PDA

View Full Version : Milviz A-10A Warthog Preview 13 August, 2010

Roadburner440
August 13th, 2010, 13:27
Good evening folks, and here we are on the precipice of another weekend. As most know we are wrapping up development on the Cessna 310 (just so you are not hitting refresh countless times we do not anticipate release being anytime before a week from today), so we are pulling the curtains back on yet another project. This model has been in poly reduction for awhile now, and is nearly complete enough to send out for coding. Only other updates really is that the Chinook's model is nearing completion. Within the next week or 2 there will be more preview shots of that, and it will be wrapped up and shipped off for coding. The A-109 is still undergoing modeling work on the Medivac version. Finally we anticipate in the next month or so to start back on the F-15 project after a brief pause. So keep your eyes and ears open for all our upcoming stuff. Hopefully everyone has a good weekend, and as always comments are welcome. Just remember it is still a work in progress.

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/Roadburner426/A-10/chin7.jpg

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/Roadburner426/A-10/chin8.jpg

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/Roadburner426/A-10/chin9.jpg

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/Roadburner426/A-10/chin10.jpg

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/Roadburner426/A-10/chin11.jpg

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/Roadburner426/A-10/chin12.jpg

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/Roadburner426/A-10/chin13.jpg

empeck
August 13th, 2010, 13:37
Wow, third one :)

Now we have to wait and see which one's avionics will be most advanced. :wiggle:

Roadburner440
August 13th, 2010, 13:48
Yeah.. unfortunately that is the bad thing about holding onto projects to long before doing reveals. Cause we had this one in our stock of models but had it in poly reduction to be put into FSX. Competition is always good though. Right now as far as the avionics go there is no solid plan. It is obviously the older steam gauge bird so it will at a minimum use basic NAVAIDs and such. In the end it really all comes down to how much information we have access to is how in depth the aircraft gets.

Lenny
August 13th, 2010, 14:07
Wow, 2010 the year of the Warthog? :kilroy:

AndyE1976
August 13th, 2010, 14:11
These things are like buses! At least the two we've seen so far apear to be amazing quality.

michael davies
August 13th, 2010, 14:20
These things are like buses! At least the two we've seen so far apear to be amazing quality.

No need to dilute the boards with any more images then :).

empeck
August 13th, 2010, 14:21
No need to dilute the boards with any more images then :).

Don't be so shy, show us something ;)

michael davies
August 13th, 2010, 14:32
Don't be so shy, show us something ;)

Bad form in someone else's thread and not my remit to start another, besides this pond is now a little over crowded don't you think LOL.

Aerosoft have a strict hierachy with regards to public viewings so it'll be 'over there' if they decide to show any updated images.

Kindest

Michael

PS I've also just realised its Friday the 13th, now how apt is that !.

kilo delta
August 13th, 2010, 14:33
In the end it really all comes down to how much information we have access to is how in depth the aircraft gets.

The flight manual is readily available on the 'net (for the A model at least)...though you probably already own a copy? :)

krazycolin
August 13th, 2010, 14:57
We have the flight manual for the A and the C. we are not, however, doing the C.

Michael, I didn't realize you were working on the A-10 for Aerosoft...????

Thanks,

empeck
August 13th, 2010, 15:00
Bad form in someone else's thread and not my remit to start another, besides this pond is now a little over crowded don't you think LOL.

I didn't wanted you to show something in this thread ;)

Aerosoft have a strict hierachy with regards to public viewings so it'll be 'over there' if they decide to show any updated images.

I understand.

PS I've also just realised its Friday the 13th, now how apt is that !.

It's already Saturday over here :D

michael davies
August 13th, 2010, 15:53
We have the flight manual for the A and the C. we are not, however, doing the C.

Michael, I didn't realize you were working on the A-10 for Aerosoft...????

Thanks,

Well !, isn't the world full of suprises today :engel016:.

Little bit here, little bit there http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mickoo/Protected/whistle.gif you know how it is, I help where I can when people knock at the door.

Kindest

Michael

skyhawka4m
August 13th, 2010, 16:26
I will own all three aircraft......I know they will all have strngths and different load outs so this is all working in my favor. Bring it on!!!!

this one looks awesome too!

MudMarine
August 13th, 2010, 17:02
I'd love to be able to open some tin-cans (t-82's) with that little bitty gun in the nose!!

