PDA

View Full Version : DFW T.28 Floh is available

Baron von Blutwurst
September 30th, 2008, 12:54
Hi again folks, with the Outhouse crash, my threads regarding this plane were lost so I'm combining them into one new thread. For all those who have purchased the bird already, Thank you!!.:applause:
I have 17 special offers left to go before it becomes a standard FS9 model package.:jump: click my sig to goto my site for details and to view a very nice movie by or own SimFreak Erik.:ernae:

Here's a few new shots of the plane and a WIP of a GeeBeeWannaBeeFlea paint:d

Cheers:ernae:
Randy

huub vink
September 30th, 2008, 14:35
Okay Randy, I decided to accept your challenge and do a repaint for the Floh from scratch.
I have choosen to do a repaint for the famous "Ritmeister Werner von Wiener-Schnitzel" ;).

As you can clearly see I have just started to apply some lozenge on the top wing, so don't expect to see any real results before the weekend.

Cheers,
Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/schnitzel_1.jpg

Baron von Blutwurst
September 30th, 2008, 15:14
:costumes:That looks very cool Huub.:ernae: The lower_Right_wing_t.bmp and the Upper_Right_wing_t.bmp are mirrored for the surface textures Huub. That might save you some time m8.:d You cant miss on the plywood formers if you follow my tapes too. If you notice,the fabric sag is actually modeled.:kilroy:

Cheers
Randy

Flyboy208
September 30th, 2008, 16:23
Brilliant work both Randy & Huub! Cheers ! Mike :medals::wavey:

Baron von Blutwurst
September 30th, 2008, 21:06
Thanks Mike. I'm looking forward to Huub's paint.:kilroy::d

huub vink
October 1st, 2008, 01:03
The lower_Right_wing_t.bmp and the Upper_Right_wing_t.bmp are mirrored for the surface textures Huub. That might save you some time m8. You cant miss on the plywood formers if you follow my tapes too. If you notice,the fabric sag is actually modeled.:kilroy:

Cheers
Randy

Thanks, I had noticed Randy, however it gives a bit weird effect when you mirror the lozenge pattern on the wings. As I added some shadow to the fabric saw I could not mirror this as well. It is very strange when the light comes from the left on one wing and from the right on the other one ;).
However as the lay-out is exactly the same it saved me quite some time on the basic things.

As you might have understood already, my repaint will be purely fictional and based purely on my imagination. I try to make something recognisable, but hopefully also a bit cartoonish.

Cheers,
Huub

Baron von Blutwurst
October 1st, 2008, 01:12
I like the looks of it Huub....the only other schemes left for this bird are the fictional ones..:costumes::d The mirroring was done on purpose to make getting all the lines in place with minimal effort too. I'm looking forward to seeing this scheme in my sim soon too.:d:applause:

Cheers
Randy

mikew
October 1st, 2008, 02:19
Huub graciously gave me permission to post the paint I've been working on. It to has the lozenge camo as well and I didn't want to step on his work. So here are some in progress screens of the T28 dressed up in the livery of Jasta 17. This particular paint is patterned after the Fokker D-VII of Ltn Gunther Schuster. I still want to add the seam taping and touch up a few things...

Mike

Baron von Blutwurst
October 1st, 2008, 02:30
I love it Mike..that is wicked looking.:ernae::applause:

Cazzie
October 1st, 2008, 04:12
That's great stuff Huub and Mike! Surely they are to be uploaded?

Now that I have Huub's Lozenge layers (thanks Huub, after all of our efforts, it finally paid off), I must get to work on a Floh myself. My first may not incorporate the lozenge, however, my mind has more dastardly deeds in store. :d

Caz

huub vink
October 1st, 2008, 10:20
Nice repaint Mike, you are obviously much closer to upload than I am.

There is really no reason to ask my permission when you want to upload screenies from a repaint. The repaints will both have "lozenge" wings, but I guess that is about all they will have in common :costumes:.

This evening I have found an extra challenge..... I do my repaints on my old PC. This evening it has already crashed 4 times :banghead:.

(Why do I always remember I should have save things when it is already too late :banghead: :costumes:)

Huub

kurt190
October 1st, 2008, 11:33
That's great stuff Huub and Mike! Surely they are to be uploaded?

Now that I have Huub's Lozenge layers (thanks Huub, after all of our efforts, it finally paid off), I must get to work on a Floh myself. My first may not incorporate the lozenge, however, my mind has more dastardly deeds in store. :d

Caz

I hope you are not forgetting the canine side kick!

kurt

Cazzie
October 1st, 2008, 13:09
I hope you are not forgetting the canine side kick!

kurt

SazBzvQ0ZAM&feature=related

kurt190
October 1st, 2008, 13:30
Excellent!

max_thehitman
October 1st, 2008, 17:18
SUPERB In every curve and wing wire!! :ernae:

mikew
October 1st, 2008, 18:14
Hey guys,

Thanks for the comments. I've got some more work to do on the Flea but now it's off to bed..work comes early!

Randy... Thanks for the help and advice on the lower wing alignment.

Regards,

Mike

Baron von Blutwurst
October 1st, 2008, 21:48
Anytime Mike. I'm glad too help m8.:ernae:
I've uploaded a new paint to the Outhouse and just waiting for confirmation. It the Floh as a "Bob", a Russian Nieuport 17 of the 19th Squadron,(Death or Glory). Have fun with it folks.

Cheers
Randy

Baron von Blutwurst
October 2nd, 2008, 05:39
It's up in the Downloads section for you folks.:d

Cheers
Randy

Flyboy208
October 2nd, 2008, 07:10
It's up in the Downloads section for you folks.:d

Cheers
Randy

Sweet! Thanks Randy, will post some screenshots tonight. Mike :applause::ernae:

Flyboy208
October 2nd, 2008, 19:04
Love this livery Randy, will send you the original size image via E-Mail.

Cheers! Mike :ernae:

EMatheson
October 3rd, 2008, 07:59
Love this livery Randy, will send you the original size image via E-Mail.

Cheers! Mike :ernae:
what scenery is that and where can I get it?

Baron von Blutwurst
October 3rd, 2008, 15:02
Thanks Mike...great shot chief. :applause: Is that the Alphasim WWI scenery or is that Golden Wings?

Cheers
Randy

Flyboy208
October 3rd, 2008, 15:13
Thanks Randy, Check your PM's. See Ya! Mike :wiggle:

huub vink
October 4th, 2008, 10:53
Looking forward to "paint" all those nails :banghead:.

It starts to look like something, but I ran into some problems with the band around the fuselage.

Still a long way to so, but I thought you might like to see some teasers already.

Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/floh1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/floh2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/floh3.jpg

Flyboy208
October 4th, 2008, 16:22
Very nice Huub! Mike :applause:

Baron von Blutwurst
October 4th, 2008, 17:12
That paint looks awesome Huub...check your email too m8, sent you a cheat sheet for the striping.:ernae:

Cheers
Randy

Epsillon
October 4th, 2008, 20:28
This repaint looks great, Huub!:applause::applause::applause:
I can't wait to fly it...

Best regards,

Stephan

huub vink
October 5th, 2008, 01:31
Thanks for the nice words and the "cheat sheets". (I had received the one for the lower wings via Mike Wilson as well, but didn't open my private e-mail until this morning :redf:).

Actully I did spend quite some time to align the pattern from the lozenge and ailerons, until I realised that it isn't very realistic to expect that the people bothered to get the pattern in line on items which were most likely produced seperately :banghead: .

Weather is awful here, so I think I can hit quite some nails in the plywood today :costumes:. But I'm afraid there is too much to do so it won't be ready this weekend.
I also have to make a choice whether I will use the earlier "Maltezer Kreuz" markings or the later "straight" crosses.

Huub

Baron von Blutwurst
October 5th, 2008, 02:22
No problem Huub....just as a bit of research I can pass on about the lozenge, the wing lozenge should run Chordwise,(front to rear), and the aileron was applied spanwise,left to right). The patterns never matched just as you thought.:d:ernae:

Cheers
Randy

Baron von Blutwurst
October 7th, 2008, 10:12
Getting busy on the FSX conversion...woohoo:ernae:

huub vink
October 7th, 2008, 14:27
While you work on the FSX version I continue with this project. I just slammed 629 nails and rivets in the fuselage this evening :costumes:

Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/floh_schnitzel3.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/floh_schnitzel4.jpg

Baron von Blutwurst
October 7th, 2008, 21:01
She's looking fantastic Huub...

to be honest, I'd rather be painting than doing an FSX version right about now...lol:ernae:

Epsillon
October 7th, 2008, 21:51
It's getting better and better, Huub! :ernae:

NAMBUS
October 9th, 2008, 01:50
That's looking great Huub.
Looking forward to it.
Re all the nails etc, I think that building aircraft of this era was a bit like building fine antique furniture but on a much larger scale.
I wonder how many nails and rivets there were in something like a Zepplin Staaken R plane!

EMatheson
February 19th, 2009, 18:52
what ever happened to the GeeBeeWannaBee paint in the opening topic of the thread? I want it badly!

Baron von Blutwurst
February 20th, 2009, 05:02
Hi EM, I had almost forgotten about that paint...I'll finish it up over the weekend and upload it here for you. :ernae:

Cheers
Randy

Odie
February 20th, 2009, 08:55
Herr Baron, just picked it up....will load it out this evening ! Looks like an interesting aircraft !

Huub, the repaint looks great !

huub vink
February 20th, 2009, 14:22
Thanks for for the nice words Odie! If you like it; I did a second repaint for this model which is only available at http://www.screenshotworld.com/forum/index.php?autocom=downloads

Enjoy,
Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/mai2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/Mai1.jpg