PDA

View Full Version : 'A Second Grader Is Smarter Than Me'...

Panther_99FS
November 19th, 2008, 18:37
Okay,
So I'm helping out my 2nd grade son with his homework....He then proceeds to tell me that they're learning SIMILES!

I can barely remember "similies"....:icon_lol::kilroy:

AckAck
November 19th, 2008, 19:08
well, :-) is a happy face, ;-) is a winking happy face, and :-p is someone sticking out their tongue.

Then there is 8-) someone with glasses, and...

Oh, SIMILIES, not SMILIES. Maybe I need glasses, then I could read like the wind...

Brian :d

rayrey10
November 19th, 2008, 20:19
Panther,
That is just a sign of old age :costumes:. *I speak from experience*

Secondly, what the :censored: is simile? :isadizzy: :costumes::costumes:

Ray

simkid22
November 19th, 2008, 22:45
its related to methaphors

jmig
November 20th, 2008, 03:15
its related to methaphors

Metaphors, is that some sort of chemical? ;)

Snuffy
November 20th, 2008, 03:54
Similes .. it means Fake, or rather, Sort of Fake ... Like a lot of people out there with facsimiles of parts of their anatomy. You know the type ... Just look real hard at the next set of Panzers you post ... :d :d

jmig
November 20th, 2008, 03:59
Similes .. it means Fake, or rather, Sort of Fake ... Like a lot of people out there with facsimiles of parts of their anatomy. You know the type ... Just look real hard at the next set of Panzers you post ... :d :d

Yes, most smiles are fake too. :d

GT182
November 20th, 2008, 04:52
Simile: a figure of speech comparing two unlike things that is often introduced by like or as

Metaphor: a figure of speech in which a word or phrase literally denoting one kind of object or idea is used in place of another to suggest a likeness or analogy between them (as in drowning in money) ; broadly : figurative language — compare simile

P, he probably can spell better too. ;) Don't feel bad, I imagine he can spell better than me too. I'm always using Spell Check as CRS seems to always kick in. Plus I need merriam-webster to remember what I'm trying to spell means. It all boils down to a sign of old age.... as I said don't feel bad. :costumes:

cheezyflier
November 20th, 2008, 05:39
oh, you think you have it tough now? wait till you see the way kids do math now! it's a whole 'nother deal! they take a completely different route to get the same answer. i don't understand it at all. :isadizzy:

GT182
November 20th, 2008, 09:12
oh, you think you have it tough now? wait till you see the way kids do math now! it's a whole 'nother deal! they take a completely different route to get the same answer. i don't understand it at all. :isadizzy:

Cheezy, it's called a calculator. :costumes:

Toastmaker
November 20th, 2008, 10:18
Cheezy, it's called a calculator. :costumes:

:costumes::applause::costumes: he got you, Cheeze !!

cheezyflier
November 20th, 2008, 11:53
:costumes::applause::costumes: he got you, Cheeze !!

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/cheezyridr/gotcha.jpg