From Rob Richardson - FSX available at www.classicbritishfiles.com
By the way we would prefer you DONT link directly to the file thanks

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/dispatchdragon/img_1873_01.jpg

peter12213
August 17th, 2010, 11:00
FABULOUS!!!

Cirrus N210MS
August 17th, 2010, 11:04
very very nice I Like This airplane would be sweet if he could do some spitfires :salute:

IanP
August 17th, 2010, 11:05
Unfortunately I'm unable to get more than 144kb of it before the file announces "finished!", so I'm going to have to wait for this one.

Will spend the time working out somewhere the things flew from, if I can. ;)

Ian P.

Cirrus N210MS
August 17th, 2010, 11:08
i am downloading second try

hope this works this time

if you need any mirror downloads just ask ill be backing this up onto my 4shared data base like normal after its installed for safe keeping :salute:

raptor19
August 17th, 2010, 11:22
First class, beautiful aircraft, off to find it now. Thanks to Rob for all his efforts and thanks too for the HU. Son of Mossie is a beauty! :ernae:

Regards,

John N

kilo delta
August 17th, 2010, 11:25
Unfortunately I'm unable to get more than 144kb of it before the file announces "finished!", so I'm going to have to wait for this one.

Will spend the time working out somewhere the things flew from, if I can. ;)

Ian P.

I'm having the same issues...tried a few times and the furthest I got to was 35MB out of the 39MB+. Maybe the site is taking a hammering at the moment...I'll try again later. :)

Edit: Just managed to d/l the complete file....I'll urge perseverance in order to get this wonderful aircraft. :)

Cirrus N210MS
August 17th, 2010, 11:46
here is my share of the day that other website i keep geting bad downloads its a pain here is my mirror download for you fellows

http://www.4shared.com/file/KtB6Pte1/Robert_Richardson_DeHavilland_.html

eNjoy

IanP
August 17th, 2010, 11:55
Well, researching bases didn't take long... The Hornet F.3 served with a total of seven squadrons at a massive five stations:

Nos. 19, 33, 41, 45, 64, 65 and 80 Squadrons which, between them, were based at:

Church Fenton
Tengah
Acklington
Linton-on-Ouse
Kai-Tak

Well, Tengah and Kai-Tak are out. Not a hope. Linton and Church Fenton are both still in use, so I'd prefer not to do those... I guess I'd better investigate Acklington, hadn't I?

Ian P.

Tako_Kichi
August 17th, 2010, 14:17
I've got at least three upcoming repaints for her too and the first is almost complete bar the alpha channels (plus I'm creating a Photoshop paintkit if anyone wants it once I have everything sorted out).

Ferry_vO
August 17th, 2010, 15:15
Good stuff! :ernae:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsscr218.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsscr221.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsscr226.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsscr227.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsscr228.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsscr230.jpg

:applause:

deathfromafar
August 17th, 2010, 16:21
Same here, only getting 20mb or so out of the download before it finishes.

Cirrus N210MS
August 17th, 2010, 16:28
well you could use the link i put in its on a fast connection :salute:

deathfromafar
August 17th, 2010, 16:33
well you could use the link i put in its on a fast connection :salute:

Cirrus, I sure did and thanks for placing the link here!:salute:

Cirrus N210MS
August 17th, 2010, 16:39
yep the other website just cant take the connections lol everytime i download from them takes 2 trys:jump:

deathfromafar
August 17th, 2010, 16:42
I was up to my 5th or 6th try, finally gave up until I saw your link.

BTW, thanks for the updated 737 work. Very nice stuff to spruce up FSX with! I added the Honeywell FMC to it and am loving life now!

Cirrus N210MS
August 17th, 2010, 16:55
yep your welcome happy to help

dvj
August 17th, 2010, 18:13
downloaded just fine. but I get a zip file error: Can not open file. DeHavilland+Hornet+F+Mk=3.zip as archive. Something I need to change here with the file?

Tako_Kichi
August 17th, 2010, 18:48
Here's the first of my repaints, PX293 of 19 Sqn Church Fenton from 1951-52.

I will get it packaged up and uploaded to both here and 'Classic British Files' tomorrow.

Next up are PX314 of 41 Sqn from 1949-50 and WF961 of 45 Sqn Seletar, Singapore from May 1955.

RyDraiggoch
August 17th, 2010, 18:59
This is an open post to those who have experienced problems downloading from Classic British Files, Ive spent most of the day talking to the Cox cable folks here in Las Vegas and - having wireless at 22mbps I have NEVER seen any problems downloading (In fact as an experiment I downloaded ALL of Robs Models in series) -- So I messed around with my wireless network and with a little help from the Cox Folks got the download rate down to 10Mbps - still no problems down loading- no corrupt files.....so finally I got them to slow my rate to 3mbps --- and guess what? Yep the file fails to complete.....so before the good folks here at SOH (and other forums) start bad mouthing CBFiles....I would suggest seriously you check your download rate - the problems are NOT at our end of the line they are at yours.

Thanks

Leif
Senior Administrator
www.classicbritishfiles.com

If anyone is interested we will also be changing our name in the near future so to avoid confusion with that fine forum Classic British Flight Sim .org

rohan
August 17th, 2010, 21:08
- the problems are NOT at our end of the line they are at yours.
Leif
Senior Administrator
www.classicbritishfiles.com (http://www.classicbritishfiles.com)

Leif,
I sympathise with your problems when people complain about not beng able to download your files on other peoples' websites, but, at the end of the day, when we cannot successfully download your files they are your problems. For example, if what you say is true, then just what do you expect us to do about improving the data rate "at our end" when we are at the whim and mercy of our individual ISPs ?

FWIW, it's my belief that these problems are caused by the way that those ISPs have implemented the various Internet protocols (such as http). I say this as a result of having tried just about every Mobile Broadband supplier here in the UK last summer, during which I found that my ability to download files from FlightSim varied tremendously from "not at all" to "always" including "sometimes" - all without changing a single thing "at my end". The "sometimes" result gave me exactly the same situation as we have here - frequently the download completed prematurely (and in a rush) in a WinZip file that would not open, but occasionally the download did finish OK. The ISP with whom I got this result had a customer forum which was littered with complaints about the problem, yet, despite their own technical people saying that they understood the cause, the ISP refused to comment officially or do anything about it.

Also, FWIW, I thought that part of the fix that you applied earlier this year "at your end" was the system by which you count the number of downloads and show that at the top of the download page for each file. Those counts are broken, as I just found when I tried to download the file at least 6 times and got this at the top of the page -
"You have downloaded this file 0 times in the last 24 hours, limit is 0.
Your file downloads total 2 in the last 24 hours, limit is 0. "

If the counts are broken, perhaps another part of that fix is also broken ...
Regards,
Ro

Stickshaker
August 18th, 2010, 01:16
Cirrus, thank you for the download link. It worked fine.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Leif, I don’t know what or where the problem is with downloading from your site, but I can say that I never have the problem of zipfiles having no archive with any other site. Be they freeware or payware simulator sites of other software sites, I simply never have this problem. And if I have problems like a broken link, a second download attempt solves them, while I tried downloading the Mk.III at least six times with no luck. I do believe that there is nothing ‘formally’ wrong with your site, but somehow the interface with hardware or software the community uses gives problems. I am not saying that it is your fault, it is just an observation. Thanks to Cirrus we now have at least a short-term solution.<o:p></o:p>

mikezola
August 18th, 2010, 07:17
I wish I could say what I was doing right, but I haven't had any problem whatsoever with downloading any of the Hornets or any other files from Classic British Files. I doubt that my using Firefox as my browser makes any difference.
My sincere compliments to all involved for creating a beautiful set of aircraft! -Mike Z.

modelr
August 18th, 2010, 10:06
I just finished downloading the Hornet, and some other files, and only had to redo one, which is one that I had to take a little time looking for the folder I wanted to save it to. However, when I try to download during the first few hours of a major new release, I do have to redownload occasionally. This also happens to me at other sites, including here at SoH during a new release of a much wanted file. I have a 10MB DSL connection, so I wonder if it's just from the number of simultanious downloads of a single file. I've found that if I keep having trouble with one file, I can go download others that I don't have yet, with no trouble, then come back to the one I want in particular later, and get it with no problem.

I haven't loaded the new Hornets, yet, but am looking forward to flying them, soon. :jump:

Cirrus N210MS
August 18th, 2010, 10:14
its pretty quick plane :salute:

DaveWG
August 18th, 2010, 11:33
This is an open post to those who have experienced problems downloading from Classic British Files, Ive spent most of the day talking to the Cox cable folks here in Las Vegas and - having wireless at 22mbps I have NEVER seen any problems downloading (In fact as an experiment I downloaded ALL of Robs Models in series) -- So I messed around with my wireless network and with a little help from the Cox Folks got the download rate down to 10Mbps - still no problems down loading- no corrupt files.....so finally I got them to slow my rate to 3mbps --- and guess what? Yep the file fails to complete.....so before the good folks here at SOH (and other forums) start bad mouthing CBFiles....I would suggest seriously you check your download rate - the problems are NOT at our end of the line they are at yours.

Thanks

Leif
Senior Administrator
www.classicbritishfiles.com (http://www.classicbritishfiles.com)

If anyone is interested we will also be changing our name in the near future so to avoid confusion with that fine forum Classic British Flight Sim .org

Well excuse me for not having a fast enough 'net connection. There's not much I can do about that except move house.:banghead:

If people who have trouble with downloads from CBFiles do not have the same issue elsewhere surely that points the finger at your ISP.

peter12213
August 18th, 2010, 12:12
I've never had a problem with CBF Downloads always fast and without hassle!

