PDA

View Full Version : RAZBAM A-4 Skyhawks for FSX development commences..

Prowler1111
August 15th, 2010, 14:09
Gents:
It´s time for my beloved A-4´s to be given the proper love they deserve into a completely new FSX native model plus our "busy cockpit" concept and all the new tech we showed in the A-7 package.
Pics will flow during this week, i´m very excited as they are my all time favorite aircraft
Best regards

Prowler

blazefox2
August 15th, 2010, 14:14
:jawdrop:THANK YOU RAZBAM!!!!
i have been wanting a FSX native scooter ever since i started playing!!!
i love you all!!! :salute::salute::salute:

Rattler
August 15th, 2010, 14:16
This will be a Great compliment to the A-7 ... This should be Good!!:salute::salute::salute:

peter12213
August 15th, 2010, 14:17
Fantastic news, finally a scooter and one to be proud of too!

VCN-1
August 15th, 2010, 14:47
That is outstanding news!

VCN-1

delta_lima
August 15th, 2010, 14:50
Hooray!

Please let there be a TA-4J somewhere in the mix ... :)

dl

Prowler1111
August 15th, 2010, 14:57
..but of course....

Prowler

MudMarine
August 15th, 2010, 15:06
A-4M?

Prowler1111
August 15th, 2010, 15:16
It´s a complete redo of the 4 volumes, which include all versions of the scooter ever produced.
It´s not the same mesh, it´s new meshes for each bird, plus new VC´s.We were waiting to get into the right direction with them and until the A-7 project i didnt feel i could do justice to them.Now i´m surrounded by new blood, great in each of their departments, which can take us to new levels.We might even think of a GA sometime, who knows.
At some point, all RAZBAM early projects will go thru an extensive remake.
Best regards

Prowler

strykerpsg
August 15th, 2010, 15:23
All we need now is a Vietnam era carrier and compliment....can you say Yankee Station and the latest Vietnam mod? Wow! Thanks Razbam team. I have been enjoying the A-7, though the engine flameouts are a bi**h getting used to and avoiding.

Matt

kilo delta
August 15th, 2010, 15:30
Awesome news!

Now all we need is someone to develop an native F-8 Crusader and an A-5/RA-5 Vigilante and we'll have a full carrier deck. :d

strykerpsg
August 15th, 2010, 15:32
Awesome news!

Now all we need is someone to develop an native F-8 Crusader and an A-5/RA-5 Vigilante and we'll have a full carrier deck. :d

I would love to see both of those in FSX. Don't forget, A2A has a Phantom coming out too, though not sure about the variants.

skyhawka4m
August 15th, 2010, 16:20
Just a couple suggestions...as my screenname implies I am a huge A-4 nut,. so....havin had you earlier Skyhawks in FS9 I am praying and hoping that the new ones will have more accurate shape, including the shape of the fuel tanks. Also, a more user friendly paint kit....like that of the A-7 which by the way is excellent.

All from a former member of Razbam just looking out and hoping for good things from Razbam./

tpet
August 15th, 2010, 18:21
First off, what a great job the crew did on the A-7. Now I would like to put my vote in for an A-4E in the stripped "Mongoose" configuration. As a” FLY NAVY” kind of guy, all I can say is I really look forward to all of your future projects. Again great job and thank you, I wish RAZBAM all the best in the future…
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Ian Warren
August 15th, 2010, 19:14
A4 s for everyone , all the variants included the RNZAF KAHU Project ? :salute:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

empeck
August 16th, 2010, 00:54
I need a second job...

vora
August 16th, 2010, 01:22
Great news, indeed. A scooter in the new RAZBAM standard is exactly what my carriers need :)

michael davies
August 16th, 2010, 02:03
Awesome news!

Both of those are very close to the top of the pile of ready to procede with projects along with the A-4.

I'll be honest, I've been holding off an A-4 because of the threat of Razbam re-doing theirs, the cancellation of the previous project put the A-4 right at the 'very' top.

It was not planned as a full suite like Rons, just one model, the E/F model to fit my needs. This thread is timely and allows that pile to be discarded and others investigated.

If the A-4 follows the A-7 format then it will be a worthy addition to the FS fleet :).

Kindest

Michael

expat
August 16th, 2010, 02:07
Glad to see RAZBAM thriving and plans for a new A-4, one of my very favorites. My two pennies: please revisit light mapping (my Scooters textures all "glow in the dark" oddly after sunset) and FDE issues - I know you had a real Skyhawk pilot beta test last time around but I at least find the pitch sensitivity and roll rate - despite that we know the bird IRL had an impressive one - to make her a bit more tricky to fly than one would have thought, e.g., based on real world pilot reports.

Just took a trip to the RAZBAM website. Slightly surprised with all the current activity to find the "news" not current and the forum not working. But that's not a criticism as scarce talent is best used getting planes modelled and relased! Well done guys.

expat

vora
August 16th, 2010, 02:20
... I'll be honest, I've been holding off an A-4 because of the threat of Razbam re-doing theirs, the cancellation of the previous project put the A-4 right at the 'very' top... It was not planned as a full suite like Rons, just one model, the E/F model to fit my needs. This thread is timely and allows that pile to be discarded and others investigated.

