PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite place to fly in FSX?

Jim Brown
August 17th, 2010, 11:34
I'm looking for some new interesting places to fly, not because of mesh bugs, but places that simply look really good. What's your favorite region and/or airport?

jankees
August 17th, 2010, 11:39
anywhere in the FTX world, with Hervey Bay, Tamworth and Israel's Farm the current favorites..

NoNewMessages
August 17th, 2010, 12:14
... not because of mesh bugs, ...

Mesh bugs??

Most anywhere that has had some type of enhancement / correction that brings the experience up a notch or two. I'm (patiently?) waiting for the North Carolina airport package to be completed;

http://flyfscarolina.com/default.aspx

Couple that with the hi-res mesh and accurate airport location that I have and UTX and it will make for a (many!) pleasant flight.

AndyE1976
August 17th, 2010, 14:01
I tend to do most of my flying over the UK, with Horizon VFR + airfields vol 1 & 2 and London X. It's just a short hop to Holland and NL2000V4 and the AirHispania Spanish scenery.

I also like taking the Aerosoft F16 up over California though, I have the megascenery photoscenery for that state, which gives a great sense of height.

I have FTX OZ, which I enjoy flying in, but doesn't get used as much as it should do.

I'm looking forward to beefing up my PC next year so I can take advantage of some of the really great scenery offerings from FTX and Aerosoft. Next purchase will be more Horizon VFR though to complete the UK.

peter12213
August 17th, 2010, 14:09
Swiss Pro X cannot be beaten in my opinion!

Bushpounder
August 17th, 2010, 14:27
Alaska! And Canada, NW United States, Germany.

Don

MudMarine
August 17th, 2010, 14:36
The "Slot" South Pacific!

HighGround22
August 17th, 2010, 14:58
Well, like a lot of us, since Orbx's wonderful releases, I do most of my flying around Oz and PNW.

But every so often -- quite often, in fact -- I flash-up Aerosoft's marvelous "Tahiti X" scenery and fly aound the islands of French Polynesia. Especially during winter, here in Canada; I need that nice, change of scenery, balmy breezes, foamy surf and white sands. Excellent flying, too!

warchild
August 17th, 2010, 15:17
Anywhere with mountains and valleys

CG_1976
August 17th, 2010, 15:26
Anywhere with Ice and Snow and cold temps. But I will sneak off to Cuba every so often.

vora
August 17th, 2010, 23:10
Anywhere without Ice and Snow and cold temps. It's such a cold and rainy august here in southern Krautland that I find myself flying in FTX's Oz permanently. Mostly around Aeropelican or Hervey Bay.

Bjoern
August 18th, 2010, 09:54
It's such a cold and rainy august here in southern Krautland

Yeah. Sad to see the "World Cup summer" already being over. :(

Paul K
August 18th, 2010, 11:42
At the moment I'm 'developing' the Papua New Guinea region, using Thomas Trewin's freeware 5-part 'Oceania' mesh, which covers Australia, New Zealand (including Auckland Islands & Macquarie Island), PNG/Irian Jaya, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Micronesia, Solomon Islands, New Caledonia, Vanuatu, Fiji Islands and all other Pacific Islands ( except Hawaii).

On top of that, I've laid Scenery Tech's Indo-Pacific landclass which came in at a reasonable 12.49 Euro.

Its proving a fascinating region to explore.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m115/Geomitrak/Gooose01.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m115/Geomitrak/Goose02.jpg

Dexdoggy
August 18th, 2010, 17:22
I must admit that FTX rules my flying areas too!

FTX AU (Australia) favs - Flying around YCNK Cessnock area, also up near Fraser Island and Hervey Bay, and in the Kimberly area. So many pay and freeware airfields too, a lifetime of simming exploration!

FTX PNW - especially Vancouver Island area

I also find the beautiful Tongass Fjiords add-on one of the most complete and comprehensive little packages one could hope to find and fly in!

Sundog
August 18th, 2010, 17:49
Well, I can't afford FTX atm, so the I've ended up flying around the Netherlands a lot, as a result of the awesome freeware FSX version and I've been flying around France quite a bit, because I was able to patch over my VFR France sceneries from FS9, so the Pyrenees and Southern Alps look awesome, along with Corsica. Plus, you can fly from Corsica to the freeware Tuscany region from FTX/Orbx.

I've also been flying the Slot lately, thanks to RW66's Solomon release. Basically, anywhere I have good add on scenery I fly. Although I have some polar bomber training flights to make, I just haven't gotten around to them yet. ;)

heywooood
August 18th, 2010, 18:11
you can fly over FTX freeware Tasmania and PNW

you can search Holger Sandmann and find beeautiful desert photoreal textures and terrain mesh for the southwestern US desert and Grand Canyon

I fly over default Kors Orcas and Friday Harbor region when I want max nice-itude and FPS...it can look quite real with REX, FSWaterconfigurator and GEX updated terrain textures installed - quite real

Cactuskid
August 18th, 2010, 19:21
My favorites are FTX Australia and PNW. I do a lot of bush flying in Alaska using UTXAK, and lately I've been enjoying PWS sceneries Caribbean scenery packages, which are quite nice for freeware.

Naki
August 18th, 2010, 19:24
Orbx PNW and New Zealand (waiting for VLC though)

Sundog
August 19th, 2010, 07:59
you can fly over FTX freeware Tasmania and PNW

you can search Holger Sandmann and find beeautiful desert photoreal textures and terrain mesh for the southwestern US desert and Grand Canyon

Now that you mention it, I have those as well and they are some key places I fly. It's just that once I had the Netherlands installed, I added in my VFR France scenery's and have been stuck over in Europe. ;)

I'm glad you reminded me about them as I'll have to do some test flying out of China Lake NAS in the F-35 and up through the valleys there. It's a great area for NOE flight. :)

SeanTK
August 19th, 2010, 08:28
In FS2004:

New Zealand exclusively.

In FSX:
Canada or Norway. Once VLC is released, I'll be back to New Zealand though!

http://www.vectorlandclass.co.nz/