PDA

View Full Version : RAZBAM LTV A-7 Corsair II released

Pages : [1] 2 3

Prowler1111
August 13th, 2010, 19:04
Ladies and Gentleman, RAZBAM Proudly presents:

RAZBAM LTV A-7E/D Corsair II for FSX (http://www.razbam.org/store/product_info.php?products_id=76)

RAZBAM A-7E, A-7H and A-7D Corsair II for FSX

Highly detailed exterior and interior models, very comprehensive representation of cockpit systems which include:

AFCS (Autopilot)
Tactical Navigation Computer
Detailed and comprehensive navigation instruments
Faithful representation of the HSI gauge
A/G Radar with up to 6 modes representations within FSX limits(Air to ground ranging, Beacon mode, Ground Mapping, Pencil mode & Terrain Avoidance)
Projected Map set, with 4 modes and 2 ranges set
Complete representation of the armament panel, with working armament stations, fusing, selection, weapon delivery modes , quantity selection in 2 different modes
Detailed representation of the aircraft´s HUD.
Detailed electrical and hydraulic systems and panels
Detailed fuel panel
Simulated Oxygen system
Detailed cockpit and exterior lights
Detailed Armament Station Control Unit (ASCU)
Accurate weapon load outs controlled by the ASCU

Exterior features:
Highly detailed exterior representation of A-7E, A-7H and A-7D which include:
Working carrier catapult shuttle (A-7E)
Working Tail hook
Working wing fold action
Accurate external load outs controlled by the ASCU
Drop able ordnance in free flight´s with multiple ordnance release options (ordnance in free flight is a visual effect due to FSX limitations)
Accurate aircraft lights
Accurate and detailed schemes.

A-7E:

VA-72 Blue Hawks, Operation Desert Storm
VA-94 Shrikes
VA-15 Valions
VA-122 in Bicentennial Commemorative Scheme

A-7D

354Th TFW Linebacker Campaign
174Th TFS, 185Th TFG Sioux City ANG
149Th, Virginia ANG

A-7H

336 Sq, 116Th Fighter Wing, Araxos Air Base
335 A-7E,116th Fighter Wing ,Tiger scheme "Archangel" Air Show, 2005

Best regards

Prowler

N2056
August 13th, 2010, 19:06
Congratulations to you & your team on the release of what is sure to be a winner! :icon29:

krazycolin
August 13th, 2010, 19:25
Congrats Ron!

NEXT!!!????

crashaz
August 13th, 2010, 19:27
Yay!!! Nice work everyone!!:wavey:

Cag40Navy
August 13th, 2010, 19:29
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Collin, then we will see the 2 seater!

Roadburner440
August 13th, 2010, 19:30
Congrats on the release, look forward to picking it up in the near future. To think today was pay day as well. :salute:

GrinningJester
August 13th, 2010, 19:33
I shall now have a cold brewski :D

All credit to Ron and the rest of the folks, they worked their arses off!

http://www.dackard-3d.com/A7_Shot1.jpg

http://www.dackard-3d.com/A7_Shot2.jpg
http://www.dackard-3d.com/A7_Shot3.jpg
http://www.dackard-3d.com/A7_Shot4.jpg
http://www.dackard-3d.com/A7_Shot5.jpg
http://www.dackard-3d.com/A7_Shot6.jpg

doublecool
August 13th, 2010, 19:35
AH yes...down loaded a Razbam unknown file...and if you try and open it it does not know how or with what program to use...sorry did I do something wrong

ColoKent
August 13th, 2010, 19:36
....can't WAIT!!!!

Kent

P.S. Can anyone tell me how many Megs the download is?

skyhawka4m
August 13th, 2010, 19:37
downloading now

Akatsuki
August 13th, 2010, 19:39
AH yes...down loaded a Razbam unknown file...and if you try and open it it does not know how or with what program to use...sorry did I do something wrong

Have you tried adding ".zip" or ".exe" to the file? It should be one of these two.

doublecool
August 13th, 2010, 19:40
Thats the process???

GrinningJester
August 13th, 2010, 19:41
Download is around 200MB if I am correct.

ColoKent
August 13th, 2010, 19:48
.....passing through 168 MB...

Can;t wait! (Oops....I already said that, didn't I?)

Kent

CG_1976
August 13th, 2010, 19:50
I have to wait a few more hours, da Jarhead Wife is home and had a bad day:icon_lol: and had to go back to work in 2 hours. So in two hours it should be safe for me:jump: Keep posting those pics for me please.

PRB
August 13th, 2010, 19:55
BRAVO ZULU RAZBAM shipmates!
:ernae:

ColoKent
August 13th, 2010, 19:56
....an "unknown format", because it must not have an extension. I added a ".zip" exptension, and it didn't work.

Thoughts?

Kent

P.S. CHRIST....starting the download AGAIN. It ended up being 213 MB, but it shows as a blank white icon, and nothing will open it.

P.S.S. How dumb can I be...It's an EXE file, so I added .exe, and it is working...

doublecool
August 13th, 2010, 20:08
Yes I got the same thing...I see others purchasing after I downloaded

and bam screen shots...

I've used up the 3 downloads thinking I'm not retrieving the full download

Been waiting five hours...I'm going to bed I gotta go to work in the morning

Thanks

skyhawka4m
August 13th, 2010, 20:10
odwnloaded and flown...only one issue...my weapons load panel isn't working correctly I don't think. I don't want 4 fuel tanks and it won't release the oter tanks.

ColoKent
August 13th, 2010, 20:17
....to the weapons load panel?

ZEUS67
August 13th, 2010, 20:27
odwnloaded and flown...only one issue...my weapons load panel isn't working correctly I don't think. I don't want 4 fuel tanks and it won't release the oter tanks.

That's because you have a full fuel load including the auxiliary tanks. You must empty the external1, external2, leftaux and rightaux tanks with fuel and payload menu before you can deselect them with the ASCU.

This airplane does not allow "cheating" with the fuel loads. If the auxiliary tanks have fuel, then it will show those auxiliary tanks and you cannot take them off unless you empty them first.

ZEUS67
August 13th, 2010, 20:28
....to the weapons load panel?

In the view/instrument panel menu. select Armament Station Control Unit (ASCU)

ZEUS67
August 13th, 2010, 20:29
Yes I got the same thing...I see others purchasing after I downloaded

and bam screen shots...

I've used up the 3 downloads thinking I'm not retrieving the full download

Been waiting five hours...I'm going to bed I gotta go to work in the morning

Thanks
I'm sorry that you're having issues with the download. I will speak with Ron first thing in the morning so he can help you with your file.

ColoKent
August 13th, 2010, 20:39
Emptied the fuel....lost two tanks....so how do I load ordnance and the travel pod?

ZEUS67
August 13th, 2010, 20:43
Emptied the fuel....lost two tanks....so how do I load ordnance and the travel pod?

The travel pod is model dependent. If my memory is correct I think that only the A-7Ds have the travle pod. Either way weapons are loaded by using the ASCU:

\Views\Instrument Panel\Armament Station Control Unit (ASCU)

ColoKent
August 13th, 2010, 20:44
....I am in the -D, the engine is off, the brake is set, and the screen is up....but I can't get it to do anything...

ZEUS67
August 13th, 2010, 20:47
The ASCU is very easy to use. You only click on the buttons for each station. The first one is the fuzing option. The second one is weapons type, you will see a table explaining the codes. The third one is quantity.

Stations 1, 2, 7 and 8 can load both up to 6 bombs each. Stations 3 and 6 are limited to 3 max since they are the nearest one to the fuselage. If you load sidewinders, you will be able to carry two max.

Travel pods can only be carried on Stations 1 and 8 (the outermost ones).

ZEUS67
August 13th, 2010, 20:51
....I am in the -D, the engine is off, the brake is set, and the screen is up....but I can't get it to do anything...

That's strange. The requirements are engine shut down and parking brakes set. The ASCU should work.

Are you clicking on the grey buttons?

ColoKent
August 13th, 2010, 20:59
....what is supposed to happen when I do that?

ZEUS67
August 13th, 2010, 21:02
....what is supposed to happen when I do that?

The ASCU will cycle through the options available for that slot and station.

BTW, you have to wait until the engine is truly shut down.

ZEUS67
August 13th, 2010, 21:06
This video was made during ASCU development.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxtR7DfYdes&feature=player_embedded

stormtrooper271
August 13th, 2010, 21:10
Sorry to have to be the spelling police but I noticed on the description page oxygen is misspelled.

Can't wait until my birthday so I can get this. It looks amazing!:wiggle:

ZEUS67
August 13th, 2010, 21:14
Sorry to have to be the spelling police but I noticed on the description page oxygen is misspelled.

Can't wait until my birthday so I can get this. It looks amazing!:wiggle:

Blame Vought. They are the ones who misspelled it on the first place. :icon_lol: The typo was just carried over. We'll fix it. We were in such a hurry to release it that forgot to proof read.

ColoKent
August 13th, 2010, 21:17
....to work. Thanks, guys!

(I reinstalled the package...and it then worked).

Regards,

Kent

SADT
August 13th, 2010, 21:21
Hi Prowler,

Will you be able to implement another method of payment for your A-7 other than paypal? Also will you be making a disk edition? :salute::salute::salute: Great work!

Rattler
August 13th, 2010, 22:16
Bought the Bird of my Dreams!!!
Flew the Bird of my Dreams!!!
Am Im Love with the Bird of my Dreams!!!!!

Thanks to everyone at the Razbam Team, Another Quality Bird!!!

It was well Worth the Wait, Cheers Ron, Now get some rest man, Your work here is done!!!!

:ernae::ernae::ernae:

Dag
August 13th, 2010, 22:22
Hi,

Just noticed the HAF Tiger would not load its model. Solution below. Apart from that, this is one impressive package, Ron and crew, you did darn well :wiggle:

Thanks

warchild
August 13th, 2010, 22:58
So guys?? How does it fly?? I know shes a lot harder to land than other planes, but did i make it too difficult??

Dag
August 13th, 2010, 23:22
So guys?? How does it fly?? I know shes a lot harder to land than other planes, but did i make it too difficult??

Nahh, not too difficult. I've been doing touch and goes on regular runways, have not dared to take her to the boat yet :kilroy: Any Idea what makes my compressor stall just after take off? Something seems to happen below 1000ft when I go from mid range to MIL or something.

Thanks

hschuit
August 14th, 2010, 02:12

Pam, thank you for your outstanding work on the FDE ! :salute::salute::salute: I am very happy with the handling. Indeed, it is not the easiest to fly but I like that.

On my 1st flight today I took off from North Island NAS in the A-7H, did a touch and go and landed with no problem whatsoever.

Then I positioned the A-7H on an FSX carrier at Pearl Harbor. I tried to lower the launch bar but nothing happened... Then I thought: Wait a minute, the A-7H is strictly land based, maybe I should try the NAVY A-7E. And yes, problem solved, I got the A-7E ready for launch as advertized. On the 1st cat launch I pulled the stick back before I launched and experienced a nasty FSX "Object collision" at the end of the deck. That reminded me of something else I read on this forum: This time I tried a hands off stick launch and that went perfect. I guess you should not start pulling the stick till airborne and clear of the deck.

After a touch and go at John Rodgers Fld (PHJR) I dumped fuel till I had 40% left and lined up for the carrier. It has been said before on this forum, just fly your approach keeping the AOA indexer centered. Doing so, I managed to make a good trap on my 3rd attempt (after a bolter and a horrible crash because I came in too low). The hardest thing approaching the boat for me is adjusting the throttle properly. Because of the engine spool up delay, you have to be very gently otherwise you end up like a jojo going back and forth between too fast and too slow.

Question: I experienced quite a bit of sluggishness at slow speed. Is that done on purpose? I noticed the MOI values are quite high given the A-7 empty weight and dimensions.

Cheers, Henk.

PS: A few minor issues I found, not FDE related:
- The VC light fx_Razbam_A7_vclight_red.fx file seems to be missing
- The ui_typerole lines are missing, I added them myself: ui_typerole=Single Engine Jet
- The HUD (2D) view is black. I could easily fix it: Just add this line to Panel.cfg [Window00]: Background_color=0,0,0

michael davies
August 14th, 2010, 02:42
Looks very nice indeed, one of my favourite USN aircraft, don't get much payware but might spring for this :).

Kindest

Michael

IanP
August 14th, 2010, 03:05
Well I can land it, after some practice - so you didn't make it too hard, Pam, just "challenging". :d

Seriously, hats off to everyone involved with this. It's a superb little jet.

One thing that may help those struggling to get it onto a carrier deck is to start VERY light. Empty all the wing tanks, empty the auxs and put half fuel in the two mains. That should give you enough to have a play around, without the original problem I had of the SLUF's backside falling through the deck into the water after what appeared to be a perfectly good landing. I don't know what the designed landing weight of the A-7 variants are (I'm hoping that'll be in the manual! ;)) but that gives you a tad over 120KIAS landing speed in my tests and seems to work.

Gotta go out now, will fly more later. :)

Ian P.

skyhawka4m
August 14th, 2010, 03:37
well I like it but I can't fly for more than 5 or so minutes and then the engine shuts down on me......I can't figure out why though. Kinda pissing me off but....I guess in time I'll figure it out...I know i'm not over heating because I did a test flight at high altitude with throttle cut back.

the warning I got was HYD Failure.

vora
August 14th, 2010, 04:29
Gosh... she's a handful to fly for sure. I love it!
(wished A-6 and A-4 would get this treatment)

Great work, RAZBAM!
Super FDE, Pam!

IanP
August 14th, 2010, 04:48
I don't know what Ron has up his sleeve next, but I'd really love to see the Scooters done up to current specs. They do work in Accel, I had them installed until my last PC upgrade and rebuild, but they are starting to show their age a little when you compare them to packs such as the A-7.

Next thing I'll want, of course, is the moon on a stick.

Ian P.

jim
August 14th, 2010, 04:53
NICE.............................VERY NICE:jump:

MudMarine
August 14th, 2010, 04:57
Got to wait two weeks for this one...dang!! Maybe Santa will come through for my birthday?!!

ZEUS67
August 14th, 2010, 05:04
well I like it but I can't fly for more than 5 or so minutes and then the engine shuts down on me......I can't figure out why though. Kinda pissing me off but....I guess in time I'll figure it out...I know i'm not over heating because I did a test flight at high altitude with throttle cut back.

the warning I got was HYD Failure.

Watch the engine TOT temp. If you go beyond the red line for more than three minutes the engine will suffer damage and soon you will find yourself without one.

Full throttle is not an option beyond 1 - 2 minutes. Top continuous throttle is 96% RPM. Power dives are a no no, quite easy to go over the red line within 30 seconds. That's the wasy the original Allison TF-41-A2 behaved. We were quite pleased when we found out that Pam managed to hit that spot too.

ZEUS67
August 14th, 2010, 05:20
15424TOT Gauge (Red lines are not correct. The needle should be halfway between 5 and 6).

15425 Gauge position in the A-7E cockpit.

15426 Gauge position in the A-7D cockpit.

15427 Max speeds chart (from NATOPS) based on a clean aircraft. Yellow zone is the max speed possible.

BOOM
August 14th, 2010, 05:44
.......Downloading now!!!! fantastic!!!!:jump:

VCN-1
August 14th, 2010, 06:06
It really looks fantastic.

Is there a paint kit? I didn't see any reference of it at the site.

VCN-1

hschuit
August 14th, 2010, 06:11
It really looks fantastic.

Is there a paint kit? I didn't see any reference of it at the site.

VCN-1

Sure, the installer includes a paintkit (3 large psd files)

ColoKent
August 14th, 2010, 06:56
.....this is incredible. I love it. The only thing I either don't understand (or wish were better) is a way of monitoring engine power (% gauge) so I can avoid destroying the engine.

I'll tell you this-- the A-7K is a NO-BRAINER!!!!

This is WONDERFUL!

Thanks, Prowler....

P.S. Can we get the travel pod option on the -K too, please?

Prowler1111
August 14th, 2010, 07:13
Hi gents:
1st all thank you all for the comments, it´s great to see you´re enjoying it, as i stated before, you do feel the lack of a manual, that´s in the works.
As for those small bugs, i will fix them and issue a patch.
BTW, Zeus here is our main coder, so all the instrument/weapons magic is his work, so hats off to him for an awesome work, also any questions regarding those, well, he is the guy (i just pull polys, lol)
Hats off also to Pam, great work sweety!

Repaint kit:
There is one, you should look for a RAZBAM folder in your main FSX folder, in it you´ll find 3 psd´s.

Once again, thanks, and..well...no pics??:jump:

Prowler

ZEUS67
August 14th, 2010, 07:15
.....this is incredible. I love it. The only thing I either don't understand (or wish were better) is a way of monitoring engine power (% gauge) so I can avoid destroying the engine.

I'll tell you this-- the A-7K is a NO-BRAINER!!!!

This is WONDERFUL!

Thanks, Prowler....

P.S. Can we get the travel pod option on the -K too, please?

We are very glad that you like it. The tachometer is located below the TOT gauge in the A-7D and to the right in the A-7E. You can monitor engine %RPM with it.

Quixoticish
August 14th, 2010, 07:18
I'm getting a RAZBAM file with no extension as well in Firefox, I had to switch to Internet Explorer to get it to download properly.

Warrant
August 14th, 2010, 07:22
Just got it. The droppable bombs (especially the high drag ones) and the extremely cool appearance of the bird got to me.

Off to fly her, between painting F-35's :salute::running:

Warrant
August 14th, 2010, 07:25
I'm getting a RAZBAM file with no extension as well in Firefox, I had to switch to Internet Explorer to get it to download properly.

I run firefox as well, but it downloaded just fine. Do you have the latest and greatest from Firefox :ques:

Dag
August 14th, 2010, 07:27
Hi,

Just finished a looong flight, by my standards at least, lasting close to 90 minutes and this thing is excellent. If you remember to keep below 96% RPM you should be good in most situations .... and yes, I am still a chicken and have not been to the boat yet :sheep:

Thanks again Ron and crew, this is my favorite :jump:

ZEUS67
August 14th, 2010, 08:04
For those of you who want to do carrier qualifications.

Just keep it in the yellow donut and you will be safe. Remember that the devil dwells below 117 KIAS.

Warrant
August 14th, 2010, 08:16
How to drop bombs with this baby?

ZEUS67
August 14th, 2010, 08:24
How to drop bombs with this baby?

1st you have to map the <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CUlricK%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmso htmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><link rel="Preview" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CUlricK%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmso htmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_preview.wmf"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:DocumentProperties> <o:Version>12.00</o:Version> </o:DocumentProperties> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:RelyOnVML/> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><link rel="themeData" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CUlricK%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmso htmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx"><link rel="colorSchemeMapping" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CUlricK%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmso htmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]-->Cabin alert – Seatbelts (on/off) to the joystick trigger button (Usually button 01).

1. Go to the armaments panel.
2. Click on the Master Arm switch to activate it.
3. Click on the station that has the ordnance you want to drop (you can select all of them too).
4. Click the trigger button on your joystick.
5. Enjoy the show.

No explosions on free flight. This is just pure visuals.

dvj
August 14th, 2010, 08:36
Folks, before I pay and download what are the system requirements? Will this run on FSX SP2, and without a joystick? Looks like an absolutly fantastic adder to the collection.

d

ZEUS67
August 14th, 2010, 08:40
Folks, before I pay and download what are the system requirements? Will this run on FSX SP2, and without a joystick? Looks like an absolutly fantastic adder to the collection.

d
You can fly it without the joystick, just remember that this is not a plug-and-fly aircraft. As for the SP2, I'm not sure. I used some events/variables that the SDK claims are Acceleration-only.

Prowler1111
August 14th, 2010, 09:14
Gosh... she's a handful to fly for sure. I love it!
(wished A-6 and A-4 would get this treatment)

Great work, RAZBAM!
Super FDE, Pam!

Yup, already scheduling them, A-4´s were delayed due to new standards, next product will be improved even further..

Prowler

warchild
August 14th, 2010, 09:23
Nahh, not too difficult. I've been doing touch and goes on regular runways, have not dared to take her to the boat yet :kilroy: Any Idea what makes my compressor stall just after take off? Something seems to happen below 1000ft when I go from mid range to MIL or something.

Thanks

accumulated/induced drag is the first thing that comes to my mind. It's not really a compressor stall as i first thought, but it may as well be.. I was having very similar issues in what may be the same exact location ( metaphorically speaking of course ).

On takeoff, I always make a climbing turn away from the runway. Normally, on any plane which has zero or some dihedral ( where the wings are angled upward as they move out from the fuselage ) the air that is incountered on the underside of the wing flows back and outwards towards the tips, so, in a turn the air hits the bottom of the wing, and flows back, outward and past the wing, rather freely. Although there is some degree of drag piled on from the increase in in surface area ( in relationship to the flight path ) it doesnt become any real issue till the aircraft is at so nose high ( in relationship to the path of flight ) that it is no longer really using its wings at all as anything except big flat walls in the wind.

The A-7's wing angles downward from the fuselage as it moves out towards its tip. We call this Anhedral. In effect its upside down. There's a lot of reasons for this plane to use anhedral such as maneuverability, but it does have one litterally massive drawback. As your angle of attack, in rlationship to the direction of travel increases, The air hitting the underside of the wing is no longer happily flowing past and outwards.. it tries to flow past, and inward towards the fuselage. This is because the down angle on the wing causes it to act like a bug cup or parachute. So the air gets trapped up against the fuselage under the wing, doesnt go anywhere because theres nowhere to go, so, it builds up forming a large mass of compressed air ( weighing an unknown thousands of pounds ) which disrupts the flow of air under the wing, stalling the aircraft. The engines, may as well not exist at that point. There is no amount of force they can produce that will overcome that amount of drag. It would be like trying to move a freight train with a motorcycle engine. it just isnt gonna happen, so the plane stalls and falls.

The NATOPS says it takes four to six thousand feet to recover from one of these stalls. It even gives an altitude chart for recover-ability. Everything below 4,000 has a big X in the box. it means your dead.

So how do you deal with it??? well, there are several ways. The easiest is dont turn the plane untill you have attained a speed over 200 knots. the next easiest is if you have to turn, dont pull back on the stick, at all. just bank the plane and let it turn on its own. You'd be surprised at what your hand is actually doing with that stick when your not paying attention ( please guys, no puerile jokes ). The hardest way is to watch the IAS for a drop in speed. As the speed begins to drop, let off on the stick and drop the nose till she regains momentum. With practice you can get pretty darned good.

Now, there is one last thing that you can do to help yourself in addition to all of the above things.
In the aircraft.cfg file there is an entry called thrust_scalar. When i create fde's all the scalar values get set to 1.0. You can increase that scalar minimally ( to 1.25 )and achieve some very satisfactory results. What the value does is this..
While sitting at idle, you have zero thrust, so there is no change in thrust at all, but as you increase thrust to 100 pounds, the actual thrust increases to 125 pounds. at a thousand pounds the actual thrust would be 1250 pounds at 10000 pounds it would be 12500 pounds.
As you can see a little but helps a lot. In the case of the A-7 it means you gotta watch your top end as going over 585 knots is real easy, but on the bottom end, it might just be enough to save your flight.

now, if you do this, dont think that all you have to do is go to full throttle and she'll blow her way out of there.. She wont.. Even though i gave the engines a ridiculously short amount of time for spool up, it still isnt instantaneous. The engines used in this plane and several others from the same time period ( including some F-111's ) were turbo-fan engines. normal spool up time from idle to full throttle was 16 seconds. however, they deliver enough power that the pilots adrenalin/pucker factor can go from 0 to 5 within just a couple of seconds. In a stall below 4000 feet, even on full mil power, there is no way the engines can respond fast enough with enough power to guarantee recovery. Learning to handle the plane properly is the best and truly the only way to avert these situations.

Keep in mind, this plane is classified as a light bomber. She carries one 20mm M-61 gattling gun. Unlike her sister, the F-8 crusader, she cant dogfight for ****. She can however run like hell, and out turn anything of similar size and weight as long as she is moving at speed.

Hope this helps :)
Pam

Dag
August 14th, 2010, 09:34
Very good reading there Warchild, very ;-) I have conquered the bird btw, no throttle-slamming F-16 style and it'll be good :-)

accumulated/induced drag is the first thing that comes to my mind. It's not really a compressor stall as i first thought, but it may as well be.. I was having very similar issues in what may be the same exact location ( metaphorically speaking of course ).

On takeoff, I always make a climbing turn away from the runway. Normally, on any plane which has zero or some dihedral ( where the wings are angled upward as they move out from the fuselage ) the air that is incountered on the underside of the wing flows back and outwards towards the tips, so, in a turn the air hits the bottom of the wing, and flows back, outward and past the wing, rather freely. Although there is some degree of drag piled on from the increase in in surface area ( in relationship to the flight path ) it doesnt become any real issue till the aircraft is at so nose high ( in relationship to the path of flight ) that it is no longer really using its wings at all as anything except big flat walls in the wind.

The A-7's wing angles downward from the fuselage as it moves out towards its tip. We call this Anhedral. In effect its upside down. There's a lot of reasons for this plane to use anhedral such as maneuverability, but it does have one litterally massive drawback. As your angle of attack, in rlationship to the direction of travel increases, The air hitting the underside of the wing is no longer happily flowing past and outwards.. it tries to flow past, and inward towards the fuselage. This is because the down angle on the wing causes it to act like a bug cup or parachute. So the air gets trapped up against the fuselage under the wing, doesnt go anywhere because theres nowhere to go, so, it builds up forming a large mass of compressed air ( weighing an unknown thousands of pounds ) which disrupts the flow of air under the wing, stalling the aircraft. The engines, may as well not exist at that point. There is no amount of force they can produce that will overcome that amount of drag. It would be like trying to move a freight train with a motorcycle engine. it just isnt gonna happen, so the plane stalls and falls.

The NATOPS says it takes four to six thousand feet to recover from one of these stalls. It even gives an altitude chart for recover-ability. Everything below 4,000 has a big X in the box. it means your dead.

So how do you deal with it??? well, there are several ways. The easiest is dont turn the plane untill you have attained a speed over 200 knots. the next easiest is if you have to turn, dont pull back on the stick, at all. just bank the plane and let it turn on its own. You'd be surprised at what your hand is actually doing with that stick when your not paying attention ( please guys, no puerile jokes ). The hardest way is to watch the IAS for a drop in speed. As the speed begins to drop, let off on the stick and drop the nose till she regains momentum. With practice you can get pretty darned good.

Now, there is one last thing that you can do to help yourself in addition to all of the above things.
In the aircraft.cfg file there is an entry called thrust_scalar. When i create fde's all the scalar values get set to 1.0. You can increase that scalar minimally ( to 1.25 )and achieve some very satisfactory results. What the value does is this..
While sitting at idle, you have zero thrust, so there is no change in thrust at all, but as you increase thrust to 100 pounds, the actual thrust increases to 125 pounds. at a thousand pounds the actual thrust would be 1250 pounds at 10000 pounds it would be 12500 pounds.
As you can see a little but helps a lot. In the case of the A-7 it means you gotta watch your top end as going over 585 knots is real easy, but on the bottom end, it might just be enough to save your flight.

now, if you do this, dont think that all you have to do is go to full throttle and she'll blow her way out of there.. She wont.. Even though i gave the engines a ridiculously short amount of time for spool up, it still isnt instantaneous. The engines used in this plane and several others from the same time period ( including some F-111's ) were turbo-fan engines. normal spool up time from idle to full throttle was 16 seconds. however, they deliver enough power that the pilots adrenalin/pucker factor can go from 0 to 5 within just a couple of seconds. In a stall below 4000 feet, even on full mil power, there is no way the engines can respond fast enough with enough power to guarantee recovery. Learning to handle the plane properly is the best and truly the only way to avert these situations.

Keep in mind, this plane is classified as a light bomber. She carries one 20mm M-61 gattling gun. Unlike her sister, the F-8 crusader, she cant dogfight for ****. She can however run like hell, and out turn anything of similar size and weight as long as she is moving at speed.

Hope this helps :)
Pam

warchild
August 14th, 2010, 09:43
Just got it. The droppable bombs (especially the high drag ones) and the extremely cool appearance of the bird got to me.

Off to fly her, between painting F-35's :salute::running:

The high drag flaps are called retarders ( or were ).. Soo, first they made smart bombs, and then they made them retarded.. typical military :::LOL::...

warchild
August 14th, 2010, 09:51
Very good reading there Warchild, very ;-) I have conquered the bird btw, no throttle-slamming F-16 style and it'll be good :-)

Fantastic Dag..
::LOL:: Fantastic Dag.. I'm afraid i still have my training wheels on for this one, but thats because i work on so many planes all at once i dont get to spend a lot of time getting to know any of them. Like today, I'm working on a Stearman, a P-61 and an A-10.. Theres so many differences between those three that i wont be able to get a clear idea about flying any of them for a while yet..

i DID however, install AIcarriers and the USS Nimitz specifically for this bird, but i'm having some issues there too. The entire fleet disappeared off the screen and i couldnt get it back.. :;sigh:; I'll figure it out. :)..

Shes a great plane. Ron and the guys at Razbam did an excellent job on her..

hschuit
August 14th, 2010, 09:57
Hi gents: (...) Once again, thanks, and..well...no pics??:jump:
Prowler

Been too busy just flying it, here a few shots - USS Nimitz near Key West:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/pencil.png

hschuit
August 14th, 2010, 09:59
Here comes the scary part... trying to get back on the boat in one piece :wiggle:

ZEUS67
August 14th, 2010, 09:59

I'm glad that some of you are already doing A-7 carquals.:applause:

ZEUS67
August 14th, 2010, 10:02
Here comes the scary part... trying to get back on the boat in one piece :wiggle:

The second image shows that you had a Master Caution warning (the stripped rectangle in the HUD). Care to say what it was?

dmaloof
August 14th, 2010, 10:04
want this one, but does fsx have destructible scenery or is it just simulated drops with the weps? Thx.

ZEUS67
August 14th, 2010, 10:06
HUD Symbology explanation.

ZEUS67
August 14th, 2010, 10:08
want this one, but does fsx have destructible scenery or is it just simulated drops with the weps? Thx.

Explosions and destructible scenery is only possible in flight missions. In free flight mode, all you have is the visuals of weapons drop.

I'm currently designing a mission package for this bird to make use of its full capabilities in ordnance delivery and navigation.

hschuit
August 14th, 2010, 10:30
The second image shows that you had a Master Caution warning (the stripped rectangle in the HUD). Care to say what it was?

Not sure what happened but the AOA indicator shows I was a bit slow, or could it have been because I had less than 20% fuel left?

ZEUS67
August 14th, 2010, 10:32
Not sure what happened but the AOA indicator shows I was a bit slow, or could it have been because I had less than 20% fuel left?

Could be the fuel. You get a FUEL LOW Master Caution if you have less than 1350 gallons in the main tanks (Center1).

warchild
August 14th, 2010, 10:35
Question: I experienced quite a bit of sluggishness at slow speed. Is that done on purpose? I noticed the MOI values are quite high given the A-7 empty weight and dimensions.

Cheers, Henk.

Actually no..nothing like that was ever done on purpose. The MOI's are a but difficult to explain, but i'll do my best ( to the best of my sometimes befuddled little mind's ability )..

in all honesty, i didnt have the time to calculate the reynolds numbers for the aircraft, so basically, i cheated. Moi's use the reynolds number to calculate a cross sectional coefficient for each axis. but since i didnt have time to calculate the reynolds number and i already have coefficients for an F-111, F-105, grumman goose and others ( lots of others :;shudders::) i averaged the coefficients dor the two planes that i thought were the closest in cross sectional design, and used those numbers to generate the values you see in the tables. In this case, i believe i used the f-111, and the F-4 Phantom. The F-111 had the high wing, and the F-4 has a rather broad fuselage. technically, i think the numbers may be a little low except for the cross coupled yaw. That may be a little high. Now Cross coupled yaw is not used by most engineers in FSX, but it defines adverse yaw, so i always use it..

Now, the sluggishness that your experiencing I "believe" is more attached to the relationship between thrust and weight/drag. At slow speeds, the engines are producing enough energy to get the plane aloft and keep her there, but, any additional drag you pile on from banks turns weapons loadouts etc, is going to adversely effect the length of time it takes for the thrust to overcome it. So, at low speeds ( below 250 knots ) she's going to wallow a bit. Remember, its taking over 6 seconds for those turbines to spool up, but even then, they're sucking air through a 27 foot straw with a tiny little opening at the front. For a while, they're doing all they can just to breathe. So not only do you have spool up time involved, you have the time needed to reach airflow equalization to consider. ( i'm not sure thats the correct term. the engine needs a specific amount of air flowing in to obtain a specific amount of air flowing out. this is its equilibrium.) a way to work with the machine to increase air flow efficiency is to not jam the throttle forward. Use a steady, gentle increase in throttle. That doesnt mean to take half a lifetime to go from zero to full throttle, but a nice even acceleration from zero to full instead, so that the air intake remains constant and doesnt turn into a partial vacuum half way down its throat.

One big lesson i learned while working on the F-14 and other jets, is that it's ok to be excited. its ok to have a high pucker factor, but it's not ok to let that influence your actions. Stay chilly i guess is what they say these days.. feel it, but dont do it. This gets even more apparent with the more sensitive and responsive aircraft. The Su-37 is perhaps the greatest example of this, but certainly the F-16, 15, and others are just as demanding.. Keep the smiles inside, keep your mind on your training..

Sorry. Guess i got a lil carried away.. yeah, it really sounds like the thrust drag issue part of which i was explaining in a post above in regards to the wings..

bruce448
August 14th, 2010, 12:00

not sure if it's my system but the height of main gear on the ground needs lowering slightly, and oleos are too spongey, (if I slew the aircraft it bounces forever afterwards).

Bruce

warchild
August 14th, 2010, 12:06
My bad on that, sorry.. i'll work on that today and post the corrected contact later today..

doublecool
August 14th, 2010, 12:20
I'm sorry that you're having issues with the download. I will speak with Ron first thing in the morning so he can help you with your file.

ZEUS67, Thank you for your reply...back from work and have already requested additional downloads.

it was Late, i was tired, and I knew work was hours away

Any help is most appreciated very much looking

Stu

Tartuffe
August 14th, 2010, 12:25
Thanks !

http://belforum.net/img/4/356958d62dfd4d4701b0453a9aca52bd.png

:salute:

noddy
August 14th, 2010, 12:49
Two quick shots.

doublecool
August 14th, 2010, 13:02
Boy, its been one of those weeks...sitting here waiting for the water boil...still no A-7E

really I've been good :jump: I'm going and take a nap for a hour or so :salute:

ZEUS67
August 14th, 2010, 13:15
Boy, its been one of those weeks...sitting here waiting for the water boil...still no A-7E

I have sent you a PM on this issue.

bruce448
August 14th, 2010, 13:21

I had a problem with my downloads and had to have Ron reset my download counter, I was using originally using firefox to download but eventually resorted to IE which worked first time.

Bruce

Rattler
August 14th, 2010, 14:01
When I was getting the Bird lastnight, The first Download I hit run Instead of Save, On the 2nd I hit save but disconnected from the internet before the Download was Complete, and on the 3rd, I hit save, and waited till it was done...:salute::salute::salute:

I hate to Nit pick this Beautiful bird... But I seem to notice that the Laning light on the Main Nose Gear
is ocated behind the Landing gear strut. and Does the real A-7 really Flame out if the Throttle is at 100% for any Extended Period of time? Took me a Few Mid air Flame outs to figure out that Full Military power will get ya by :ernae::ernae::ernae::ernae:

warchild
August 14th, 2010, 14:18
Does the real A-7 really Flame out if the Throttle is at 100% for any Extended Period of time? Took me a Few Mid air Flame outs to figure out that Full Military power will get ya by :ernae::ernae::ernae::ernae:

yeahhh, fraid so.. Thats why Natops says to stagger your thrust. you hit over 585 ot full thrust for too long and the TIT/TOT goes critical.. in the real plane its at the least very damaging to the engine..

ZEUS67
August 14th, 2010, 14:29
When I was getting the Bird lastnight, The first Download I hit run Instead of Save, On the 2nd I hit save but disconnected from the internet before the Download was Complete, and on the 3rd, I hit save, and waited till it was done...:salute::salute::salute:

I hate to Nit pick this Beautiful bird... But I seem to notice that the Laning light on the Main Nose Gear
is ocated behind the Landing gear strut. and Does the real A-7 really Flame out if the Throttle is at 100% for any Extended Period of time? Took me a Few Mid air Flame outs to figure out that Full Military power will get ya by :ernae::ernae::ernae::ernae:

yeahhh, fraid so.. Thats why Natops says to stagger your thrust. you hit over 585 ot full thrust for too long and the TIT/TOT goes critical.. in the real plane its at the least very damaging to the engine..

That's what we tried to do when coding the behavior of the engine when the TOT was above the redline for too long. Unfortunately FSX only has one event: if an engine is damaged then you lose that engine. You go over three minutes with an ENG HOT master caution and you will lose it. Keep your throttle at 96%RPM max and you will be fine.

doublecool
August 14th, 2010, 15:15
Nothing like a good nap :wiggle:

Thanks ZEUS67 :wavey:

Not worried... just ready to explore the RAZBAM A-7E :salute:

Rattler
August 14th, 2010, 15:44
yeahhh, fraid so.. Thats why Natops says to stagger your thrust. you hit over 585 ot full thrust for too long and the TIT/TOT goes critical.. in the real plane its at the least very damaging to the engine.. You are the Best Warchild!!, Thank you Zeus for the Info, It took me a While but i did figure it out after a few Flame outs, LOL

Prowler1111
August 14th, 2010, 16:41
As for what´s next, here is what´s cooking

Best regards

Prowler

Rattler
August 14th, 2010, 16:52
will each volume be priced the same as the 1st..... $35.00?

P.S. the 2 seater looks Fun!!

ZEUS67
August 14th, 2010, 17:44
You are the Best Warchild!!, Thank you Zeus for the Info, It took me a While but i did figure it out after a few Flame outs, LOL

There are a lot of other hidden goodies, well hidden because the manual is not ready. You will find some references to keep in mind and a checklist in the kneepad.

We are glad, I'm personally very glad, that you are enjoying the aircraft. It makes our job very worthy.

glennc
August 14th, 2010, 18:11
I'm loving it, too. I am looking forward to the manual. I have a feeling navigating this machine is interesting. To put my two cents in an an early part of this thread, yes it is a challenge to land well. My first attempt was really ugly. I've done OK since then.

Glenn

ColoKent
August 14th, 2010, 18:42
....and I'll say it agian:

This package is EXCELLENT!!!!

Kent

skyhawka4m
August 14th, 2010, 18:52
Is there anyway to disable this engine damage? I ask because it seems I have been doing everything everyone says to do.....I still get engine shut down.

warchild
August 14th, 2010, 18:57
dont use full throttle after take off.. and dont go above 585 knots..
now, i dont know if anything else can be done. i dont have a full systems package, just what i needed to program the fde.. but staying below 80% throttle should keep the engine fire light off..

skyhawka4m
August 14th, 2010, 19:25
But I don't think I'm geting a fire light...the wengine just cuts out and i get the master warning light.

Lateral-G
August 14th, 2010, 20:02
Downloading now....but no file extension can be seen. I'm using FF.

What is the correct file extension for this?

-G-

edit: I just finished downloading and got a threat indication form Norton....

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j8/jbrundt/errors%20and%20bugs/razbamnortonthreat.jpg

And the file is GONE......

What's going on here?

ColoKent
August 14th, 2010, 20:07
....try .exe

Lateral-G
August 14th, 2010, 20:16
....try .exe

I can't....Norton deleted the file since it detected a threat from it.

I'm trying IE to download it....but I have to use up another download from my account. I'm not happy about that. :frown:

bruce448
August 14th, 2010, 20:49

I'm trying IE to download it....but I have to use up another download from my account. I'm not happy about that. :frown:

Lateral, if you read earlier I had the same problems (5 downloads in the end) the full file title is RAZBAM_A-7_Corsair_II_Volume_I.exe, so use IE instaed of FF.

As for Norton insight it is only seeing this as a threat because it's a new file to their database. Once downloaded and prior to running the .exe file make a backup somewhere else, run the exe file if norton deletes it there should be a pop up warning you about the threat click on the balloon saying show details, hopefully another norton panel will appear, show details or something like that, at the bottom there should be an options button click this and choose re-instate and exclude from further scans.

Hope this helps.

Bruce

Lateral-G
August 14th, 2010, 20:55
Lateral, if you read earlier I had the same problems (5 downloads in the end) the full file title is RAZBAM_A-7_Corsair_II_Volume_I.exe, so use IE instaed of FF.

As for Norton insight it is only seeing this as a threat because it's a new file to their database. Once downloaded and prior to running the .exe file make a backup somewhere else, run the exe file if norton deletes it there should be a pop up warning you about the threat click on the balloon saying show details, hopefully another norton panel will appear, show details or something like that, at the bottom there should be an options button click this and choose re-instate and exclude from further scans.

Hope this helps.

Bruce

Well I used IE to download it and now the file is gone.....I can't find it anywhere on my PC.

Talk about messed up.

I can't even download anymore from Razbam since it now says all my downloads are used up. I have never had this much trouble with any payware before and needless to say I'm not very happy.

How do I get my download counter reset?

-G-

bruce448
August 14th, 2010, 21:03
Well I used IE to download it and now the file is gone.....I can't find it anywhere on my PC.

Talk about messed up.

I can't even download anymore from Razbam since it now says all my downloads are used up. I have never had this much trouble with any payware before and needless to say I'm not very happy.

How do I get my download counter reset?

-G-

Give me a couple of minutes

bruce448
August 14th, 2010, 21:24
LateralG,

open up your Norton panel, click on Tasks, then View Security History....

you should see several columns

(Severity) - orange dot with medium next to it
(Activity) it will have 'Download Insight detected launch of Razbam_a-7_corsair_ii_volume_i.exe
(Status) Quarantined

click this line and a new panel on the right handside should appear called recommended Action, click on options then restore this file.

Bruce

Lateral-G
August 14th, 2010, 21:47
LateralG,

open up your Norton panel, click on Tasks, then View Security History....

you should see several columns

(Severity) - orange dot with medium next to it
(Activity) it will have 'Download Insight detected launch of Razbam_a-7_corsair_ii_volume_i.exe
(Status) Quarantined

click this line and a new panel on the right handside should appear called recommended Action, click on options then restore this file.

Bruce

No joy....Norton does not give any options to restore.....

edit: found another file listed with an orange dot;

razbm a-7 corsair ii volume i.exe (WS.reputation.1) detected by Download Insight

this did allow the option to restore so I have chose it. Will see how it goes...

fsafranek
August 14th, 2010, 21:53
Looks awesome. Have always been an A-7 fan since my youth when the Colo ANG birds from Buckley Field in Aurora (Denver suburb) used to fly over. Saw one flying low around the training range at Ft. Carson with wingtip vortices coming of. Very cool looking.

Will definitely be getting this one. But a bit pricey for this month. Will have to wait. Please keep the pictures coming.

ZEUS67
August 14th, 2010, 22:23

I've just sent you a PM.

ZEUS67
August 14th, 2010, 22:27
Is there anyway to disable this engine damage? I ask because it seems I have been doing everything everyone says to do.....I still get engine shut down.

That's odd. As long as you're under 96% RPM you'll be fine.
As soon as you take off and you are over 200 KIAS, pull the throttle back until you are at 90% RPM. The aircraft will still have plenty of power and you'll not overheat the engine.

Lateral-G
August 14th, 2010, 22:28
Finally got it to work. There was another file in Norton that was able to be restored.

Packaed installed and first flight made at Eglin.

Here's a pic of my 1st landing:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j8/jbrundt/Screenies/a-71stlanding.jpg

Thanks to all for helping...

-G-

ZEUS67
August 14th, 2010, 22:30
Finally got it to work. There was another file in Norton that was able to be restored.

Packaed installed and first flight made at Eglin.

Here's a pic of my 1st landing:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j8/jbrundt/Screenies/a-71stlanding.jpg

Thanks to all for helping...

-G-

I'm glad that you were able to solve your problem. Disregard my PM.

Lateral-G
August 14th, 2010, 22:34
Thanks again for all the help guys. I can get to bed now.....

-G-

ZEUS67
August 14th, 2010, 22:38
But I don't think I'm geting a fire light...the wengine just cuts out and i get the master warning light.
Watch your HUD. If you get a stripped box, you are getting a Master Caution warning. Watch the Caution Panel to see if you have a ENG HOT light on. Pull back the throttle until the Master Caution disappears.

When you get the HYD light it means that the engine has quit on you. It took me several tries to avoid the engine overheat.

ZEUS67
August 14th, 2010, 22:53
I'm going to bed now. I'll check this thread in the morning for any problem that needs a solution.

Navy Chief
August 14th, 2010, 23:04
Hi all. SO glad to hear the Corsair II was released! Am out of town, getting my gaming system rebuilt, so I can really appreciate what this bird can do! Been waiting years for this to become "reality". Simulation design at its finest!

Back home Tuesday evening. I am looking forward to my first cat shot with this baby!

Great going, Ron. Long live da SLUF! And as always, "There's No Slack In Light Attack."

NC

hey_moe
August 15th, 2010, 01:11
Yeah buddy, that plane looks sweet. Does anybody have any spare food stamps I can borrow so I can buy her? I also need senior citizen discount too :monkies:

Vietnam War Project
August 15th, 2010, 03:22
Hello,

I've bought Corsair II, then i've download the file, which was called RAZBAM without extension.
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.gstatic.com/translate/sound_player2.swf" id="tts_flash" height="18" width="18">

</object>
I was not able to run the file after. I've done only one download. Then I posted a mail to Razbam store.