So is this list of possible planes from Aerosoft based on your available models? I was already wondering how they came up with that list since the first three entries are already on the market or are being worked on and the last two entries should be rather unknown to the "average" Aerosoft customers. ;)
So I suspect it makes no sense to propose other planes to them? I mean planes which aren't been worked on yet and still have some recognition value (e.g. some modern Russian jets or old Japanese props)?

expat
August 16th, 2010, 02:26
Now all we need is someone to develop an native F-8 Crusader and an A-5/RA-5 Vigilante

Oh yes!! A new RA-5C would be wonderful. I like the "old" Alphasim so much I fly her all the time in FSX. Looks, sounds and flies great, though it needs badly a modern VC. Looking forward to it! Crusader would be fine too, though as recent threads show it does port over to FSX without too many issues, so maybe an F-8 after the Viggie?

Regards,

expat

atf300
August 16th, 2010, 02:47
it would be nice if you could also do the A-4SU version , the Super skyhawk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ST_Aerospace_A-4SU_Super_Skyhawk

kilo delta
August 16th, 2010, 02:55
Both of those are very close to the top of the pile of ready to procede with projects along with the A-4.

Kindest

Michael

This sim just keeps getting better!

:salute:

michael davies
August 16th, 2010, 04:22
So is this list of possible planes from Aerosoft based on your available models? I was already wondering how they came up with that list since the first three entries are already on the market or are being worked on and the last two entries should be rather unknown to the "average" Aerosoft customers. ;)
So I suspect it makes no sense to propose other planes to them? I mean planes which aren't been worked on yet and still have some recognition value (e.g. some modern Russian jets or old Japanese props)?

Hmm difficult repose, how do you define what to do or not to do, worked on ?, until last night there was no official word on a reworked A-4 so fair to say up for grabs, that post preceded Rons announcement by several hours and in truth probably prompted this thread, if it hadn't then the A-4 would have been fair game don't you think ?. How long do you leave a model in situ before you consider a newer version, be it from the original developer or a new developer ?.

Duplication, does it matter ?, we have seen recently several posts saying more is better, if it had just been IRIS in the A-10 scene Aerosoft would not have yielded, one duplicate is acceptable in many books, but three ?, nope afraid not.

U-2 yes done elsewhere, but only the new version, not the original short span from the 60's, lets see if Aerosofts post pokes Area-51 into a repose.

F-5 yes done already but getting thin in the face these days, new modeling techniques, new tricks, does it have 3D gauges ?, etc etc, where do you draw the line at another revamp, hold on for a few more months and then have a situation like the A-10.

F-84, we'll see [wink] not main stream but historically, well it wouldn't be on the list if it wasn't considered viable, same for the A-37.

Popular, well if you pick popular subjects you end up treading on someones toes somewhere, if you pick out of the main stream your criticized for doing just that.

Duplication will always arise, in the end you give up walking around everyone else and just do what you feel is best and hope for the best.

The A-4 has always had the Razbam title close behind, its what they are famous for, I doubt anyone else will attempt an A-4 commercially for some considerable time, but as they say, they hung for technology to get better before they revamped, but much longer and some one would have grabbed the pot and ran with it.

The list isn't set in stone, but an indication of the genre being looked at.

Anyway these comments are probably better in the canceled A-10 thread so as to not divert from Rons A-4.

Kindest

Michael

kilo delta
August 16th, 2010, 04:36
In fairness to Razbam they'd stated on a number of occasions that they would be doing the Scooter in native fsx format. :)

There have been numerous threads here and I'm sure at other FS forums with simmer's wishlists. Why don't the developers note which is the most requested and therefore the most likely to be a financial success if they were to develop it? The Nemeth's do this afaik.

michael davies
August 16th, 2010, 04:48
In fairness to Razbam they'd stated on a number of occasions that they would be doing the Scooter in native fsx format. :)

There have been numerous threads here and I'm sure at other FS forums with simmer's wishlists. Why don't the developers note which is the most requested and therefore the most likely to be a financial success if they were to develop it? The Nemeth's do this afaik.

Yes they have and Aerosoft did the same with the A-10, didn't stop two other developers having a pot too. People will generally give good grace but after a certain amount of time will figure its not happening or happening soon and go for it themselves.

There are lots of threads announcing this and that, some arrive, many do not, example IRIS F-111 and BAe-146, yes there in works but for how long and how far down the list ?, Razbam has I'm sure such postings, Aerosoft do as well as does Milviz, Harrier and F-15, every one does it, it is noted but if nothing appears to be happening then everyone else seems to presume its open season again. How can they not, if they didnt then you'd be back to the baggsi's syndrome of the 90's and quenching of the competition.

Trust me, decisions by developers as to what to make next are not made over night, with developement time and model fidelity being expanded all the time its a measured and important decision.

Re your last comment, Aerosoft have done just that, I will reiterate that list in the other thread and thus move this conversation over there and apologize for the extended OT here :).

Kindest

Michael

Bone
August 16th, 2010, 05:51
Skyhawks would be welcome in my hangar.

vora
August 16th, 2010, 06:04
Ron, sorry for the hijack.. we are discussing in the proper thread now :costum:

Since this is about RAZBAM's birds is it OT if I ask you about the outcoming of the A-6 v.2 poll? I did vote (for yes) but didn't see a result. Is it on or off the table?
And how about the FSX Alizé, before or after the Scooter, or not anymore?
A-1 off the table after Tim's release (I almost guess so)?
I'm just asking because those planes are a must-have for me alongside the Scooter.

Regards,
Volker