PDA

View Full Version : Well......today is the day

hews500d
August 17th, 2010, 04:46
Well guys (and gals) today is surgery day. I want to thank everyone for your prayers over the past couple weeks, please continue to keep me in your thoughts and prayers today. Hopefully it'll be a simple procedure and i will be back home tonight, or tomorrow sometime at the latest.

I'll keep everyone posted how it went.

Darrell

kilo delta
August 17th, 2010, 04:50
Good luck,Darrell......my thoughts are with you today. I'm sure everything will work out fine. :)

safn1949
August 17th, 2010, 05:46
Good luck man,I hope your stomach fares better with anesthesia then mine did in June...yuck.I will keep you in my prayers.:jump:

mike_cyul
August 17th, 2010, 06:29
Best wishes! Hope you're back on your feet soon.

Mike

Snuffy
August 17th, 2010, 07:52
Petitions ascending for your safe delivery and return. :engel016:

Daveroo
August 17th, 2010, 07:59
hope all went well...as im sure youll not see this until after...get well soon

hews500d
August 17th, 2010, 18:37
Hey all, rather than start a new thread, I'll post in this one. Surgery went well, the Dr. is pretty happy with the way it turned out. I go back Friday to get the cath out and then hopefully get on the road to a full recovery.

I was pretty much "high as a kite" for a few minutes (they did a spinal and I THOUGHT I was going to be awake for the thing, but somewhere along the way I started sleeping like a baby and didn't wake up till I was in the recovery room. Last thing I remember was the anesthesiologist asking me what kind of music I wanted to listen to (he chose Godsmack for some reason) and then I was out !!! No recollection of anything LOL.. They definitely have some good stuff in there!

They were all super cool people, but nevertheless I'm glad it's over :jump:

Thank you everyone for your prayers and good thoughts, I'm proud to be a member of such a great place as the 'Outhouse.

Darrell

Willy
August 17th, 2010, 18:40
Sorry I missed this earlier. Been a trying day around here. But I'm glad you came through alright.

hews500d
August 17th, 2010, 19:50
Sorry I missed this earlier. Been a trying day around here. But I'm glad you came through alright.

Thank you Willy! I'm under the influence of Lortab right now, but yeah..it's all good hehehehehe.

Darrell

Lionheart
August 17th, 2010, 22:01
Glad you are out Darrell and not feeling any pain.

Heal up and get better.

:salute:

Bill

TARPSBird
August 17th, 2010, 22:59
Darrell, good to hear that everything went well. Best wishes for a full recovery. :)

sky pilot
August 18th, 2010, 00:10
:jump:
Hey all, rather than start a new thread, I'll post in this one. Surgery went well, the Dr. is pretty happy with the way it turned out. I go back Friday to get the cath out and then hopefully get on the road to a full recovery.

I was pretty much "high as a kite" for a few minutes (they did a spinal and I THOUGHT I was going to be awake for the thing, but somewhere along the way I started sleeping like a baby and didn't wake up till I was in the recovery room. Last thing I remember was the anesthesiologist asking me what kind of music I wanted to listen to (he chose Godsmack for some reason) and then I was out !!! No recollection of anything LOL.. They definitely have some good stuff in there!

They were all super cool people, but nevertheless I'm glad it's over :jump:

Thank you everyone for your prayers and good thoughts, I'm proud to be a member of such a great place as the 'Outhouse.

Darrell:jump:glad to hear that all is well guy !
sky pilot

demorier
August 18th, 2010, 00:13
He's definitely flying high as a kite....good to hear, wish I was to.:wavey:

TomSteber
August 18th, 2010, 01:54
Great to hear Darrell. Prayers answered.

hews500d
August 18th, 2010, 06:12
Great to hear Darrell. Prayers answered.

Thanks all! Tom, I still have to pass the "Pee test" on Friday to make sure I can still go on my own, but I do hope and pray everything still turns out ok !

Darrell

TomSteber
August 18th, 2010, 06:22
Thanks all! Tom, I still have to pass the "Pee test" on Friday to make sure I can still go on my own, but I do hope and pray everything still turns out ok !

Darrell

Darrell, if you have a catheter in, I HIGHLY recomend lying down when they remove it. I had it done standing up even though they told me to lay down. I thought standing would feel better.
:isadizzy:
Good luck...it's over in a couple seconds.

Tom

hews500d
August 18th, 2010, 10:40
Darrell, if you have a catheter in, I HIGHLY recomend lying down when they remove it. I had it done standing up even though they told me to lay down. I thought standing would feel better.
:isadizzy:
Good luck...it's over in a couple seconds.

Tom

I dread having that thing removed. It looks like it's about the size of a small garden hose :icon_lol:

Darrell

TomSteber
August 19th, 2010, 04:32
I won't lie to ya Darrell, it's not a lot of fun. But it is over really quick.