IanP
August 18th, 2010, 13:15
I got them fine from the CBF site this evening, even without getright. I think it was just internet routing, traffic and the fact that a lot of people were after the same files at the same time.

Now I just need to get them installed. :)

Ian P.

deathfromafar
August 18th, 2010, 14:06
Yes, my ISP's download speed is excellent and rarely do I have a problem from CBFiles. No trashing at all but something is going on between there and some of us that is causing the problem. IanP probably hit the nail on the head it is likely routing issues of net traffic. Happens all the time.

Cirrus N210MS
August 18th, 2010, 14:22
Link i posted is offline now :salute:

enjoy the plane i sure am

Tako_Kichi
August 19th, 2010, 08:26
My first repaint has now been uploaded here and at Classic British Files.

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af305/Tako_Kichi/PX293_3.jpg
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af305/Tako_Kichi/PX293_2.jpg

Enjoy. :ernae:

EDIT: A problem has been noticed with a texture in the pack. If you download it follow the install instructions and then go to your 'FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\DeHavilland Hornet F Mk 3\texture.PX293' folder and delete the 'main_bump.dds' texture which will allow FSX to revert back to the default file in the aircraft's 'texture' folder. Sorry for the issue.

Tako_Kichi
August 21st, 2010, 09:28
I just uploaded two new camo repaints to the library here and to Classic British Files.

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af305/Tako_Kichi/PX314_1.jpg
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af305/Tako_Kichi/PX314_2.jpg
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af305/Tako_Kichi/WF961_3.jpg
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af305/Tako_Kichi/WF961_2.jpg

Enjoy! :ernae:

warchild
August 21st, 2010, 15:35
you know.. I really wish some of you entrepreneurial types would get together and built replica's of this for the GA public..

TeaSea
August 21st, 2010, 16:08
First off, wonderful aircraft....

Secondly, I was reading some of the frustrations with the download and would like to comment. I'm an IT professional who runs a worldwide enterprise network. I know that most people tend to think as the "Internet" as some sort of wide open, interconnected network which allows free and easy passage.

The truth however is that it is actually a series of networks and sub-networks which are interconnected, often through some pretty thin connections.

It's pretty standard to observe excellent speeds locally, and even beyond the local network, and yet still encounter tough downloads. This can occur due to a variety of reasons including latency, mis-configured routers, bottlenecks, governmental policies, commercial policies, network defense policies, weather, and a plethora of environmental impacts from local sources well beyond our control. Quite frankly, it is what it is.

Therefore, I would not waste much time worrying about it. As was pointed out, mirrored sites exists to step around these issues (but even they are no guarantee). While I can appreciate the frustration encountered with what are seemingly simple attempts at downloads, I would not vent that frustration on other members of the community here beyond a simple "can you check this for me".....

Even as you ask I would advise you of what has become a staple rule of survival for my profession.....

The problem is always at the distant end.:jump:

P.S. I also had to make several attempts before receiving a non-corrupted file.

Tako_Kichi
August 21st, 2010, 16:11
you know.. I really wish some of you entrepreneurial types would get together and built replica's of this for the GA public..
Unfortunately only one ever found it's way into private hands and that went to a company in Canada and it was scrapped after it had an engine failure. All other Hornets/Sea Hornets were scrapped at the end of their armed service life. Many stationed in the far east were simply burnt to a crisp after anything useful (engines, props, guns etc.) had been salvaged from them. :angryfir: :crybaby:

However, if you had something in mind Pam I would be more than happy to make you a personal repaint as I am the only person with a paintkit for her at the moment. :icon_twi:

hairyspin
August 21st, 2010, 17:35
Well, I just looked in to see if the F.20 was out and presto, there's an F.3 as well! :jump: Thank you very much! :wavey:

(no problems downloading either)

RyDraiggoch
August 21st, 2010, 19:54
Thank you TeaSea

Classic British Files is a little of an international oddity in as much as it runs off an American servor by mostly Brits ex-pat and otherwise.and its been frustrating for the Admin staff there, we try very hard to provide a good service, its all done for free and there is a band of talented of FS types who have turned out some models that might never have been available anywhere else, So if I come off a little harsh at times it more about frustration than anything else. We have managed to put together a fairly extensive library of things British and Flying, yet people read the "I cant download at your site" posts here and elsewhere , and all our efforts have gone for nought, because the internet being what it is, i.e, a HUGE rumor control service, very soon no one visits and downloads the jewels stored there. THATS why I am defensive. In the case of Rob Richardsons models they are "large" (by FS standards) files and therefore a little more effort and perserverance may be needed to download them, In all most
ALL cases with his models One of the Admin staff at "The Pond" - (yes that IS how we refer to ourselves.. due entirely to the fact that the gentlemen who set up the website uses the name "The Happy Otter"). has set up a large file download in the forum there for those who are unable to download after repeated attempts. We have asked in the past the folks direct link to files on the website, because that slows the system down and again, people trying to download from the library there lose the file or short load it. (hence the "Hey Your giving us corrupt files"). SO that being said have patience with us. It takes a little digging to get diamonds. We have them and will continue to add to them as we can.. Meanwhile our gracious host, The Otter is busy upgrading the site and trying to give the best we can.

