PDA

View Full Version : Has anbody bought the C-17 Globemaster with the new 2D panel?

harryrupert
August 15th, 2010, 05:58
I would really like to get this aircraft from Alphasim and will await the VC, however I would like to ask if anybody here has purchased the aircraft with the 2D panel and their views!

Thanks,

Harry

Warrant
August 15th, 2010, 07:13
No VC, no buy! I like the C-17 very much and would like to see her in my hangar. But it is taking soooooo long for that VC, but it is an absolute condition for me for the purchase.

AndyE1976
August 15th, 2010, 07:34
Agreed, I'm trying to build up my modern RAF collection and this would be a must-have if it had a VC.

Pepere
August 15th, 2010, 07:36
Ditto!

David

strykerpsg
August 15th, 2010, 07:49
Admittedly, AS's tactic on selling a very incomplete bird greatly puzzles me, at least for their asking price. On top of that, their multiple missed dates for upkeep and repair, not so puzzling until you factor in the other models they continue to crank out on the Virtavia site and AS. I personally would be very upset to have been one of the original purchasers with false promises of updates and repair and it's now a year later.

I too have wanted this beauty in my hangar but held off because of the failed promises and price margin. When the VC gets released, will be in line to purchase, but until then want nothing to do with a default 747 VC on a 21st century airlifter.

Merlin216
August 15th, 2010, 11:07
I have and use the 2d panel with AS C-17. Its fairly accurate to the real one as far as looks and most gauges. The PFD is a little different from the real one in terms on features, but it does its job still. They also added a hud with a flight path marker. Unfortunately the flight path marker doesnt work.

I have spent a lot of time in the bird. If I didnt have a 747 vc aliased to it though I probably wouldnt fly it half as much. Id tell you to wait for the VC, but as others mentioned AS has blown over their given dates several times already, and all they keep telling people is soon.

kilo delta
August 15th, 2010, 11:15
UKMIL have a native FSX C-17...c/w VC....and it's FREE! Those guys deserve a little credit considering the amount of native FSX aircraft that they offer the sim community.:salute:

Warrant
August 15th, 2010, 11:34
UKMIL have a native FSX C-17...c/w VC....and it's FREE! Those guys deserve a little credit considering the amount of native FSX aircraft that they offer the sim community.:salute:

Second that!

blazefox2
August 15th, 2010, 12:44
the Area 51 simulations c-17 will probably be completely done and released before you see the alphasim virtual cockpit IMO

(i also fly the UKMIL c-17)

Pepere
August 15th, 2010, 13:32
Do you have to be a club member to UKMIL to download?

David

kilo delta
August 15th, 2010, 15:24

David

Not for the C-17 or a range of other a/c... LINK (http://www.ukmil.org.uk/download.php?list.9)

There are, however, certain files that remain privy to club members eg the T-38.

strykerpsg
August 15th, 2010, 15:34

David

As has been mentioned, membership is very worthwhile and quite inexpensive at that. Their C-17 is pretty nice for freeware and the T-38 is even hotter. I would give them a try, you won't regret it.

Matt

kilo delta
August 15th, 2010, 16:06
I'm not a club member yet but am hankering after a native T38. I'd be very tempted to merge it with an F-5 vc or perhaps the Iris F-20D two seater version. :)

UKMIL
August 16th, 2010, 03:39
As far as the T38, we are about to give up on the VC build, so it is being released as freeware to all without a VC. but being a native FSX model, you can merge another into it

kilo delta
August 16th, 2010, 03:59
As far as the T38, we are about to give up on the VC build, so it is being released as freeware to all without a VC. but being a native FSX model, you can merge another into it

Looking forward to it! Give us a HU when you release it,please? :salute:

AndyE1976
August 16th, 2010, 06:19

Absolutely, forgot about that one until the minute I pressed 'submit reply'. Just downloaded and hopefully will get to check it out tonight.

UKMIL
August 16th, 2010, 06:55
Looking forward to it! Give us a HU when you release it,please? :salute:
released

kilo delta
August 16th, 2010, 07:34
released

Thanks a million...gonna light the burners on that tonight!:salute: