PDA

View Full Version : New Boeing B-797 Giant Flying Wing is Released!

Lionheart
August 13th, 2010, 02:02
Hey all,

I have just released the giant Boeing B-797 Flying Wing. This is freeware and available here in the Addons section of the SOH. If its been out a while, look under key words Boeing B-797 Lionheart.

This features a basic VC, 32bit resolution textures, (not all of them), a retracting sky-stair in the belly, 2 futuristic fuel trucks that appear 3 min's after the engines are shut down, clam shell rudders, a 'flat turning' airfile to keep passengers in outer wing seats from spilling their drinks, 3 liveries, and features the new 'FS9 Unlimited Export' system with super small switches in the VC perfectly modeled, and a giant 13 meg model file. This shatters the 65,000 polygon limit and 4MM Vertex proximity 'auto-weld' limit.

If your computer stumbles on the textures (as they are 32bit), then simply recompile with DXTBmp.exe (google that) and change their resolution to DXT-3 format.

NOTE: This is in FS2004 format. If you run in DX10, you will need to switch-out/convert the textures to upside-down DDS format textures.

NOTE2: This is an auto-installer package that also has a FSX installer option. If you wish to install this yourself, simply use Browse and locate an empty folder on your desktop and run the installer into that folder, then drag and drop the contents into FSX.

There should be a paint kit link up tomorrow.

Happy flying,

Bill
LHC

Lionheart
August 13th, 2010, 02:06
There is also a small PDF manual for it you can download seperately.

Download here; http://lionheartworld.net/bwb/Boeing_797_Manual.pdf

kilo delta
August 13th, 2010, 02:16
Thanks Bill. Off to d/l right now. Thanks for your gift to the simming community.:salute:

Lionheart
August 13th, 2010, 02:45
Thanks Bill. Off to d/l right now. Thanks for your gift to the simming community.:salute:

Most welcome. :d

Note in the cockpit screenshot, side view, the ball swivel vent and the joystick buttons, how almost perfectly round they are, and the thin-ness of the opening of the swivel vent. This is what you normally see in FSX models but could never do in FS9. Now you can with the new Unlimited Export system.

Click on the keyboards just under the instrument panel to pull them out.

Note on Landing; This is a giant plane. Be warned! You will need to set up your entry pattern long before you are 'there' at the runway. Not like a jet fighter at all....

The airfile has a 'flat turn' ability tuned into it. What this does is if you are making a turn, you can do it 'flat' with a twist type joystick or rudder pedals. This replicates what I feel Boeing would use to keep the passengers sitting in the outer wing sections from getting ill. Note also that 'moderate' flat turning will cause you to 'slide' for a bit side-ways until the craft 'grasps' its new direction of flight. Think of it as being like a giant truck on ice, making a sharp turn. It will slide a bit with 'moderate' rudder input. Its cool once you have become aquainted with how it feels when you are doing these turns.

It also turns normally if thats what you like, so no worries there.

Bill

X_eidos2
August 13th, 2010, 02:49
What's it like to build an FS9 model and not have to back-off when deciding how much detail to add? I'm having a hard time getting my head around that idea?

As beautiful as the model is, I think it will be remembered more for the technology it pioneered than anything else.

Congratulations on another project completed

JayKae
August 13th, 2010, 04:39
Oh man that is sweeeeeet

Hurricane91
August 13th, 2010, 05:05
What a sensational model! Thank you.

grunau_baby
August 13th, 2010, 05:35
Hurrying to the download section I am!!! Thanks, Bill!!!:ernae:

Lateral-G
August 13th, 2010, 05:58
That is just tooooooooooo cool.

I'll be downloading tonight!

thanks Bill! :salute::jump:

-G-

txnetcop
August 13th, 2010, 07:55
Absolutely raises the bar again on freeware Bill!
Ted

Tartuffe
August 13th, 2010, 08:18
Thanks Bill !

Lionheart
August 13th, 2010, 09:10
Most welcome guys.

