PDA

View Full Version : Open Apology to Toastmaker

txnetcop
August 16th, 2010, 04:44
Disclaimer: I was not disciplined nor was I told to do this by anyone. If I say something in here that offends you please read the whole content. I did not even discuss this action with other staff.

I spent time this morning going back over Toastmaker's posts in the past. I wanted to get an idea of what you are like Toastmaker. I found the accusation you made that someone on staff got their nose out of joint and dropped QMS off the forum roster highly offensive...which I reacted to. It was, in all fairness, a careless and unfair statement to make(as you later found out from Canelo Kid). I WILL SAY THAT I JUMPED THE GUN BECAUSE YOU HAVE AT TIMES MADE MANY STATEMENTS IN THE PAST THAT CAN BE TAKEN THE WRONG WAY, HOWEVER, IN LOOKING BACK OVER YOUR POSTS I FOUND IT TO BE YOUR TYPE OF HUMOR! I don't joke much and don't care for careless speech. But I could have questioned your statement in a way that would not force you to defend yourself and I was too angry to give a crap! I WAS WRONG! I deeply apologize for that! I ask for your forgiveness TOASTMAKER!

Folks, the staff in here has enough trouble trying to contain all the sparks that fly in all different directions. This is a tough job and what makes it doubly tough is malcontents at other sites who feel they were wronged spreading their special brand of poison to affect otherwise good members who are their friends. Folks when someone demonstrates they cannot follow the rules after being warned they will be leaving here, either for a short term of for life. In spite of the lies I read at QMS, everyone is warned...EVERYONE!!!!

There are other factors that make forum communication a bit tough when dealing with the written word as opposed to face to face communication. We can't see each others faces or hear inflection to see if another member is joking. We have to try to read between the lines and hope that is what is occurring when something inflammatory rises to the top. We also don't know each others personalities enough to tell if a member is phrasing something to do harm or just being insistent because they believe they have a better revelation of how things are based on their background and education on a subject. SO WE AS STAFF HAVE TO CHECK IT OUT! When a mod warns you it isn't because "he or she has their panties in a wad as a certain member suggested at QMS." A forest fire needs to be contained before it spreads. SOMETIMES GOOD MEMBERS HAVE JUST HAD A BAD DAY AND WANT TO LET EVERYONE TO KNOW IT! TELL US THAT IF A STATEMENT IS QUESTIONED. We are not mind-readers!

The other factor is testosterone. We are a majority of men and don't take kindly being told to behave, even though we may need to be reminded how to behave in a forum like this. Quite a few of us served in the military and while a certain amount of poking at each other is fine, in the service you learn to deal with the offender swiftly when they cross the line. We are built like that like guys. So you see this is really is a tough call when someone approaches THE LINE or steps across it. We have to have rules or anarchy would rule. In the ARMED SERVICES we just put on gloves and went at it. I wish we could do that here, but since that is impossible, we have to find some way to control our basic instincts.

This is a family forum and we have young people in here guys who watch us and how we conduct ourselves. There are ladies in here who love the hobby, including my wife. If you want to get rougher with your language go to another part of the forum where you can. If you decide you want to fight go to another forum altogether...yes I said it again...go somewhere else!

You may not believe it but every decision by staff is talked about behind the scenes. We are not here to make your life miserable when you have had a bad day and decide to take it out on someone else, but we are here to keep things civil so that other members are not offended. Others see a fight and join in the fracas and we end up with a free-for-all. It is more restrictive here than any other forum because WE ARE A FAMILY FORUM! It has to be that way. You have some of the best mods in here compared to anywhere...Everything is discussed behind the scenes when dealing with the unruly. We are not BAN HAPPY! We need contributing members and we do what we can to keep everybody safe from attacks by others. IT IS NOT ALWAYS AN EASY CALL!

I hope this helps and does not divide us but instead unites us!
Ted

Toastmaker
August 16th, 2010, 05:50
I hope you don't find this to be a surprise, Ted, but I agree with all that you said (and frequently do agree with your positions). In retrospect, we appeared to be snapping at each other over a truly minor thing, and I too apologize for standing on your last nerve.

I have great affection for SOH, as I do QMS and am quick to defend it's makeup and policies. I am loyal to the site but prone to pop off bluntly and have a dry sense of humor that does not translate well into the written word - as you identified with regard to not being able to hear each other.

SOH is much, much bigger than the minor conflicts that come up occasionally. Message received and understood. Thanks for this chance to smooth ourselves out a bit -

:running:

Henry
August 16th, 2010, 05:59
a good start to a Monday!
thanks all
H:ernae:

txnetcop
August 16th, 2010, 06:15
I hope you don't find this to be a surprise, Ted, but I agree with all that you said (and frequently do agree with your positions). In retrospect, we appeared to be snapping at each other over a truly minor thing, and I too apologize for standing on your last nerve.

I have great affection for SOH, as I do QMS and am quick to defend it's makeup and policies. I am loyal to the site but prone to pop off bluntly and have a dry sense of humor that does not translate well into the written word - as you identified with regard to not being able to hear each other.

SOH is much, much bigger than the minor conflicts that come up occasionally. Message received and understood. Thanks for this chance to smooth ourselves out a bit -

Thank you for being so gracious Toastmaker!

Daveroo
August 16th, 2010, 07:03
imma join in on this too..i must appologise for my comments on the same set of threads...i got a bit riled and then made some stupid comments..but my comment still stands..you get to auburn...CALL ME... we go to lunch at wings at the airport,,then do some sim flyin.....:jump:

Toastmaker
August 16th, 2010, 07:43
That's a deal, Daveroo - and my cat's still bugging me to be introduced to yours. . .:icon_lol:

norab
August 16th, 2010, 09:46
happy to see this resolved with everyone behaving admirably. :salute::salute::salute: It's nice to have a sane and enjoyable place to hang out in an increasing insane world