PDA

View Full Version : gmaxBible by Kelly L. Murdock...

MaskRider
August 14th, 2010, 20:17
Any comments? Good book? Not?

Hi guys!

After years of having GMax loaded and unused on my computer, I have finally decided that it is high time to learn how to use it. I find myself constantly in need of some relatively simple scenery objects and just don't feel comfy asking for someone to make them for me. I don't mind throwing out the occasional hint now and then- and always seem to get plenty of responses. But there are a few items I could use that should be very easy to make if I just teach myself the basics.

So away I go. I have all of the tutorials and stuff that came with GMax but prefer something I can hold in my hand and have on the table next to me while working along.

Has anyone ever used this book "GMax Bible" by Kelly Murdock?

I am thinking of getting it unless I hear about something or someplace on the web that would be better.

Thanks!

Collin
August 14th, 2010, 21:12
Haven't you got enough grey hairs without trying to get this G-string bible for a program made for lefties.

I think it starts summat like this.......

Thou shalt not convert covert thy neighbours model or textures.:icon_lol:

regards Collin:ernae:

Stratobat
August 15th, 2010, 19:39
Hey MaskRider,

I can't comment on the contents of the Gmax Bible but if it's anything like Kelly Murdock's 3DS Max Bible books then you should find it quite enjoyable.

Best advice I could give you would be to have a look at some of the online retailers for reviews, product descriptions and user opinions to help you decide. What you could also try doing is posing this question in the Aircraft Design & Animation forum - I think a few of the guys may have this book.

Regards,
Stratobat

Edit: Have a look here: http://www.amazon.com/gmax-Bible-Kelly-L-Murdock/dp/0764537571

MaskRider
August 15th, 2010, 20:13
Hi Stratobat,

Yep, good advice. What you suggest is more or less what have been doing. I think I have pretty much decided to go ahead and get it. Its in my shopping cart at Amazon and I perused thru the the searchable parts of the book available there. The table of contents and index look pretty danged thorough and informative. So, I think it is a go.

Howdy, Collin!

WRT
Haven't you got enough grey hairs without trying to get this G-string bible for a program made for lefties. I can't get any more than I already have. They're all grey!

Cheers,
MR

alpha_1
August 16th, 2010, 11:35
Go for it MR......You've got what it takes! Good luck with it!

simonu
August 17th, 2010, 10:23
I can't comment about the gmax bible, I'd love to take a look at it. Good news that you have decided to take on gmax. I have had some success with gmax and exporting for CFS2 please pm me if you get stuck. The chaps over on the designers forum http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forumdisplay.php?f=22 may know more about the book.