Oddly, I uploaded to AVSIM also, and it disappeared...

....sniff...

XLR8
August 13th, 2010, 09:19
Is this fs9 or will it work in FSX acceleration .

papab
August 13th, 2010, 09:30
Thank you Bill!
Very unique bird I must say....

Wonderful job!!!!

Rick

dogfish
August 13th, 2010, 09:37
First time i've seen this. sure looks nice. I'll definitly be flying this today. Thanks

CG_1976
August 13th, 2010, 09:43
Thank you Lionheart, just left YZF with her. Used the whole runway but she made it.

CG_1976
August 13th, 2010, 09:59
Im having no issues with the usual glass and frames are around 35 fluid on my AMD system.

DaveWG
August 13th, 2010, 10:06
Hi Bill,

great model, but I've got a small bug-ette. With any lights on I'm getting reflective intrument panel surrounds.

Running FSX + Acceleration.

deathfromafar
August 13th, 2010, 10:35
Hi Bill,

great model, but I've got a small bug-ette. With any lights on I'm getting reflective intrument panel surrounds.

I'm having the same issue. Everything else works great!

XLR8
August 13th, 2010, 10:36
Looks great as always, Bill, but I am curious about this as well.
I have to be wary of FS9 "Glass cockpit port overs", they grind my system to a near halt. :frown:

Thanks,is the glass milky looking .

Lionheart
August 13th, 2010, 11:09
Hi Bill,

Hey guys,

Mine doesnt do this. Thats really odd.

Can you try all three plane versions and make sure every one does this? Its either only with one texture pack, or its a graphics card issue. Thats all I can figure that it is.

All 3 of mine are fine on this test. But maybe there was a bad upload, like a birp in the modem feed.

Also try experimenting with your sim. Make sure 'Reflective Textures' is ticked on.

Bill

Lionheart
August 13th, 2010, 11:23
arrghh.....

Its a FSX issue. My apologies. I have been testing in FS9. I havent tried testing it one time with the lights on in FSX. I tested it in FSX, but not with lights on..... I cant believe that.

I'll see if there is a fix for that.

Bjoern
August 13th, 2010, 11:28
Slick looking VC, Bill!

I especially like the sci-fi looking hatches. :d

deathfromafar
August 13th, 2010, 12:07
arrghh.....

Its a FSX issue. My apologies. I have been testing in FS9. I havent tried testing it one time with the lights on in FSX. I tested it in FSX, but not with lights on..... I cant believe that.

I'll see if there is a fix for that.

I concur on the lights causing the problem. Lights off, everything appears normal.

Mithrin
August 13th, 2010, 12:51
What an awesome beast!

Scratch
August 13th, 2010, 14:06
Outstanding!!!!! I bet it would look real good with a B-2 paint job on it......hint, hint:jump:

Sundog
August 13th, 2010, 16:32
WTG Bill!!

Pepere
August 13th, 2010, 17:29
Thank you Bill and company. Very nicely done! Hope you can get the light thing fixed.

David

heywooood
August 13th, 2010, 17:38
I have to throw my hat in the ring as well - I can't say what a riot it is to fly the BwB liner in FSX

getting used to taking off - maneuvering and landing her at Edwards AFB

great fun Bill

I hope there will be a wide variety of liveries for her soon from our talented painters

Lionheart
August 13th, 2010, 17:55
Thanks guys.

I did work on fixing the panel texture issue. I havent figured it out yet.

I do not remember having this issue before ever with an FS2004 plane in FSX....

Bill

Lionheart
August 13th, 2010, 18:57
Paint kit is up. A huge 324 megs... arrgh.

http://lionheartworld.net/bwb/797_Paint_Kit.zip

6 exterior files, PSD format for Adobe Photoshop. Features a 'near the bottom' base layer so you can start new, with all over effects and panel lines and things hovering over the top of the base layer.

DaveWG
August 13th, 2010, 22:30
Thanks for the paintkit Bill:applause: Downloading...

Even with the light issue, it's still a fantastic model.

One thing I did notice last night, I set up a formation flight using AirTrafficFX & the AI aircraft had their service vehicles etc visible in flight. Haven't tried "proper" (compiled flightplans) AI yet.

Any plans for a dedicated AI version?

grunau_baby
August 13th, 2010, 23:13
Now you spoiled everything, guys. I really thought those reflexions were some kind of newly developed luxury interior material! Now itīs only an FSX issue;) But I have it, too. Could be an alpha-channel-issue?

Great stuff, Bill. On my first flight it handled completely as I expected a biggie like that to do. The Rudercontrole (reduced use of rollrate) is much like I expected to fly her. Impressive you took that into account...Gotta love you attention to detail!:applause:

Regards
Alex

Ferry_vO
August 14th, 2010, 02:10
Outstanding!!!!! I bet it would look real good with a B-2 paint job on it......hint, hint:jump:

Maybe as a tanker with a refueling boom? Make that two or three booms, the thing's big enough for those! :icon_lol:

It sure is a big aircraft!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsscr180.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsscr181.jpg

Gret paintwork too! (Someone willing to do a KLM version..? ;) )

JorisVandenBerghe
August 14th, 2010, 03:52
You know, Bill...I'm not into simming anymore, but things like this make me wish I still was. I'd love to see this kind of aircraft in real life. Imagine seeing this thing (or similar) land at a commercial airport. I'd really like to photograph them...

Helldiver
August 14th, 2010, 04:09
Hey Bill, for us guys that are unable to figger their way through the new download maze, could you give us clue what site to look for. Thank you.

Lateral-G
August 14th, 2010, 04:52
Hey Bill, for us guys that are unable to figger their way through the new download maze, could you give us clue what site to look for. Thank you.

Agree with HD. I looked all over the download area and couldn't find it.........

edit: I found it....in the FS2004 section.......

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=6&linkid=2388

I thought it was FSX only so silly me, that's where I concentrated my search.

Helldiver
August 14th, 2010, 05:50
Thanx Lateral-G, much appreciated as well as your Avatar.

Lionheart
August 14th, 2010, 07:15
Sorry about that on the download locations.

SOH has it in the FS2004 section under 'Whats New'.

When that expires, look/search under key words for 'Boeing B-797 Lionheart' and you should find it immediately.

I uploaded several times to AVSIM Thursday and Friday. Every time it was rejected so I have uploaded to Simviation.com and also to SurClaro.com. I checked this morning and its up at Simviation.com presently and not yet up at SurClaro.com

I'll let you know if I get it up on any other sites as well.

I am going to be busy for the weekend, so I am unable to do a KLM. I was thinking of a KLM only last night, watching some YouTube movies of giant KLM 747's land at that small airstrip in the Carribean that is just in front of a beach.

On Refueling Booms. I need to do a version that has those! That would be radical...

Bill
LHC

DaveWG
August 14th, 2010, 08:09
RAF repaint in the works, based in their C17s

Scratch
August 14th, 2010, 09:07

That's more like it! Looks like a 21st century Vulcan. Looks good so far:ernae:

CG_1976
August 14th, 2010, 09:12

Very nice and looking good, by chance could I req a Green Bat on her please.

gecko65
August 14th, 2010, 09:13
Thank you Bill - been looking forward to this one :ernae:

Ferry_vO
August 14th, 2010, 09:33
I am going to be busy for the weekend, so I am unable to do a KLM. I was thinking of a KLM only last night, watching some YouTube movies of giant KLM 747's land at that small airstrip in the Carribean that is just in front of a beach.

Don't worry Bill, I'm sure someone will do a KLM version sooner or later!

On Refueling Booms. I need to do a version that has those! That would be radical...

You know I was only joking and thinking out loud, right? ;)
Don't let that stop you though! :d

A more serious request/question: Will there perhaps be an FsX native model in the future..?

dvj
August 14th, 2010, 11:25
OMG! 15456

Lionheart
August 14th, 2010, 14:23
Don't worry Bill, I'm sure someone will do a KLM version sooner or later!

You know I was only joking and thinking out loud, right? ;)
Don't let that stop you though! :d

A more serious request/question: Will there perhaps be an FsX native model in the future..?

Hey Ferry,

It would be a ways out as I have to finish the Dynamic and Avellina and 'maybe' the Fanliner, as well as the RG version Racer of the Skylark.

Did I mention I am hiring?

DaveWG

Attachment 15432

Very nice!! I didnt know it would look 'that' cool in AF gray. I need to make a refueler version with hoses quick...

Ferry,

That is an interesting question. I am so lured into possibly making FS9 models only again. Its such a yearning. Its so difficult making models for FSX. In FS9, I can crank them out very fast. Its just on my thoughts is all, so no worries. Not yet, anyways...

Bill

DaveWG
August 15th, 2010, 00:22
Hey Bill, hope you don't mind, but I've edited the panel.cfg to eleminate the "reflective panels when lights on" issue.

New panel.cfg can be downloaded here: http://daveg.cbfsim.org/files/panel.zip

Lionheart
August 15th, 2010, 01:11
Hey Dave,

Many thanks Sir. But where is the setting? I do not seem to spot the 'thing' that makes it reflective?

EDIT: Found it. So adding the Texture file name.bmp took away the issue.

What a wierd thing. I hadnt seen this before. Learn something new everyday.

Bill

DaveWG
August 15th, 2010, 01:19
In each [Vcockpit0x] sections, I added the line "file=xxxx.bmp", with the bmp name matching the "texture=xxxx" name.

flaviossa
August 15th, 2010, 03:34
Thanks Dave!
But in:
[Vcockpit02]
file=$pan12.bmp

The correct is not $pan2.bmp ????

Thanks!!!

DaveWG
August 15th, 2010, 03:51
Doh, well spotted!

I don't think sections 2 & 4 are actually used (no gauges) so it may not matter. I'll upload an updated cfg anyway.

EDIT: new cfg uploaded. Same link as above.

Roger
August 15th, 2010, 04:05
Not normally my kind of aeroplane but just had to see the 797 out of MIA. Great job Bill!:ernae:
and thanks Dave for the panel fix!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/797-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/797-2.jpg

jimjones
August 15th, 2010, 05:54
Thanks for the beautful plane and simulation. The real plane profile leaves a bit to be desired but must be benefical to its profitability. Will the real plane ever be commercial ?

Snave
August 15th, 2010, 07:38
Thanks for the beautful plane and simulation. The real plane profile leaves a bit to be desired but must be benefical to its profitability. Will the real plane ever be commercial ?

Mebbe. The BWB (Blended Wing Body) has a number of advantages in internal volume, drag, high altitude performance and `masking` of engine noise perceived from the ground. Remember the original reason for a fuselage was simply to keep the tail a distance from the wing! Close-coupled flying wing always had pitch problems until the advent of FBW, and now fly-by-wire is the de facto standard for current and next-gen airliners.

On that basis I would say that it is a commercial possibility.
But there remain issues with having passengers so far off the centreline - the accelerations are amplified not just in the vertical plane as Bill had alluded to in the tricky `ruddering` flight model, reducing banking for a given turn rate, but also in the horizontal plane as the aircraft changes heading - the `outside` passengers on the turn will detect a noticeable increase in acceleration compared to the `inside` as the craft changes direction - and if you combine that with even a limited angle of bank then the combined movement of fore/aft and up/down can lead to unpleasant results - as any seafarer will tell you!
:barf:

Not only that, not every passenger wants a window seat facing forward - that runway centreline could look an awfully long way off on approach with pax overhanging the grass, leading to panic, trouser-spoiling and yet more

jmig
August 15th, 2010, 07:43
Mebbe. ...On that basis I would say that it is a commercial possibility.
But there remain issues with having passengers so far off the centreline - the accelerations are amplified not just in the vertical plane as Bill had alluded to in the tricky `ruddering` flight model, reducing banking for a given turn rate, but also in the horizontal plane as the aircraft changes heading - the `outside` passengers on the turn will detect a noticeable increase in acceleration compared to the `inside` as the craft changes direction - and if you combine that with even a limited angle of bank then the combined movement of fore/aft and up/down can lead to unpleasant results - as any seafarer will tell you!

Not only that, not every passenger wants a window seat facing forward - that runway centreline could look an awfully long way off on approach with pax overhanging the grass, leading to panic, trouser-spoiling and yet more

Something tells me that I know where the cheap seats will located. :jump:

Bjoern
August 15th, 2010, 08:29
Something tells me that I know where the cheap seats will located. :jump:

The sections will be titled "Mom in-laws only". :d

Lionheart
August 15th, 2010, 09:28
Doh, well spotted!

I don't think sections 2 & 4 are actually used (no gauges) so it may not matter. I'll upload an updated cfg anyway.

EDIT: new cfg uploaded. Same link as above.

I had originally mapped those areas with hovering polygons, total of 4, front, top, center, and sides, but later narrowed it down to front and center, with center being the two clear zones for gauges placement. I didnt think we needed any more then that. The rest became non-functioning bits and pieces knobs.

Im sure glad you found that mysterious fix DaveWG. Good going man!

Bill

Stickshaker
August 15th, 2010, 12:13
Fantastic plane Lionheart! Thanks so much for this gift.

Roger
August 15th, 2010, 13:28
797 over PNW

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/797-3.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/797-4.jpg

b52bob
August 16th, 2010, 08:06
As expected from your previous work, OUTSTANDING!

BTW, I wonder if anyone from Boeing has seen this or sent you any comments?

Thanks again for giving the community, both FS9 and FSX, something wonderful.

Bob

Lionheart
August 18th, 2010, 08:23
Just to let you all know, I am about to release a 'Build 1.1' pack, updates in it, including upgraded FSX panels for main panel and center console and a fix for the lights issue (chrome panel). Updates like Tom's input for the Mini Panel and radios standby freq's are also in the updates.

Should be up in a day or two.

Still havent had a chance to make 'Refueler' hoses.

Bill
LHC

Lionheart
August 18th, 2010, 08:25
BTW, I wonder if anyone from Boeing has seen this or sent you any comments?

Bob

Nothing yet. I do now intend to ask them for a Boeing Partnership license soon. Hopefully that will be secured.

Bill

heywooood
August 18th, 2010, 15:59
well I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Bill

your work goes a long long way in the promotion department - whether these mfg. concerns know it or not

that Kodiak is a tour de force - and where else can an airliner fan come closer to envisioning the future of passenger flight than with this splendid BwB of yours.

jetstreamsky
August 18th, 2010, 16:15
It's an interesting craft to fly, but the union flag is upside down on both sides of the BA livery (presuming the flagpole is upwind). Also maybe it's a design decision, but the main union flag graphic top and bottom is reversed on the left side (ie right lower surface and left upper surface).

Lionheart
August 18th, 2010, 20:02
It's an interesting craft to fly, but the union flag is upside down on both sides of the BA livery (presuming the flagpole is upwind). Also maybe it's a design decision, but the main union flag graphic top and bottom is reversed on the left side (ie right lower surface and left upper surface).

arrrrgh!

<--- rests head on desk...

Such delicate details on that flag. I should have studied it more. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks Heywooood for the kind words.

FOO FIGHTER
August 19th, 2010, 02:24
Thank you so much for this (and the awesome paint kit too)! Glad to see that there might be a tanker version as well.:jump: Is it Ok to upload some skins for it here at SOH?

Lionheart
August 19th, 2010, 03:16
Dude! That is some awesome paint work, lolol... I dont even recognize it, lol... Nice!

Imagine that with 3 B2's flying in formation...

Please upload.

:applause:

Jim Brown
August 19th, 2010, 03:52
Yesssssss......been wanting one of these for a loooooooooooooooooong time. Thanks Bill! It looks great!

