treasured.

Dain Arns
August 19th, 2010, 08:20
Blessings from God to Deb, yourself, and your family Obio. :engel016:

brad kaste
August 19th, 2010, 09:37
....Where there's a good woman,....there's usually a good man,...and Tim,...you're it!:salute:

Willy
August 19th, 2010, 09:38
Congrats to you and Deb for the progress thus far, and here's hoping for much, much more to come!

On a more personal note, Kudos to you, Tim, for the support and help you have given your wife over the past 2 years. I know it has been a trial for you at times, but just reading your posts one can see how deeply committed you are to her, and the way you have stood by her side and helped her through the rough times is not something to be taken lightly.

Too many times I have seen a spouse simply throw up their hands and walk away from a sick loved one, claiming that THEY couldn't handle it. So to you, Tim, I say BRAVO!:salute:

I'll second this. I hope Deb treasures you as much as you do her.

Tako_Kichi
August 19th, 2010, 12:31
Congrats to both of you, I lost my dear M-i-L to brain cancer several years ago and she's still missed by most of the family. F-i-L re-married a couple of years later but that's a whole other story!

OBIO
August 19th, 2010, 12:59
The spaghetti was KILLLLERRRRR! Deb makes the best spaghetti sauce in the entire universe. I like eating the left over sauce on crackers! It's that good. Deb is still at her mom's house, hanging out, playing cards and chit chatting with her mom, sisters, aunts and a handful of other women.

OBIO

rayrey10
August 19th, 2010, 18:38
OBIO - my best regards and congratulations to Deb and you. I think that the first time that I "met" you (online) was when you made a post after her surgery a couple of years back. It's good to hear that she is doing well.

Ray

P.S. I don't want a virtual bowl of pasta and sauce so send me a real one cuz it sounds good! :icon_lol: