PDA

View Full Version : XCountry_Military Style

falcon409
August 18th, 2010, 20:21
A thread from a week or two ago requesting info on available Military Bases Scenery prompted me to download about 25 of Jim Cooks excellent creations which also pushed me into setting up a rather loose Cross Country that started in Washington State (Fairchild AFB) and will end at Bangor International. I'm currently parked at Col. Springs in my T-38.

I'm taking some screens, but not a huge amount, just a few whenever the urge hits me. Thanks to Jim for some excellent work on these and many other Military Bases across the country. It's been great so far, flying into his bases really gives an extra sense of realism that just wouldn't be there otherwise.:salute:

falcon409
August 18th, 2010, 20:22
Here are the rest from the first three legs:

flyer01
August 18th, 2010, 21:39
Thank you for showing the screens.
I just got throu test flying some I-16's for a Mini-MAW Expansion in CFS3.

flyer01

blazefox2
August 19th, 2010, 06:27
kinda reminds me of when i did my RTW trip in the Iris F-14:jump:

Bone
August 19th, 2010, 06:34
I looked at your route, that's quite a x-country. Is the T-38 work you were doing finished? I like what you did with the T-33 VC touch ups, and the T-38 needs it even worse.

falcon409
August 19th, 2010, 08:11
I looked at your route, that's quite a x-country. Is the T-38 work you were doing finished? I like what you did with the T-33 VC touch ups, and the T-38 needs it even worse.
As a matter of fact, yes. . .yes it is, lol. Actually, I spotted a couple knobs I left out, but as the pics show, it's not far. Every gauge face, every avionics box, every control panel and every label was redone. There are few places where the labeling was left off because I just had no idea from the original, what it was supposed to be. I also looked everywhere I could think of to find a source for the missing info, but found nothing. Actually, the very best source would have been the T-38 Cockpit poster used for training, however I wasn't going to pay to get the poster just so I could figure out what two or three labels were supposed to be and of course the images available didn't quite enlarge enough to make anything out.

I plan on posting later on this afternoon. I have the original artwork in 4096x4096, however I am wondering if I should make a reduced version to 2048x2048 as well?

falcon409
August 19th, 2010, 12:53
Uploaded to SOH:salute:

falcon409
August 20th, 2010, 12:52
Colorado Springs to Nellis. . .next will be a flight into Luke AFB.

falcon409
August 20th, 2010, 16:25
Here's a few taking off from Nellis. . .I would have a couple as well from the landing at Luke AFB except that about 10 miles out, as I was talking to the Tower, I clicked the "X" for the sim, rather than the "X" for the ATC box. . .they happened to be side by side. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Needless to say I "will" be starting the next flight from the Luke Flightline, lol.

strykerpsg
August 20th, 2010, 17:58
Here's a few taking off from Nellis. . .I would have a couple as well from the landing at Luke AFB except that about 10 miles out, as I was talking to the Tower, I clicked the "X" for the sim, rather than the "X" for the ATC box. . .they happened to be side by side. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Needless to say I "will" be starting the next flight from the Luke Flightline, lol.

LOL, I know the feeling. I can't tell you how many long flights I've been on only to have it either crash to desktop or accidentally close it out as you've done. BTW, quite a sweet T-38 you've put back into action. How did you get multiple legs to save on the FS planner? I thought you could only input a start and finish point.

Matt

falcon409
August 20th, 2010, 19:26
. . . . .How did you get multiple legs to save on the FS planner? I thought you could only input a start and finish point. . . . . .
Matt
Actually after you have the start and finish, you can go back to the map and drag the route line to other waypoints. For a cross country like this it look a little doing because the "map" feature isn't very big and to pick out the right "dot" that is your airport can be a real trick. I already had the airports listed and the states obviously, so while it took a bit of time, it wasn't really too bad.:salute:

falcon409
August 20th, 2010, 19:38
In at Davis-Monthan AB and my next stop will be my Home Base at Carswell AFB (now NAS Ft Worth, JRB).

falcon409
August 21st, 2010, 07:15
Switched over to the freshly repainted Voodoo for this leg of the XCountry:

falcon409
August 21st, 2010, 07:16
A few more:

falcon409
August 21st, 2010, 13:31
NAS Fort Worth to Ellington Field in Dino's Goshawk:

falcon409
August 21st, 2010, 13:33
A few more. . .from here, it'll be on to Eglin AFB and a few more around the Florida area, then the long run up the east coast to Bangor, Maine.

jmig
August 21st, 2010, 15:00
Falcon, I can give you just about anything you want in the T-38. Ihave books and books, plus hundreds of pictures of the airplane. I spent two years researching it for my cockpit.

Bone
August 21st, 2010, 15:39
Falcon, I can give you just about anything you want in the T-38. Ihave books and books, plus hundreds of pictures of the airplane. I spent two years researching it for my cockpit.

JMIG, I hate to 'jack Falcon's thread, but would it be possible for you to put up some pics of your Talon pit? I've heard you reference it before , just thought I'd ask.

Sorry Ed, the opportunity presented itself. Anyway, I've got your T-38 VC touch ups, thanks!

falcon409
August 22nd, 2010, 08:30
These next series of pics cover the flights from Ellington Field, Texas to Eglin AFB, then on the next morning to McDill AFB.

falcon409
August 22nd, 2010, 08:32
. . .a few more:

falcon409
August 22nd, 2010, 10:50
MacDill AFB to Patrick AFB in the IRIS Mig-29:

falcon409
August 22nd, 2010, 10:51
Just a few more. . . . .

falcon409
September 1st, 2010, 22:04
I'm resurrecting this rather than starting a new thread. . . .I'm flying the Rick Piper's Hawk to Shaw AFB and then the venerable Caribou up to Pope AFB. Working my way up the east coast ahead of "Earl".

falcon409
September 1st, 2010, 22:05
. . . .and finally. . .