I have fond memories of listening to and watching hogs on the range at Fort Indian Town Gap....BBBBRRRRRRRPPPP, BBBBBRRRRPPP, BBBBRRRRPPP!! Sounded like victory!!

skyhawka4m
August 13th, 2010, 17:08
Hey Mud......they still use that range. Actually not the PA ANG anymore since they just got rid of their last two birds about 2 weeks ago. Since then...its been very quiet here near Willow Grove. What a long history at Willow Grove and now its silent......very sad.

PRB
August 13th, 2010, 17:12
Oops... Too many A-10 threads... Nevermind...

heywooood
August 13th, 2010, 17:44
Hogs Wild

I don't see a problem - bring them all into the octagon

PRB
August 13th, 2010, 17:45
Hogs Wild

I don't see a problem - bring them all into the octagon

I made a post in this thread about the other A-10 by accident because I wasn't paying attention... :icon_lol:

heywooood
August 13th, 2010, 18:45
man I can't count how many times I've done that....

sometimes my remarks fit accidentally with the subject at hand - so I skate by with it....

other times....not so much

MudMarine
August 13th, 2010, 18:50
Hey Mud......they still use that range. Actually not the PA ANG anymore since they just got rid of their last two birds about 2 weeks ago. Since then...its been very quiet here near Willow Grove. What a long history at Willow Grove and now its silent......very sad.

Sad!

Roadburner440
August 13th, 2010, 19:37
Could be worse like you said. At least it was related to the thread, lol. I am just glad that even though there is more than one aircraft in the works right now that at least they are 2 different sub models. I myself like the older steam gauge driven aircraft. While glass panels are cool there is just something about an aircraft in its original form that I tend to like better. So at least people will have choice in that respect. I think the models will both be of extremely high quality. Just will come down to the type of pit, and end features like weapons and stuff. A FSX native model has been missing for years. Was hoping Aerosoft would redo theirs but I think they are just beginning to lay the frame work down for it.

michael davies
August 14th, 2010, 00:35
Could be worse like you said. At least it was related to the thread, lol. I am just glad that even though there is more than one aircraft in the works right now that at least they are 2 different sub models. I myself like the older steam gauge driven aircraft. While glass panels are cool there is just something about an aircraft in its original form that I tend to like better. So at least people will have choice in that respect. I think the models will both be of extremely high quality. Just will come down to the type of pit, and end features like weapons and stuff. A FSX native model has been missing for years. Was hoping Aerosoft would redo theirs but I think they are just beginning to lay the frame work down for it.

I think all three are going to be A models, unless I've misread the two threads here ?, thats possibly two too many and definately one too many in my books.

Re Aerosoft, just a little bit more than framework I'm afraid to say.

Best

Michael

centuryseries
August 14th, 2010, 02:26
Well all we need now are Alphasim/Virtavia to do one! :jump:

Not good for the devs - all three lots of you.

Only good for the paying public who now will have a choice...

michael davies
August 14th, 2010, 02:35
Well all we need now are Alphasim/Virtavia to do one! :jump:

You think !, I'll lay heavy odds it'll ever happen, not in this sim anyway :), The criteria for Virtavia/Alphasim to do a A-10 is already way out the ball park by a massive margin LOL, unless they see an angle everyone else has missed [wink]<WINK>.

Kindest

Michael

centuryseries
August 14th, 2010, 03:57
You think !, I'll lay heavy odds it'll ever happen, not in this sim anyway :), The criteria for Virtavia/Alphasim to do a A-10 is already way out the ball park by a massive margin LOL, unless they see an angle everyone else has missed [wink]<WINK>.

Kindest

Michael

Hi Michael,

Completely agree with you there, if only everyone spoke to each other!! I'm still more biased towards the new DCS Hog, but only for the reason that you can blow things up.

Was just joking anyway about an AS A-10 lol

I just haven't been able to release anything since 2008 lol

David.

michael davies
August 14th, 2010, 04:57
Hi Michael,

Completely agree with you there, if only everyone spoke to each other!! I'm still more biased towards the new DCS Hog, but only for the reason that you can blow things up.

Was just joking anyway about an AS A-10 lol

I just haven't been able to release anything since 2008 lol

David.

Some of us do still speak to each other, nothing 'offical' you know, perish the thought ! :), just the odd poke your head round the door now and again sort of thing, but even then when you hear someone coming some projects get covered up LOL, thats fair do's and the nature of the game.

The problem is a select few developers all fighting for the same subjects, you end up either picking the fringe and taking a risk, or picking main stream and again taking the risk of duplication.

Strangely it doesnt seem to bother the tube market, only seem's to manifest its self as a problem in the military market and I hazard thats because of substantially lower yields on that type of product.

Duplication is ok to a certain extent, if, the subject matters can have some marketing differences or niche differences, but what you have here are three almost identical A models aimed at almost the exact same market, now I'm a pretty laid back business man but even I can see math.

Kindest

Michael

krazycolin
August 14th, 2010, 05:47
There are reasons some dev's don't talk to each other which I won't get into for "fear" of being "closed" again.

Mods: this is NOT an insult nor is it an attack against anyone. If you feel that it is, I will edit it until it is not.

Now, I guess, the race is on to see who will get there first. Ours is nearly code ready... Not sure about Aerosoft's, but seeing as the Iris model is the Meshfactory model (http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/a-10-thunderbolt-ii-lwo/405985) with new texture/uv's, it probably has no VC (yet). Hence the reason they've not shown any pics of the VC though I would dearly love to see some.

It seems basically, and this is no way an insult, to be the same situation as the C-27J. External but no insides (yet). Who knows, perhaps they will sell the A-10 the same way? And leave it unfinished as well...

At least, with us, we will never charge anyone for anything that is not finished. Never.

We're moving ahead with our stuff and will keep everyone posted with updates...

michael davies
August 14th, 2010, 06:14
There are reasons some dev's don't talk to each other which I won't get into for "fear" of being "closed" again.

Mods: this is NOT an insult nor is it an attack against anyone. If you feel that it is, I will edit it until it is not.

Now, I guess, the race is on to see who will get there first. Ours is nearly code ready... Not sure about Aerosoft's, but seeing as the Iris model is the Meshfactory model (http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/a-10-thunderbolt-ii-lwo/405985) with new texture/uv's, it probably has no VC (yet). Hence the reason they've not shown any pics of the VC though I would dearly love to see some.

It seems basically, and this is no way an insult, to be the same situation as the C-27J. External but no insides (yet). Who knows, perhaps they will sell the A-10 the same way? And leave it unfinished as well...

At least, with us, we will never charge anyone for anything that is not finished. Never.

We're moving ahead with our stuff and will keep everyone posted with updates...

Colin, I know one party that will not race, perhaps pick up a little slack but never race, it is what it is, it arrives when it does.

I did initially think the IRIS one was a Milviz mesh, but then history very rarely repeats its self in these circles LOL, and I mean that in the politest of ways.

My only concern is all these buy in meshes, before long we will forget how to model ourselves and to be fair many of these 4th party meshes are made 'factory' style, few with passion or heart, those that are, need little fettling to get in sim, those that don't, require an awful lot, and I've seen more than enough to qualify that comment :).

We're a picky bunch, some of these meshes change hands three or four times before hitting the FS world, they're fast, often very good, but some how I feel they miss something ?, maybe its just me, but they all have this feel, the lines the curves, the texture maps ! oh theres a dead give away LOL, its fair to say they are a particular genre, nothing good or bad about that, but perhaps not to everyones palette LOL.

The work flow is here to stay, but perhaps at the expense of the dedicated and passionate, and invariably slower modeler ?, those that spend days on vertices's and polys being just so, truth is 99% of consumers never notice and 99% of the time it appears wasted time, but those odd little gems seem to be of a different marque and I think theres few that will disagree.

Anyway, enough dialog LOL, each to their own and each to their particular format, I've long since learned there is no right or wrong, just different.

Kindest

Michael

krazycolin
August 14th, 2010, 06:30
Just to cap that one off, we build our own models and have never, will never buy a model premade and then sell it as ours. Never.

And with that, we're good

michael davies
August 14th, 2010, 07:20
Just to cap that one off, we build our own models and have never, will never buy a model premade and then sell it as ours. Never.

And with that, we're good

I never said you did :engel016:, but there are those that do and Milviz is not the only place they shop, it goes on, it has to be accepted and aknowledged that it goes on. Like I said nothing wrong about it, it happens.

Kindest

Michael

Odie
August 14th, 2010, 08:01
Very nice looking model....looking forward to adding it to the hangar! Hogs are like Mustangs, can't have too many of 'em!

Any plans on doing the two-seater that was developed? It was an interesting design.

Roadburner440
August 14th, 2010, 08:38
Right now we have no plans on doing a 2 seater version. Really depending on the support for this aircraft we are debating whether we want to do a "lite" range product, or go all out with it. This is really dependent on community support/input. Like I said for the time being we are just kicking ideas around for this aircraft as we are still wrapping up things with the 310. Also finishing the Chinook and A-109. Those will all clear the way for this and some other projects.