PDA

View Full Version : 'Why Is Jimmie Johnson Unpopular?'

Panther_99FS
November 19th, 2008, 15:14
http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/gurss-why-is-jimmie-johnson-unpopular/

eddie
November 19th, 2008, 18:25
Wow, another link to Speedtv, now that's original,lol At least its one way to keep your post count up!!:d

Panther_99FS
November 19th, 2008, 19:17
What can I say - it's a great website...:d

Cazzie
November 20th, 2008, 11:06
He is from California, he is an attractive male, he is LUCKY big time.

Ya gotta understand Panther, NASCAR for all its family appeal approach is still essentially a "redneck" sport. All of the above are loathed by rednecks! :d

Caz

Panther_99FS
November 20th, 2008, 13:15
He is from California, he is an attractive male, he is LUCKY big time.
Ya gotta understand Panther, NASCAR for all its family appeal approach is still essentially a "redneck" sport. All of the above are loathed by rednecks! :d
Caz

Prolly why Jeff Gordon was hated too....:cost1:

Cazzie
November 20th, 2008, 17:20
Egg-actually. But we all like Cousin Carl, cause he's a flip out. :d

Caz

EasyEd
November 20th, 2008, 17:32
Hey All,

I think it's because he knows how to do the corporate image thing. That really isn't him and people who know him know that. Did you see him ask Jimmy Spencer on national TV if Spencer had just asked him if he knew how to "get it up"? Talk about an embarrassed Spencer but he right away said "now that is the real Jimmie Johnson!". Also I think very few people know how truly blue-collar redneck JJs roots are. I also think there are a lot of people who just don't like his success. I wish him a lot more.

As for the idea that NASCAR is a good ol boy southern sport - well that should have died a long time ago - probably starting with Tim Richmond - except for those who can't let go of the past. I think the death of the Labor Day Southern 500 at Darlington was the final nail in the coffin. Although NASCAR is gonna revive the name for the May Darlington race in 2009.

-Ed-

MaddogK
November 21st, 2008, 11:38
It's a team thingy, JJ has won many races sticking to the rear bumper of Gordon, and now that Jeff isn't as hungry as he used to be Jimmy is the new team superstar. Gordon is great, Jimmy is good but lucky, don't get me started on that **$*^% Dale Jr.

smoores
November 22nd, 2008, 09:36
It's a team thingy, JJ has won many races sticking to the rear bumper of Gordon, and now that Jeff isn't as hungry as he used to be Jimmy is the new team superstar. Gordon is great, Jimmy is good but lucky, don't get me started on that **$*^% Dale Jr.Right now I see only 2 actually talented drivers at Hendrick. It will be three when Martin comes over. The teams behind the drivers are who win most of the races for them. Ray Evernham and Jeff Gordon showed that. It Chad Knaus leaves Hendrick, Jimmie Johnson will be right at the level of Jeff Gordon now. Good, but not the same.

Panther_99FS
November 22nd, 2008, 09:49
It Chad Knaus leaves Hendrick, Jimmie Johnson will be right at the level of Jeff Gordon now. Good, but not the same.

smoores,
I tend to agree with you. Jimmie is definitely an outstanding driver but you can't argue that a good portion of his overall success is due to Chad Knaus.......And I'm fairly confident that if Gordon ever got Evernham back, he'd be fairing a lot better....

Cazzie
November 22nd, 2008, 10:09
Ya know, all jests aside, Jeff Gordon would probably have two more Championships on the old system. He is still the smoothest driver in NASCAR.

Caz

smoores
November 24th, 2008, 18:55
Well now that Ray Evernham sold his team...

Panther_99FS
November 25th, 2008, 05:14
Well now that Ray Evernham sold his team...

He's going to "work" with Erin Crocker now...:d

smoores
November 25th, 2008, 06:41
:costumes::costumes::applause:
He's going to "work" with Erin Crocker now...:d