PDA

View Full Version : Any good AFB scenery available?

Montie
August 16th, 2010, 11:23
Hi,

I have been looking for some AFB scenery for some time now, mostly American... I can not find any, I have Edwards from Acc. of course. Does anybody have any recommendations?

JimC1702
August 16th, 2010, 11:28
I've done the majority of AF bases in the US, along with many Naval Air Stations and Marine Corp. Air Stations. They are made with stock FSX objects. no custom objects, but they are far better than default. Also they have parking for military traffic. Just search the Avsim Library using my name "Jim Cook", they should all come up. I've also done many regional airports that have Air Natiional Guard bases on premise.

Jim

falcon409
August 16th, 2010, 11:43
I've done the majority of AF bases in the US, along with many Naval Air Stations and Marine Corp. Air Stations. They are made with stock FSX objects. no custom objects, but they are far better than default. Also they have parking for military traffic. Just search the Avsim Library using my name "Jim Cook", they should all come up. I've also done many regional airports that have Air Natiional Guard bases on premise.

Jim
Seen that name before, but never made the connection and have never downloaded your scenery. . .that is about to change. I'd like to do some XCountry flying from base to base and having your enhancements to fly to will make it that much more enjoyable. Thanks for the HU Jim and thanks Montie for posing the question.:salute:

mal998
August 16th, 2010, 11:50
I never had an opportunity to say "Thanks" Jim for all your great scenery, so here goes, Thanks for all your great scenery!

That thanks also goes to jdhaenens for all the scenery he's produced.

falcon409
August 16th, 2010, 12:00
23 new Bases to load and enjoy. That should keep me busy for awhile, lol.:salute:

mal998
August 16th, 2010, 12:13
23 new Bases to load and enjoy. That should keep me busy for awhile, lol.:salute:

Hook those up with some of MAIW's old AI and traffic files and you'll have evn more to keep you busy...good stuff.

Lenny
August 16th, 2010, 12:27
@ Falcon409 : what is the status of your Spangdahlem scenery?

Just asking :wavey:

grtz...

JimC1702
August 16th, 2010, 12:34
Many of these files were corrupted during the Avsim hack. I re-uploaded everything they requested, but if you happen to run into any that are corrupted, send me a PM or email and I'll send them to you.

I use both Just Flight's Military Plus Packs and also some of the MAIW packages and get lots of military traffic.

Jim

falcon409
August 16th, 2010, 13:10
@ Falcon409 : what is the status of your Spangdahlem scenery?
Just asking :wavey:
grtz...
Never released. . .long story, just suffice to say I'm not in the scenery business anymore.:salute:

Gibbage
August 16th, 2010, 13:58
I wonder if there is a good free Edwards AFB, the holyland of aircraft?

Montie
August 16th, 2010, 14:04
Thanks Jim :salute:

starlifter
August 16th, 2010, 14:10
Try http://www.things-to-come.com/downloads/

There is a TTC KickPak Edwards scenery that I think is pretty good.

Montie
August 16th, 2010, 14:20
Try http://www.things-to-come.com/downloads/

There is a TTC KickPak Edwards scenery that I think is pretty good.

Yes I have that as well, but when I apply the KickPak texture pack, the Edwards AFB runways and taxi ways does not line up the ground textures...

Bone
August 16th, 2010, 16:58
Never released. . .long story, just suffice to say I'm not in the scenery business anymore.:salute:

I tell ya Ed, the way this went down still ticks me off.

Railrunner130
August 16th, 2010, 17:39

That's a cryin shame. I enjoy all you and Jim Cook have produced. Many thanks to you both.

Back to topic- there are nice Griffis AFB and Plattsburg AFB scenery packages out there.

NoNewMessages
August 16th, 2010, 17:51
I have a pretty nice layout for Beale AFB and Hill AFB, if anyone (eD wELLS) wants to dress them up.:salute: