PDA

View Full Version : Grim news for RIM (BlackBerry)

Cloud9Gal
August 15th, 2010, 12:46
I own one and I love it! I guess some International governments think that are not safe enough?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100815/ap_on_hi_te/tec_blackberry_crackdown_encryption

jmig
August 15th, 2010, 14:50
Actually the problem is they are too safe. The government agencies can't see what you text. They want to. They are afraid of terriost using them to communicate outside of the government reach.

Cloud9Gal
August 15th, 2010, 14:54
Actually the problem is they are too safe. The government agencies can't see what you text. They want to. They are afraid of terriost using them to communicate outside of the government reach.

You are correct John! They are not safe enough by being too safe.

Lionheart
August 15th, 2010, 16:13
Dont worry C9G. They did this to iPad in Israel as well...

arrgh.

Also, I heard that Arabia lifted the ban the other day via a deal with the makers of BlackBerry. They probably released the code data to the security departments of Saudi Arabia and they lifted the embargo.

Dangerousdave26
August 15th, 2010, 17:18
Devices and programs that can encrypt data are not allowed in some foreign countries

Bushpounder
August 15th, 2010, 17:19
I love my Blackberry! Can't live without it now!

Don

Cloud9Gal
August 15th, 2010, 17:20
I love my Blackberry! Can't live without it now!

Don

Same here Bushpounder! I'm a true "crackberry" user!

Lionheart
August 15th, 2010, 18:21
Every time I walk past the new BlackBerry display at Walmart, I slow down and study them. Since hearing all the stuff about how a certain someone high up loves his and is always using it, I have been interested in them.

So many people are Berry's.... Almost like the anti-iPhone people, lol... The Seinfeld 'opposite universe' phone.

:d

Chacha
August 15th, 2010, 18:37
Hannah has Blackberry.

I love it!
It is easier to scroll since it has a roller mouse, iPhone doesn't.
However, iPhone has wider screen...

There are a lot of same difference,
It is what you can do to it that makes any smart phone a favorite!