Sorry to be so long winded but the whole thing has gotten old, and causes nothing but animosity and anger.

Cheers

Leif
(one of the Otter's little band of workers)
and NO! we get nothing out of it, save the satisfaction of seeing great British aircraft fly again if only virtually.

Cirrus N210MS
August 22nd, 2010, 13:10
we hade a second link for a while though was asked to remove it from post here

if you need help send me a pm ill send u a Link in a pVT message if you cant download this aircraft i have Both of the hornets on my backup file storage account :salute:

warchild
August 22nd, 2010, 13:18
Unfortunately only one ever found it's way into private hands and that went to a company in Canada and it was scrapped after it had an engine failure. All other Hornets/Sea Hornets were scrapped at the end of their armed service life. Many stationed in the far east were simply burnt to a crisp after anything useful (engines, props, guns etc.) had been salvaged from them. :angryfir: :crybaby:

However, if you had something in mind Pam I would be more than happy to make you a personal repaint as I am the only person with a paintkit for her at the moment. :icon_twi:

:::LOL:: Thank you, I would love a personal paint..
Sad about all of them being gone really.. i know the plans for her exist, but i've also seen pictures of one of the government archives ( of several ) they have in Britain, and a person could grow real old looking for something in there and never find it.. :;sigh:;

let me play with some color combinations and see if something works that i like a lot :) :) ..

warchild
August 22nd, 2010, 13:21
(yes that IS how we refer to ourselves.. due entirely to the fact that the gentlemen who set up the website uses the name "The Happy Otter")

Leif
(one of the Otter's little band of workers)
and NO! we get nothing out of it, save the satisfaction of seeing great British aircraft fly again if only virtually.

heheh.. i love wonderful names like that. i used to use "Samurai Hamster" for a long time..

RyDraiggoch
August 22nd, 2010, 15:29
Not gone totally Warchild -- there is a group who are restoring bits and pieces very slowly...and every so often there are rumors that Spartan Aero's Sea Hornet CF-GUO still exsists in large chunks somewhere in Canada.

http://www.dhhornet50.net/index.php?f=data_home&a=1

leif

Tako_Kichi
August 22nd, 2010, 16:01
Now we just need the rest of the airframe to attach to that cockpit.

Anybody want to donate some spare plywood and balsa? :icon_lol:

hairyspin
December 12th, 2010, 13:10
I've just reloaded FSX and Acceleration and thought it time I took the F3 for a flip. Sorry chaps, but has anyone else noticed the props turn the wrong way? Port prop turned anticlockwise, starboard turned clockwise looking from the front on the real aircraft - the model has them going the other way. The blades should be falling in front of the nose.

Sorry... :redface:

SkippyBing
December 12th, 2010, 14:45
I really wish some of you entrepreneurial types would get together and built replica's of this for the GA public..

I often think that about the Hornet and the Mosquito, I mean it's just some plywood and there are plenty of Merlin engines around. Seriously if I win the lottery...

Daveroo
December 12th, 2010, 15:08
i never have been able to find this plane...agravates me and yes im a memeber or have a member name and password to classic british files

Tako_Kichi
December 12th, 2010, 18:26
i never have been able to find this plane...agravates me and yes im a memeber or have a member name and password to classic british files
Just do a search for 'Hornet' in the files area and several variants will pop up.

hairyspin
December 13th, 2010, 13:04
Go to the site www.classicbritishfiles.com (http://www.classicbritishfiles.com)
From the home page click on File Library
Then click on Aircraft - Military
Models are listed alphabetically. The F.3 is on page 5 at present, as are the F Mk.20 and Mk 1, the Sea Hornet NF21 is on page 13
Hope this helps. :wavey:

hairyspin
December 14th, 2010, 12:26
... has anyone else noticed the props turn the wrong way? Port prop turned anticlockwise, starboard turned clockwise looking from the front on the real aircraft - the model has them going the other way....

Pay no attention to this old fool in the corner, :blind: it's the Stagecoach effect. In an external view, blip the throttles and the props appear to reverse their rotation. QED.

Now back to flying her...! :jump: