PDA

View Full Version : Glass-bottomed hot air balloon takes its maiden flight...

arrowmaker
August 13th, 2010, 09:09
I'd love to take a flight in this. Definitely not for those with vertigo though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1302567/2010-Bristol-Balloon-Fiesta-Glass-bottomed-hot-air-balloon-takes-maiden-flight.html

Snuffy
August 13th, 2010, 09:21
This is way cool! Could be a blast!

Ickie
August 13th, 2010, 09:47
That is cool, I have been in hot air riggs a few times, when I was in my 20's in the 70's, lol, some of my friends use to make their own complete riggs, gondola and balloons and burners, and sell them and I went for a few trial rides, I just love how quiet it is up there and how you can hear people talk on the ground.
I was on the ground crew a few times too, I owned the truck, lol
in the early 80's my 3 friends moved to the western states (New Mexico)to fly every day or so they said, I never seen them again.

Naismith
August 13th, 2010, 12:17
No way, never, uh uh, that's would be a no no for me.
I went to the CN tower in Hogtown a couple of years back and could not stand on the glass floor. On the way back down in the elevator, the attendant advised that the whole floor was glass but that majority of it is covered over by flooring and that they rotate the glass bit.
Yuck Yuck Yuck.

And yet I am not bothered at all by being in an aircraft which statistically has probably more chance of plummeting from 6 miles up........

What a woos eh?

kilo delta
August 13th, 2010, 12:55
I'd love to go up in that...would be great for a photo op.

For all those here who are a little ...em.... apprehensive(?!!)...of heights...I'd suggest doing a few parachute/bungee jumps. The perfect antidote to fear of heights! :d

demorier
August 15th, 2010, 00:48
Great view....almost the same as looking over the side of the basket.