So, after reading this thread, i've try with IE, but there were no more downloads available in my account.

I use Firefox, Windows Seven 64, and Bitdefender Security.

Can I have some more downloads, and a howto for this download ?.

Please, I apologize for my english language, I'm french.

Many thanks,

Xavier Carré

JayKae
August 15th, 2010, 04:20
My poor wife went to go and buy it for me for my birthday on Tuesday and when she went to the store there were 0 downloads available lol so she had to get me to come help her write an contact to RAZBAM, all good though once I get it,just waiting for a reply back, I am SOOO happy she got it for me, very thoughtful :)

doublecool
August 15th, 2010, 05:38
Hello,

I've bought Corsair II, then i've download the file, which was called RAZBAM without extension.
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.gstatic.com/translate/sound_player2.swf" id="tts_flash" height="18" width="18">

</object>
I was not able to run the file after. I've done only one download. Then I posted a mail to Razbam store.

So, after reading this thread, i've try with IE, but there were no more downloads available in my account.

I use Firefox, Windows Seven 64, and Bitdefender Security.

Can I have some more downloads, and a howto for this download ?.

Please, I apologize for my english language, I'm french.

Many thanks,

Xavier Carré

Had the same, it downloaded as a unknown file. I read earlier in a post to put a .exe after Razbam so it looks like RAZBAM.exe and it worked for me last night...I Love this Jet had a little snafu with getting the old girl going but Im so happy they released her early

THANKS to RAZBAM Team, your Product & Service is Brilliant

Man i'm I looking forward to the next release

Prowler1111
August 15th, 2010, 05:53
Gents:
The problem is that what you get is a .exe, we have just changed the file format, so now you get a .rar that should work with no problems at all.

Best regards

Prowler

Vietnam War Project
August 15th, 2010, 06:43
Thanks, after having rename file as .exe, and now trying .rar. I have it !

A great plane, Waiting for the documentation.

Thanks, Prowler and doublecool.

Cheers,

Xavier

Lateral-G
August 15th, 2010, 07:55
OK, start procedure?

Stickshaker
August 15th, 2010, 08:24
It is really a fantastic plane and I am glad I bought it. Pending the manual I have one question: hoe can the HUD be collimated? The symbology, including the horizon line, moves with my head movements, and generally the horizon line is 5 degrees or so beneath the ‘real’ horizon.

ZEUS67
August 15th, 2010, 08:41
It is really a fantastic plane and I am glad I bought it. Pending the manual I have one question: hoe can the HUD be collimated? The symbology, including the horizon line, moves with my head movements, and generally the horizon line is 5 degrees or so beneath the ‘real’ horizon.

The HUD cannot be collimated. The horizon line is 5 degrees "beneath" the real horizon because the aircraft is sitting with a 5 degree inclination on the tarmac. Once you are on the air, the horizon line is in line with the real horizon.

hschuit
August 15th, 2010, 10:24
Figuring out where the refuelling probe switch is located was the easy part, hooking up with the tanker is something I have not mastered yet.

ZEUS67
August 15th, 2010, 11:34
Figuring out where the refuelling probe switch is located was the easy part, hooking up with the tanker is something I have not mastered yet.

The LATCHED light will turn on if the AR probe is out and there is a fuel flow INTO the tanks. The DISCONNECT light will light when the fuel flow stops.

skyhawka4m
August 15th, 2010, 12:58
Well finally have it figured out.....and got in a nice 20 minute flight.

How about a little smoke like the real one?

ZEUS67
August 15th, 2010, 13:03
Well finally have it figured out.....and got in a nice 20 minute flight.

How about a little smoke like the real one?

:applause::salute:

We knew you could make it!

Rattler
August 15th, 2010, 13:12
It almost seems like you must fly in a Straight line to avoid the Engine Flame outs, Even on take off at 75% power, if I pull more than 15-20 degrees Nose up, It stalls, And forget about turning Tight... Not sure a War time bird back in Nam could have made it with these Flight dynamics... Oh well Maybe its just me... Still love the Bird :salute::salute::salute:

warchild
August 15th, 2010, 13:37
yeahhh.. the burd threw me for a loop on that as well and the following 8 hours of development was the stuff they make movies about.. But bottom line is that according to Natops, and according to the design, you dont do any maneuvering below 175 knots and then, you better have the flaps set. its in the manual, but what the manuall doesnt mention is if your at 175 knots, the maneuvering you can make has got to be done without the aid of the elevator. As soon as you come back on that sick, the plane is piling on drag like it was going out of style. Natops recommends not maneuvering below 200, and almost all references to any maneuvers in the manual use 300 knots as a base line.. Even entering the landing pattern is done at 300 knots..

Keep in mind, these werent land based aircraft. They were launched from the Tonkin Gulf yacht club and had lots and lots of ocean to fly over before they made any turns.. On land based you still flew straight out from the runway and you could reach 200 knots within 30 seconds, 300 shortly after that..
117 will kill ya,
200 is the magic number
300 is warm and cozy..
they mean it when they say speed is life.. Also again, keep in mind, this plane is a light bomber, its not a fighter and cannot maneuver like a fighter.. Fly it like an attack bomber though and your going to be quite happy. I've gotten to where i can maneuver around at 160 knots quite well, but it took time ( and a disappearing fleet of ai ships )..

Ahh,, as an addendum about wartime birds from Nam.. The F-4 had a nasty habit of flipping up on takeoff and going on its back.. Nam era planes were experiments in dynamics, and they werent very good in most cases.. The Phantom succeeded because treated with the correct amount of fear, it wouldnt kill you, and could power its way out of almost anything.. plus, it could do that snazzy backflip, which in at least one case allowed a pilot to become an ace, and saved his life..

ZEUS67
August 15th, 2010, 13:40
It almost seems like you must fly in a Straight line to avoid the Engine Flame outs, Even on take off at 75% power, if I pull more than 15-20 degrees Nose up, It stalls, And forget about turning Tight... Not sure a War time bird back in Nam could have made it with these Flight dynamics... Oh well Maybe its just me... Still love the Bird :salute::salute::salute:

Remember to use your throttle when maneuvering. This is a very fast airplane. If you are turning and losing altitude, retard the throttle.

As for the stalls on take off, warchild gave the explanation based on the airplane's wing geometry. The aircraft will take off on its own with minimal rotation.

My copy has a small trim up (a development legacy that I hadn't bothered to get rid off) that makes it play rocket-to-the-moon. It just put its nose up and within seconds you find yourself flying at 4000 feet with 90% RPM with 45 degrees pitch and no stall. Of course Indicated airspeed is a tad over 250 Knots. Once you get on level flight those knots start to go up really fast.

I know that it takes a little work to monitor the TOT and airspeed, but with practice it becomes second nature and then you can exploit this little bird capabilities.

Rattler
August 15th, 2010, 13:47
Remember to use your throttle when maneuvering. This is a very fast airplane. If you are turning and losing altitude, retard the throttle.

As for the stalls on take off, warchild gave the explanation based on the airplane's wing geometry. The aircraft will take off on its own with minimal rotation.

My copy has a small trim up (a development legacy that I hadn't bothered to get rid off) that makes it play rocket-to-the-moon. It just put its nose up and within seconds you find yourself flying at 4000 feet with 90% RPM with 45 degrees pitch and no stall. Of course Indicated airspeed is a tad over 250 Knots. Once you get on level flight those knots start to go up really fast.

I know that it takes a little work to monitor the TOT and airspeed, but with practice it becomes second nature and then you can exploit this little bird capabilities. trimming the bird out is one of the first things I do. Maybe there can Be a More Use friendly CFG put out to Stop the Engine Failures.. kinda takes the fun out of flying when you are having to do mid-air restarts. But Liker I said... I still Love this Bird!!:salute::salute::salute:

MenendezDiego
August 15th, 2010, 14:50
NOTE: Downloads are not available until payment has been confirmed

AHHH! Any way to speed up the process? I really hope I don't have to wait till tomorrow (Monday)...that's why I used paypal lol

Regards, Diego

MenendezDiego
August 15th, 2010, 15:03
...now it says the 18th...wow...any help please?

Diego

warchild
August 15th, 2010, 15:22
trimming the bird out is one of the first things I do. Maybe there can Be a More Use friendly CFG put out to Stop the Engine Failures.. kinda takes the fun out of flying when you are having to do mid-air restarts. But Liker I said... I still Love this Bird!!:salute::salute::salute:
One modification you can make is to open the aircraft.cfg file in notepad and scroll down to where it says [Theust_Scalar]. Change the value in there to 1.25 and that should give you the extra oomph your looking for.. watch out though thats a massive anmount of thrust on the top end and you'll hit the TIT monster a lot faster..

strykerpsg
August 15th, 2010, 15:29
It states there is a Terrain Avoidance RADAR mode, does this work in FSX or is it another eye candy submode that really does nothing but look pretty? I'm really digging this bird, though the flameouts are killing me just about every flight. Good thing it's FSX and not life or would have been grounded and chaptered out for all the money burned in. Looking forward to the manual.

Matt

Rattler
August 15th, 2010, 15:42
One modification you can make is to open the aircraft.cfg file in notepad and scroll down to where it says [Theust_Scalar]. Change the value in there to 1.25 and that should give you the extra oomph your looking for.. watch out though thats a massive anmount of thrust on the top end and you'll hit the TIT monster a lot faster.. I have no Problem with speed, Its the Fact that you cant turn tight and the Engine cutting out while turning.. I dont Know, maybe Im flying it too hard, although I do realize that its not an F-16, but still seems like im always behind the 8 ball in her. How about the Engine cut outs? Is there something I can tweak to eliminate that from Happening I wonder?

ZEUS67
August 15th, 2010, 15:52
It states there is a Terrain Avoidance RADAR mode, does this work in FSX or is it another eye candy submode that really does nothing but look pretty? I'm really digging this bird, though the flameouts are killing me just about every flight. Good thing it's FSX and not life or would have been grounded and chaptered out for all the money burned in. Looking forward to the manual.

Matt

This aircraft's cockpit has over 90% functional instruments (radios, radar, TACAN, ILS, HSI, Tactical Computer, etc). The radar is fully functional in all modes. Only problem is with the Air Ground Ranging mode since FSX only display as ground objects aircrafts parked on an airport. Couldn't find a solution for that one. At least not in the allocated development time frame.

The TA works. Turn the radar on by clicking on the Radar Button until it is on the PWR setting. Click on the Terrain Avoidance Mode button. The radar will display terrain information above the aircraft's altitude. Everything below the airplane's altitude will be black. Sometimes there is a small lag between the aircraft altitude and the update of the radar display. We couldn't fix that.

Ground Mapping mode (2 modes) will show a detailed map.

Air Beacon mode will show all aircrafts with beacons. It mimics an Air Intercept aircraft. The real aircraft had this mode also.

It also have a range knob. On the rardar display click on the upper left knob to change between 5, 10, 20, 40 and 80 miles range. Some modes have a set range that cannot be changed.

Below the radar you will find the Map Display Set. You can turn it on by clicking on its knob. A map will show up for the region where the aircraft is located with airports marked. The range can be changed between 20 to 80 miles.

Have fun using them.

warchild
August 15th, 2010, 15:57
sadly no.. that was part of an 8 hour piece of insanity that i put Razbam through as we looked for the offending culprit in the air file and the gauges. nothing we could do changed a thing. it still flies exactly according to the NATOPS.. most of the problem lies in the wing design. once you build up a bubble of air under there you aint going anywhere but down.. The plane ( real and FSX) falls like a rock.. It'll never fly with the surgical ability of an F-16 or even an F-100. It wasnt designed for that, but once you get up over 250 knots and can maintain your energy, you can do anything with her..

PRB
August 15th, 2010, 17:03
Made a flight from NAS Lemoore to NAS China Lake, in California. Took off from KNLC, made my course 095, and climbed to 20,000 to clear the mighty Sierra Nevada range. Kept my speed under 450 KIAS, which kept the temps below 500, more or less. Slipped over the last ridge, and drove down into the magestic Owens Valley, popped the giant speed brake to keep the speed to around 300-ish. Landed with no problems, no flame outs. Next is to try some combat maneuvers, but in general, it looks like if you treat this bird with respect and watch the critical numbers (temps, KIAS), she will take care of you. Well done, RAZBAM people!

Rezabrya
August 15th, 2010, 19:34
Did I see a quick start guide somewhere?

Prowler1111
August 15th, 2010, 20:05
Did I see a quick start guide somewhere?

yup..HERE (http://forum.razbam.org/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=627)

Best regards

Prowler

MenendezDiego
August 15th, 2010, 22:30
someone really needs to make a paint of this baby:

any my payment still hasn't cleared....? wtf paypal? lol

Diego

Stickshaker
August 16th, 2010, 02:08
The HUD cannot be collimated. The horizon line is 5 degrees "beneath" the real horizon because the aircraft is sitting with a 5 degree inclination on the tarmac. Once you are on the air, the horizon line is in line with the real horizon.

Is this also the case in the real plane (perhaps in early versions)? I can hardly believe this. If the HUD in the real plane is collimated, I must say that I would find it extremely disappointing for a $ 35 plane to have a non-collimated HUD. All high-quality planes that I bought recently (Dino’s JSF, Aerosoft’s F-16, the VRS Super Hornet) have it. And the product information promises ‘a detailed representation of the aircraft’s HUD’. Carrier landings are a world of difference with a collimated HUD. Something for a patch perhaps?

ZEUS67
August 16th, 2010, 03:44
Is this also the case in the real plane (perhaps in early versions)? I can hardly believe this. If the HUD in the real plane is collimated, I must say that I would find it extremely disappointing for a $ 35 plane to have a non-collimated HUD. All high-quality planes that I bought recently (Dino’s JSF, Aerosoft’s F-16, the VRS Super Hornet) have it. And the product information promises ‘a detailed representation of the aircraft’s HUD’. Carrier landings are a world of difference with a collimated HUD. Something for a patch perhaps?

We are looking into it.

Lateral-G
August 16th, 2010, 05:14
After my download issues were sorted (Thanks to the RAZBAM team!) been flying this one consistently the past 36 hrs and I have to say I really like it. No problems what-so-ever on handling. Lands nicely. Just watch your speeds (like any aircraft :engel016:). She really bleeds off speed in the turns so you have to be prepared for that. Other than that she's a sweetheart to fly. No temp or flameout issues so far.

Just waiting for the documentation so I can start exploring more thoroughly all the systems. So far it's been day VFR flights.

Thanks RAZBAM!

-G-

Prowler1111
August 16th, 2010, 06:31

If by collimated you mean the HUD is not over imposed in a flat surface and using Track Ir you move your had (and eye view) the HUD info is still there, nope, if you move your head out of the HUD line of sight, it will disappear, just like the real ones.

Best regards

Prowler

Stickshaker
August 16th, 2010, 06:51
If by collimated you mean the HUD is not over imposed in a flat surface and using Track Ir you move your had (and eye view) the HUD info is still there, nope, if you move your head out of the HUD line of sight, it will disappear, just like the real ones.

Best regards

Prowler

Thanks, Prawler.‘Collimated’ means that the symbology stays in the same place even if you move your head. So, the HUD horizon line stays on the ‘real’ horizon outside the aircraft even if you move your head (within limits or course; if you move your head more than 10 inches or so you probably would not see any symbology at all). In the Razbam Corsair, the symbology moves relative to the outside world if you move your head, so you never know where the ‘real’ horizon is unless you can see it outside anyway. Also, if you fly the plane so that the Flight Path marker is on the place where you want to touch down and then you move your head, your intended touchdown point moves as well. This of course makes it impossible to fly the plane to a certain point using the FPM/HUD. Land the VRS Super Hornet and you’ll see the difference.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
To forestall repetition of earlier threads, in real aircraft the HUD is definitely collimated. In many professional simulators the HUD symbology is not presented on a (simulated) HUD, but on the display where the scenery is shown. That is the easiest way to make sure the symbology is always in the right place. The fact that you can see the symbology without looking through the HUD is not seen as a problem; when you are in the simulator and strapped in you will be looking through the HUD whether you want it or not.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Zeus, thank you for the good news! I really like the plane and I hope to fly it often in the future, and a realistic HUD would make it even more fun.<o:p></o:p>

Prowler1111
August 16th, 2010, 08:02
Patch is under development right now, few minor SNAFU´s from our side, patch will include the much needed Pilot´s Manual (we told you so..hehe)

Best regards
Prowler

Carvalho
August 16th, 2010, 08:10
Got mine a few minutes a go, renamed the file to .exe, but does not work
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c393/Kal454/f306c4b4.jpg

213 MB (223,430,665 bytes) file size

Prowler1111
August 16th, 2010, 08:20
Got mine a few minutes a go, renamed the file to .exe, but does not work
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c393/Kal454/f306c4b4.jpg

213 MB (223,430,665 bytes) file size

The current file is no longer an installer but a .rar which is a compressed file extension, you dont need to change the extension to .exe anymore but run a unzip software.

Best regards

Prowler

skyhawka4m
August 16th, 2010, 08:23
someone really needs to make a paint of this baby:

any my payment still hasn't cleared....? wtf paypal? lol

Diego

I have 2 of this unit planned.

Carvalho
August 16th, 2010, 08:52
The current file is no longer an installer but a .rar which is a compressed file extension, you dont need to change the extension to .exe anymore but run a unzip software.

Best regards

Prowler

Thanks Prowler, works fine now.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c393/Kal454/51c80640.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c393/Kal454/75a15db6.jpg

Amazing work!:jump:

PRB
August 16th, 2010, 09:50
This is awesome! Oh, and be sure to watch all the way to the end. Particularly the HUD view during final appoach.....

XHIm3yEYdIw&feature=fvsr

Dag
August 16th, 2010, 09:51
I have 2 of this unit planned.

I started a CAG bird of VA-93 but will leave you to it, I have too many others anyway :jump:

Thanks

Stickshaker
August 16th, 2010, 10:03
Nice video Paul! HUD does what it is supposed to do. The FPM shows the way.

MenendezDiego
August 16th, 2010, 10:10
I started a CAG bird of VA-93 but will leave you to it, I have too many others anyway :jump:

Thanks

NO!!! Please finish her DAG!

I love your work

vora
August 16th, 2010, 10:25
Wasn't there a VA-86 scheme at some point of the development? If my eyes don't betray me Navy Chief has this bird even in his sig....
Anyways, I would be very grateful if one of our local artists would take her on (nostalgia... "The Final Countdown", ya know ;) )

JayKae
August 16th, 2010, 13:06
Oh boy I have an irate lady in the house lol she bought it two days ago for me as a present but was presented with 0 downloads, after her initial email and reply she has not heard anything back lol she is blaming me 'and my fly friends' .. classic:applause:

Prowler1111
August 16th, 2010, 13:11
Oh boy I have an irate lady in the house lol she bought it two days ago for me as a present but was presented with 0 downloads, after her initial email and reply she has not heard anything back lol she is blaming me 'and my fly friends' .. classic:applause:

Sorry, my fault, tell her is my fault, i´m resetting the download counter NOW

Best regards

Prowler

Montie
August 16th, 2010, 14:12
I just bought the A-7 this evening. I have only done a short flight out of NAS Whidbey so far, but I love it! Thank you for this amazing aircraft:ernae:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/Montie/FSX/razbam_a7.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/Montie/FSX/razbam_a7_2_small.jpg

Akatsuki
August 16th, 2010, 18:06
Great job Razbam, we finally got a SLUF in FSX.:jump:

Right click and select "view image" for higher resolution.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/Josquin-d/2010-8-16_4-39-14-728.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/Josquin-d/2010-8-16_4-39-54-767.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/Josquin-d/2010-8-16_4-45-48-647.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/Josquin-d/2010-8-16_4-46-40-683.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/Josquin-d/2010-8-16_4-48-2-680.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/Josquin-d/2010-8-16_4-51-8-710.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/Josquin-d/2010-8-16_4-53-44-707.jpg

Scratch
August 16th, 2010, 18:23
Thanks Prowler, works fine now.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c393/Kal454/51c80640.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c393/Kal454/75a15db6.jpg

Amazing work!:jump:

Those are some beautiful shots!!

kcgb
August 16th, 2010, 22:16
Will the patch include autosmoke, instead of having to push the 'i' key

Prowler1111
August 16th, 2010, 22:22
Autosmoke
revised HUD
Pilot´s Manual

Prowler

skyhawka4m
August 17th, 2010, 01:52
HOw about a fix for the sitting too high when sitting on the ground?

bruce448
August 17th, 2010, 02:56
HOw about a fix for the sitting too high when sitting on the ground?

Theses are the settings i'm using until the patch comes out.

[contact_points]
point.0=1, 9.77, 0.00, -7.27, 2000.1, 0, 0.9000, 46.8, 0.5500, 2.50, 2.5000, 3.0, 4.0, 0, 260.0, 260.0
point.1=1, -6.88, -4.88, -6.345, 1574.8, 1, 1.1600, 0.0, 0.6200, 2.25, 0.5456, 2.0, 4.0, 2, 260.0, 260.0
point.2=1, -6.88, 4.88, -6.345, 1574.8, 2, 1.1600, 0.0, 0.6200, 2.25, 0.5456, 4.0, 4.0, 3, 260.0, 260.0

Bruce

Quixoticish
August 17th, 2010, 07:38
A minor request I know but would we be able to have the paintkit updated with the parts for the IFR probe, and also have a layered texture file for the drop tanks/pylons etc?

parts_01, and droptanks_t are essential I would have thought.

MenendezDiego
August 17th, 2010, 10:34
I flew her last night and am in love!

I did have a minor issue though..

..if I slew the aircraft, say from the active to a parking location, once I am finished slewing and back 'in game' the aircraft bounces around like crazy. The problem can be fixed by applying power then slamming on the breaks.

This also happens when I connect to the catapult.

Also, is it me or do the textures get blurry if not looked at head on?

Regards, Diego

CG_1976
August 17th, 2010, 11:50
Finally had some A-7 time today. 1st time is a charm no flame out and no problems.

skyhawka4m
August 17th, 2010, 11:57
Theses are the settings i'm using until the patch comes out.

[contact_points]
point.0=1, 9.77, 0.00, -7.27, 2000.1, 0, 0.9000, 46.8, 0.5500, 2.50, 2.5000, 3.0, 4.0, 0, 260.0, 260.0
point.1=1, -6.88, -4.88, -6.345, 1574.8, 1, 1.1600, 0.0, 0.6200, 2.25, 0.5456, 2.0, 4.0, 2, 260.0, 260.0
point.2=1, -6.88, 4.88, -6.345, 1574.8, 2, 1.1600, 0.0, 0.6200, 2.25, 0.5456, 4.0, 4.0, 3, 260.0, 260.0

Bruce

Bruce will this address the sitting nose high also?

bruce448
August 17th, 2010, 12:12
Bruce will this address the sitting nose high also?

for some reason mine doesn't sit nose high.

what you will need to do is change the 4th entry. 1inch equates to 0.083 (all distances are in feet). So to lower the height subtract 0.083 from the -7.27 for every inch that you want to change.

[contact_points]

Bruce

warchild
August 17th, 2010, 12:47
Thanks for catching this guys.. My bad i'm afraid. i overlooked it when we released..

Ark
August 17th, 2010, 18:24
What carrier add-on is that in the A-7 Preview vid posted a short time ago?

THe A-7 looks great! Think I might pick this one up.

bruce448
August 18th, 2010, 05:15
Playing with this one still a fair bit to do.

BOOM
August 18th, 2010, 08:28
Looks great bruce!! Love the "USED/WEATHERED" Look

ZEUS67
August 18th, 2010, 15:24
Ok people. Here's the latest regarding the Pilot's Manual.

I've just finished the Instruments and Navigation sections. These include instructions in the use of radar, and HSI allowing you people to navigate in the dark and over the sea.

All of this is good stuff. Now come the best stuff: Weapons!!:tgun2:

All that's remaining to put down are the ASCU and ARMAMENT PANEL with instructions on loadouts, weapons selection and dropping ordnance on cue.

This part is as big as the previous one, so please be patient. I'm working my fingers to bloody stumps to get this thing done as fast as I can.

regards

RobH
August 18th, 2010, 16:27
Great looking paint Bruce!

Thanks for your hard work Zeus. I'm not much of a Jet Jock, so I need the manual bad, LOL!

RobH
August 18th, 2010, 18:10
I flew her last night and am in love!

I did have a minor issue though..

..if I slew the aircraft, say from the active to a parking location, once I am finished slewing and back 'in game' the aircraft bounces around like crazy. The problem can be fixed by applying power then slamming on the breaks.

This also happens when I connect to the catapult.

Regards, Diego

Your not alone with this problem Diego. I hope the patch will fix it.

atf300
August 19th, 2010, 02:59
when's the ETA on the patch ??

BOOM
August 19th, 2010, 07:03
Does this baby have speedbrakes?

Stickshaker
August 19th, 2010, 07:40
Good point! In Paul's movie I saw a big underfuselage brake but I didn't see it on the virtual plane.

Quixoticish
August 19th, 2010, 07:55
The air brake works just fine here?

ZEUS67
August 19th, 2010, 10:51
Does this baby have speedbrakes?

Good point! In Paul's movie I saw a big underfuselage brake but I didn't see it on the virtual plane.

The aircraft has airbrakes. There are two ways to activate them. One is for using the assigned keyboard combination for Activate Spoilers. The other one is to click a small button on the throttle.

The keyboard is faster but only has two settings: fully open or fully closed. The throttle button allows you to extend the speed brake to any point between 0 and 60 degrees.

bruce448
August 19th, 2010, 11:48
VA-37

Bruce

Lenny
August 19th, 2010, 11:59
The aircraft has airbrakes. There are two ways to activate them. One is for using the assigned keyboard combination for Activate Spoilers. The other one is to click a small button on the throttle.

The keyboard is faster but only has two settings: fully open or fully closed. The throttle button allows you to extend the speed brake to any point between 0 and 60 degrees.

You can also assign an Controller-axis to operate the speed brake/air brake. I use the slider on my Saitek X52 Pro Throttle as the air brake switch.

Go into your axis assignments under the controller settings in FSX, and assign your Spoiler axis to the slider on your throttle, if you have off course an controller with an slider on it.

By this way, I can gradually open/close the air brakes.

ZEUS67
August 19th, 2010, 12:10
One very important point regarding the air brake is that it is only operational when the wheels are up. If you lower the landing gear, the air brake will automatically retract to its fully closed position and won't be operational until you retract the landing gear.

Navy Chief
August 19th, 2010, 17:18
VA-37

Bruce

GASP!!! Beautiful!

NC

PRB
August 19th, 2010, 18:52
Photo Op, change of command!

Stickshaker
August 20th, 2010, 01:48
One very important point regarding the air brake is that it is only operational when the wheels are up. If you lower the landing gear, the air brake will automatically retract to its fully closed position and won't be operational until you retract the landing gear.

Thanks for this info, Zeus.

warchild
August 20th, 2010, 02:02
Razbam contacted me and asked me to look into the hopping problem. Apparently when i did the original FDE last weekend, i overlooked a couple things. As is, I've changed contact points for the nose wheel, static CG height and static pitch angle so that there is no difference in plane posture between normal and slew mode. i believe the changes will eliminate the bouncing problem.
I must apologize to you all as the blame for this rests entirely with me. I tried doing too much in too little of a time frame, and things got missed. i hope you all will forgive me for that.
Pam

jim
August 20th, 2010, 03:45
When are they going to release the update & owners manual?

mathieu
August 20th, 2010, 04:42
Hi guys,
I did not find the lines corresponding to the nav_light in the 'aircraft.cfg'
Indeed, on my desktop, these lights (the green one and the red one) are really too large.
I would wish to use 'the 3D LIGHTS' of A2A.
Anyone has an idea ?

mathieu

Prowler1111
August 20th, 2010, 07:20
Gents:
update/patch will include the following

Pilot´s aircraft manual
corrected cfg contact points (solution for the "bouncing" bug
interior lights effects (missing in original release)
auto engine exhaust smoke
engine damage and "flameout" taken out of the equation, due to many complaints regarding this, we decided to "dumb down" the aircraft, apparently, not too many are enjoying it.Now you get just a Master Caution warning light with the pertinent caution light in the advisory panel.I was about to start a poll regarding this,but decided not to at the end.
Revised jettison function, made it better
Revised AOA indexer
Revised HUD

Date of release, Monday/Tuesday next week, I´m sorry it took this long (1 week more than advertised) but i wanted it to be patched only once.

Best regards

Prowler

Prowler1111
August 20th, 2010, 07:24
Hi guys,
I did not find the lines corresponding to the nav_light in the 'aircraft.cfg'
Indeed, on my desktop, these lights (the green one and the red one) are really too large.
I would wish to use 'the 3D LIGHTS' of A2A.
Anyone has an idea ?

mathieu

External lights (sans beacon lights) are all hard coded due to certain characteristics of them, for instance, all the wing lights have to be hard coded or they will not follow the wing tip when folded. As for the tail light, it can be either static or flashing (you got the switch at the lights panel), so in order for that to happen, you have to use a hard coded light. Sorry for that.

Best regards

Prowler

JAllen
August 20th, 2010, 07:42
"engine damage and "flameout" taken out of the equation"
Sorry to hear that! I for one would like to have a way to put it back in. A software switch or something. Is it possible without you doing another patch? If not thats fine too.

Jim

Prowler1111
August 20th, 2010, 07:47
Well, it´s up to you,many are complaining about this, we know is the right thing, that´s what happens, but when people start complaining how they are NOT enjoying their purchase, it makes you wonder what´s really going on..

If i see enough people in favor of sticking with it, we´ll stick with it, if not, we´ll dumb down the aircraft.
there is no way to implement a switch in the plane, sorry for that.

Best regards
Prowler

Carvalho
August 20th, 2010, 08:14
Agree with Jim, I like ''the right thing'', as close as possible.

strykerpsg
August 20th, 2010, 08:19
"engine damage and "flameout" taken out of the equation"
Sorry to hear that! I for one would like to have a way to put it back in. A software switch or something. Is it possible without you doing another patch? If not thats fine too.

Jim

I for one would agree with some sort of switch. I didn't dig the flameouts but only because I couldn't get the engines to restart. However, since a manual is forthcoming, I am certain that could be addressed in the manual. I truly liked the authenticity, as I have a habit of zooming at max throttle, without restrictions, the flameout potential has the ability to force me to be more of a thinking pilot versus a dumbed down grunt. I vote to keep it in.

Matt

Quixoticish
August 20th, 2010, 08:20
Keep the flame out effects, or make it toggle-able. I love it.

Also, is there any chance of parts_01, and droptanks_t being included in the paintkit? Pretty please? ;)

kilo delta
August 20th, 2010, 08:21
Real deal experience for me too...after all IT IS a simulation. ;)
I've only had one flamout thus far..but made a beautifully executed dead stick landing afterwards! :d

JAllen
August 20th, 2010, 08:26
First flight, launch to touchdown, no problems. My son flew her with no problem and he didn't know the engine would quit. Don't dumb down the A7 let's smart up the pilots. All of us are more than smart enough. Now if I could only hit the carrier!!!

As for the rest, make a dumb down patch for them.

Jim

Prowler1111
August 20th, 2010, 08:36
Ok, i´m running a poll at our support forums:

Realism Poll (http://forum.razbam.org/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=631)

Best regards

Prowler

AndyE1976
August 20th, 2010, 09:04
Definitely keep it realistic, if it's a config change then perhaps ship an alternate 'dumb' config.

hschuit
August 20th, 2010, 09:19
Ok, i´m running a poll at our support forums:

Realism Poll (http://forum.razbam.org/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=631)

Best regards

Prowler

Thank you Ron, I just casted my vote... that makes it 4 votes for realistic vs. zero for dumb sofar:wiggle:

Prowler1111
August 20th, 2010, 09:27
A bit of trivia,in option 2 that´s the exact phrase a customer used when addressing the "hard to fly" issue..

Prowler

JAllen
August 20th, 2010, 09:55
I will vote on your forum as soon as OldCrow47 gets registered. Thank you Ron!

How many jets in FS will flameout when we abuse them? Your A7 is unique I believe.

Jim

txnetcop
August 20th, 2010, 09:56
Keep the flame out effects, or make it toggle-able. I love it.

Also, is there any chance of parts_01, and droptanks_t being included in the paintkit? Pretty please? ;)

I agree with Chris on this one! Please keep it or by toggle

skyhawka4m
August 20th, 2010, 09:58
Can and cfg file be supplied to those who wish to lose the effect?

Prowler1111
August 20th, 2010, 10:04
It´s not in the CFG, it´s hard coded in the modeldef.xml...

Prowler

PRB
August 20th, 2010, 10:12
Keep it realistic! Love it that way. Pam did a great job.

hschuit
August 20th, 2010, 10:14
I will vote on your forum as soon as OldCrow47 gets registered. Thank you Ron!
How many jets in FS will flameout when we abuse them? Your A7 is unique I believe.

Jim

There is at least one more: The Cloud9 FIAT G91 Light Tactical Fighter (came out in 2004). During the take off run, the throttle must be advanced slowly and you must stay below 100% N1. When you move the throttle full forward that will cause an engine compressor stall with total engine loss. During flight, keeping N1 above 100% will also cause an engine failure. Only 5 minutes up to 105% N1 is allowed for emergency.

Rattler
August 20th, 2010, 10:26
Well, it´s up to you,many are complaining about this, we know is the right thing, that´s what happens, but when people start complaining how they are NOT enjoying their purchase, it makes you wonder what´s really going on..

If i see enough people in favor of sticking with it, we´ll stick with it, if not, we´ll dumb down the aircraft.
there is no way to implement a switch in the plane, sorry for that.

Best regards
Prowler Why cant both Options Be made Available?
As far as having to "Dumb Down" the Aircraft, I`m not sure how to respond to that, So Because Someone experiences engine Failures that somehow We are too Dumb to Fly the Plane? Poor Choice of words there:salute: IMO, I am for Both Options, For those of us "Dumb it down" types

Prowler1111
August 20th, 2010, 10:33
Why cant both Options Be made Available?
As far as having to "Dumb Down" the Aircraft, I`m not sure how to respond to that, So Because Someone expierences engine Failures that somehow We are too Dumb to Fly the Plane? Poor Choice of words there:salute: IMO, I am for Both Options, For those of us "Dumb it down" types

Rattler:
Don´t take it like that, i´m not referring to customers as dumb, i´m referring as such to the aircraft, maybe you´re right, poor choice of words, and for that i apologize. It´s not possible to release 2 different models, no way, no can do, it´s a 3d gauge that controls it all, it´s either easy or realistic, it´s a hell of a code to convert, and it´s part of an integer system connected all over the aircraft from normal gauges, to weapons release code.

Best regards

Prowler

skyhawka4m
August 20th, 2010, 11:19
Well I was hoping to be able to fly this jet alot more than I will be. I've also decied to hold off on any paints.

Its too bad that such a nice aircraft, even with some on the ramp issues, has been made so complicated.

Back into my Pitts......

Dag
August 20th, 2010, 11:47
I'm for the realistic mode and will do paints no matter the decision. I was on the Gina and 104 back in the days of Cloud9 and I loved both. This A-7 brought back some of the memories :-) Off to vote!

warchild
August 20th, 2010, 12:12

Love the complement, but i didnt do the effect.. I just set the engine up correctly which made it possible for the effect to work right.. i honestly didnt even know the effect was there.. i must admit, it caught me off guard as well when i did my calvin and hobbes great samurai dive on Cam Ranh Bay and went down big time. I'll know better next time..

gentlemen and ladies, i dont mean anything negative in any way towards anyone, and i think most of you know that about me, but just in regards to my flight model on this plane, before it was released, I did state that it was not a plane for beginners or very casual fliers, and the flameout effect simply adds to that. You need to throttle back to 94% or the turbines will overheat and die.. I personally dont think thats a lot of work, and its realistic.. I'm certainly not going to let it dampen my opinion of this plane nor am i going to let it stop me from flying it in the future.. I hope none of the rest of you do either, because irregardless of the realities, its a great plane to fly.

Carvalho
August 20th, 2010, 12:20

Agree, and I will vote on the poll as soon as Carvalho gets registered.

ZEUS67
August 20th, 2010, 12:22
Wow. I never though that a decision to create a realistic engine created such a disturbance. I like my simulations to be as close to real as possible. When Pam gave us that engine overheat caution i was like "Man. That's cool. I wonder what happens when the engine overheats?" So I dived into the natops and saw that the engine suffered damage.
I wanted it to be incremental, but FSX gave me an all or nothing proposition, so there you have it.

You abuse the engine, she will quit on you. Just like a real lady. Don't abuse her.

forgeknight
August 20th, 2010, 12:46
I have to admit I'm still on the fence about buying this one. But I can gurantee I won't buy it if it gets "dumbed down", if I want a simplified plane I can fly the base fsx hanger birds. There is a reason A2A accusim is so widely accepted, and why more and more devs are pushing for realism, the majority of us want that level of realism in the sim. If you want simple, go buy an Xbox or port in some FS9 birds.

Sundog
August 20th, 2010, 12:51
I haven't bought it, yet. Short on funds. But why not keep the realistic FDE for those of us who like real and release an optional patch for those who just want to fly? It's the best of both worlds.

I would like the realistic FDE to be available when I can buy it.

Quixoticish
August 20th, 2010, 13:02
At the end of the day it really isn't a hard thing to just watch how hard you push the engine. There's more than enough power even on take off to enjoy flying without ever really advancing past 90% on the throttle, so there is absolutely no excuse for not being able to fly the aircraft properly.

I believe that releasing the manual and asking people to read it will help clear things up. After that I'm sure that those complaining about the engine flame-outs will be in a minority compared to those of us who appreciate the extra effort.

Rattler
August 20th, 2010, 13:13
I can See where this is going, No problem Here. It is what it is:monkies::monkies::monkies: Maybe I can Get My 10 year old to teach me how to fly:173go1::173go1::173go1:

heywooood
August 20th, 2010, 13:20
same problem as with the default Mustang racer...people think you have to firewall the throttle to take off or fly as fast as possible and it just isn't so and in the P-51 racer you cook the engine at full throttle (with the realism setting ticked 'on') because that is the way it really is.

you have to fly the engine people - not just the airframe - and that's what I like about FSX...that manifold pressure and engine temps mean something.

Now that I see the A-7 has this feature (NOT BUG) included - I will definitely purchase it

Scratch
August 20th, 2010, 13:32
Real deal experience for me too...after all IT IS a simulation. ;)
I've only had one flamout thus far..but made a beautifully executed dead stick landing afterwards! :d

I finally got to fly it last night and had a really nice flight for about 30 min. then a flameout. I had 30 thousand feet to try to find out what caused it/restart while at the same time trying to look outside the cockpit for the nearest airfield. Made it all the way too about 1500' gear/flaps down and at about 160 knots it turned into a brick and pancaked a half mile short of the strip.

That was the most fun I have ever had crashing an airplane! I'll pay closer attention to the throttle next time. I really like this a/c:salute:

VCN-1
August 20th, 2010, 13:34
Please don't dumb it down.

VCN-1

doublecool
August 20th, 2010, 13:51
Funny how your efforts on realism is one of the things that made me want this Beauty in the first place.

Akatsuki
August 20th, 2010, 14:05
Please do not disable that feature, she's perfect that way.:salute:

PRB
August 20th, 2010, 14:31
Heck, jet engines are easy to not blow up, compared to their piston powered predecessors. Just one lever to yank and push on! I kind of like having to baby that old TF-30 (TF-41?) motor. It was a bit finicky, after all. And you only have one, so if you ruin it, you're walking home!

warchild
August 20th, 2010, 14:56
Yeah, the TF-30 was used on the B model, we made the D and E models which use the TF-41 engines..

djscoo
August 20th, 2010, 17:32
I'm really enjoying this bird, my only complaint is how complicated the load editor is. I figured out how to get it up and running, but it is a pretty long ordeal just to figure out what combinations of W,X,Y,Z,1,2,3,4,5,6,G,H,B,etc,etc... to use. I assume that all will be made clear once the full manual comes out, but in the mean time, am I missing some sort of instructions, or is everyone else in the same boat?

PRB
August 20th, 2010, 17:42
I'm really enjoying this bird, my only complaint is how complicated the load editor is. I figured out how to get it up and running, but it is a pretty long ordeal just to figure out what combinations of W,X,Y,Z,1,2,3,4,5,6,G,H,B,etc,etc... to use. I assume that all will be made clear once the full manual comes out, but in the mean time, am I missing some sort of instructions, or is everyone else in the same boat?

Yes, we're all in the same boat. The cool thing is that all those letters and numbers is exactly how the real thing worked. Without a manual it's difficult to decode. Back in the dark ages (1983), we would input those codes into the plane, the do the systems checks on the plane to make sure everything was working properly before the ordnance people loaded the actual bombs on the plane. We would connect test equipment to the pylon stations, apply power to the jet, "simulate" weight off wheels by overriding the WoW contach switch, select the station, arming, fuzing, then hit the bomb button and read voltage at the station. I expect the manual will make things a bit less fuzzy.

djscoo
August 20th, 2010, 17:45
Yes, we're all in the same boat. The cool thing is that all those letters and numbers is exactly how the real thing worked. Without a manual it's difficult to decode. Back in the dark ages (1983), we would input those codes into the plane, the do the systems checks on the plane to make sure everything was working properly before the ordnance people loaded the actual bombs on the plane. We would connect test equipment to the pylon stations, apply power to the jet, "simulate" weight off wheels by overriding the WoW contach switch, select the station, arming, fuzing, then hit the bomb button and read voltage at the station. I expect the manual will make things a bit less fuzzy.

Good to know.
I suspected the panel was a recreation of a real piece of equipment. :ernae:

Rattler
August 20th, 2010, 21:02
well it would have been nice to have had the Option but, I understand.... She still is a Beauty and I will have to learn how to Deal... Thanks for Listening Though... Hope I didnt offend anyone buy Speaking my mind on the matter, but the Question was asked.... Oh Well, See you up there:salute::salute::salute:

Ark
August 20th, 2010, 21:03
I vote for keeping the realism high. In fact, the reason I don't buy more military aircraft for FS is because there was never really seemed to be that extra dimension of flight management. It always seemed like a "firewall the throttle and blast-off!" sort of experience. Engine management and good avionics fidelity is what makes military aircraft appealig to me. Take that out and I might as well just stick with airliners/corporate jets.

The top aircraft in the FS add-on industry seem to be those with a focus on realism.

I was going to purchase toight, however, since this may be removed from the aircraft, I think I am going to hold off for a while and see what happens with the patch.

Ark
August 20th, 2010, 21:09

What carrier add-on is that?

Thanks!

hschuit
August 20th, 2010, 23:32
What carrier add-on is that?

Thanks!

That is a must have, amazing quality piece of freeware by Javier Fernandez. Here is the link to get it at Simviation:

FSX Acceleration USS Nimitz & USS Eisenhower High Detail Moving AI Carriers
(http://www.simviation.com/simviation/download.php?ID=5266)116.35Mb (36117 downloads)
FSX Acceleration USS Nimitz & USS Eisenhower High Detail Moving AI Carriers Highly detailed AI moving aircraft carriers USS Nimitz and USS Eisenhower for FSX Acceleration. Features a working elevator, 4 cables and catapults. Included multiple deck configurations. Aircraft on the deck include SH-60, E-2C, T-45 and four variants of F/A-18 of CVW7 and CVW11. Recommended usage with Lamont Clark's AIcarriers2. By Javier Fernandez.
AI Carriers 2 here: http://www.simviation.com/simviation/static.php?ID=200&page=

Stickshaker
August 21st, 2010, 01:51
Keep it realistic! I'll vote as soon as I am registered.

dswo
August 21st, 2010, 02:26
I've been keen on this ever since MirageIII2009's video. One thing I don't think has been commented on yet are the framerates: how are they compared with other payware you own?

hschuit
August 21st, 2010, 02:32
I've been keen on this ever since MirageIII2009's video. One thing I don't think has been commented on yet are the framerates: how are they compared with other payware you own?

Outstanding, better than the stock FSX/A Hornet.

Dag
August 21st, 2010, 02:43
On my system (I7-860) it is better then the aerosoft F-16. I have the sim locked at 30 and when i activate the HUD it drops 2-3 frames at most.

Thanks

kilo delta
August 21st, 2010, 12:10
A world of repaint ideas HERE (http://www.fader.dyndns.org/wings/27-USAF/006-Corsair.htm) and HERE (http://www.fader.dyndns.org/wings/21-USNavy/021-Corsair2.htm) .

Dain Arns
August 21st, 2010, 12:40
I'd love to do the South Dakota Air Guard ones, someday.
I have some great memories of watching the A-7 traffic to/from Joe Foss Field from my Grandparents place growing up.

SolarEagle
August 21st, 2010, 12:55
I'd love to do the South Dakota Air Guard ones, someday
I have some great memories of watching the A-7 traffic to/from Joe Foss Field from my Grandparents place growing up.

You lived in sioux falls? Me too, and I still do!

RobH
August 21st, 2010, 15:10
Had to do a Shark mouth version:salute: This one is from VA-93.

Scratch
August 21st, 2010, 15:15
Had to do a Shark mouth version:salute: This one is from VA-93.

Beautiful!!!!!:ernae:

BOOM
August 21st, 2010, 16:09
RobH,Now that's a KEEPER!!! Nice!!!:jump:

doublecool
August 21st, 2010, 18:31
This bird is a blast...16263162641626516267