FOO FIGHTER
August 19th, 2010, 14:24
Dude! That is some awesome paint work, lolol... I dont even recognize it, lol... Nice!

Imagine that with 3 B2's flying in formation...

Please upload.

:applause:

LOL-Thanks but most of it is from your paint kit.:ernae:
It's a cargo transport from the Air Mobility Command based at Travis AFB. It still needs a little more work, have to make it look more "militarized". Thank you again for this great aircraft!:jump:

CG_1976
August 19th, 2010, 15:04
Could you imagine the CAF with a Super Transport like this with the 440Sq in the Arctic. Beautiful Air Mobility Command paint Foo fighter.

Scratch
August 19th, 2010, 15:31
Thank you so much for this (and the awesome paint kit too)! Glad to see that there might be a tanker version as well.:jump: Is it Ok to upload some skins for it here at SOH?

Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!:ernae:

Railrunner130
August 19th, 2010, 19:28
@ Foo Fighter-

FYI - It's not a hard rule, but many Air Guard and Air Force Reserve units that receive factory fresh airlifters have their unit number in the tail number. Your tail flash reminded me of it. The tail number you've used indicates that the aircraft was purchased in a Fiscal year ending in 8- 2008, 2018, 1998 who knows. Anyhow, the 926 would often, though not as a hard and fast rule indicate that the airplane belongs to the 926th Group in New Orleans. This would be their third airplane.

This personalization began in 1985, with the Texas Air Guard when they got new C-130H2s. 85-1361 through 85-1368. Thanks to the 2005 BRAC, many airplanes have been reshuffled and tail numbers and unit numbers don't always correspond to their unit any longer.

Just food for thought. Do what you want to with it. :salute:

Lionheart
August 21st, 2010, 16:11
Just wanted to let you all know, the Tutorial project for this 'Unlimited Export' system is updated, 2nd Edition. Now in PDF as well as MOV formats.

More here; http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=41622&p=467099#post467099

polygoon
August 21st, 2010, 16:11
Hey Bill,

sorry for butting in this late, but I just want to express my thanks for this awesome plane!
I'm not sure how true the airfile is, but it is a pleasure to fly, as stable as anything, which makes sense considering the size of that thing.
Even visually the awesome size really comes across well!

I must say though I prefer turning corners the conventional way, but to make sure the passengers won't get sick, I am executing them very slowly and carefully. I think that, even with flat turns, you would still feel lateral G's which will not only affect the passengers in the cheap seats (outside) but all of them.

But, man, what a plane - thanks again!

Norm

Lionheart
August 21st, 2010, 16:15
Hey Norm,

Most welcome.

I think that turns will or could be made to be 'liveable' with by the passengers. A balance of a flat turn and slowly enduced roll-bank would probably be un-noticeable to most passengers if done with finesse, and I am sure that auto-pilot systems could be tuned to do that.

One thing though that we were toying with was slip. In a tight banked turn in FS with 'regular' settings, we got a good deal of slip going and reduced the AP turns to 20 degress from 25 degrees.

Glad you are enjoying it.

Bill

guzler
August 22nd, 2010, 01:29
What a great model, thankyou Lionheart, something a lil different.

I do hope that this idea becomes a reality, how much more interesting seeing this arriving at our local Manchester Airport than the usual tubeliners.

FOO FIGHTER
August 23rd, 2010, 19:46
@ Foo Fighter-

FYI - It's not a hard rule, but many Air Guard and Air Force Reserve units that receive factory fresh airlifters have their unit number in the tail number. Your tail flash reminded me of it. The tail number you've used indicates that the aircraft was purchased in a Fiscal year ending in 8- 2008, 2018, 1998 who knows. Anyhow, the 926 would often, though not as a hard and fast rule indicate that the airplane belongs to the 926th Group in New Orleans. This would be their third airplane.

This personalization began in 1985, with the Texas Air Guard when they got new C-130H2s. 85-1361 through 85-1368. Thanks to the 2005 BRAC, many airplanes have been reshuffled and tail numbers and unit numbers don't always correspond to their unit any longer.

Just food for thought. Do what you want to with it. :salute:

Thanks for the info! I'll put that to good use.:ernae:
It will be a few days, maybe a week before I upload the skins. There will be three or four at least. One last WIP shot:

Railrunner130
August 24th, 2010, 16:18
I've been thinking about this one. It'd be a good bomber. Perhaps it would be the fabled B-3 that met the budgetary ax a few months ago.

BTW Bill- I forgot to thank you earlier for the interesting airplane. Many thanks and keep up the great work!!

Lionheart
August 24th, 2010, 17:11
Most welcome!

Man, FooFighter,

That is one brilliant looking paint scheme.

I was originally going to cut out 2 loading ramp doors that lower straight down like elevators, mounted far out on the wings for loading up containers and cargo. That would have been cool to figure out a way to have the elevators trigger now and then to lift and descend every couple of mins or so with cargo on them.

Seahawk72s
August 25th, 2010, 05:34
I am about to release a 'Build 1.1'

Has this been released..?

Thank you for an excellent model..:salute:

Lionheart
August 25th, 2010, 12:07
Yes. That was uploaded to AVSIM.

1.1 has the fix to the panels and some panel config bits.

imn2sims
August 25th, 2010, 16:26

First of all, THANK YOU very much for providing the community with such an excellent aircraft.:salute:
Man, this thing is HUGE :icon_eek: . I just d/l'd about an hour ago and one thing I noticed was I still have the reflective surface in the VC. The txt file that was included with it does say version 1.1 and I understood that was fixed for this version. Not a big deal at all to me, just thought you would like the feedback. Again, your work is very much appreciated :wavey:

Steve

PS I'm running FSX accel.

Lionheart
August 26th, 2010, 09:28
I havent found a way to change the file here yet. I asked. I think our Library man was in the hospital. I'll check again. The file here should still be 1.0.

Bill
LHC

Stan V.
August 26th, 2010, 12:19

Has AVSIM made this available yet? Almost 24 hrs after the post above, I still can't see it...http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon28.gif

imn2sims
August 26th, 2010, 14:45
I havent found a way to change the file here yet. I asked. I think our Library man was in the hospital. I'll check again. The file here should still be 1.0.

Bill
LHC

I should have included that I downloaded from AVSIM not here, sorry.

Steve

Stan V.
August 26th, 2010, 15:29
I should have included that I downloaded from AVSIM not here, sorry.

Steve

Steve, Are you sure you got V1.1? I just visited ASVSIM again and found only V1.0 and just to make sure, I did a search on "William Ortis"

Lionheart
August 26th, 2010, 15:31
I am 99.9% positive that AVSIM has 1.1. No one else does. I have no idea how to upload updates to Simviation or SurClaro. I am still working on here.

Bill

imn2sims
August 26th, 2010, 17:13
Steve, Are you sure you got V1.1? I just visited ASVSIM again and found only V1.0 and just to make sure, I did a search on "William Ortis"

No, but it was the only one I found there. Funny thing is when I looked at the txt. file included it said it was installing 1.1 so I went ahead and ran the exe. I'll take another look.

Steve

OK, just went to avsim files and did a ZipDive on the files and in the installation txt file about 3 rows down it says :This is build 1.1.
The upload is dated Aug 18th so thats obviously before the actual 1.1 was uploaded. The exe file size is 68245958 if that helps.

Seahawk72s
August 27th, 2010, 11:55
I am 99.9% positive that AVSIM has 1.1. No one else does. I have no idea how to upload updates to Simviation or SurClaro. I am still working on here.

Bill

The AVSIM download has a text file saying its 1.1 but the install executable is dated 08\13 and calls itself install 1.0. Looks like the old exe was included in the zip.

Lionheart
August 27th, 2010, 12:32
If you boot up the plane in FSX, and turn on the lights and go to VC view, and the panel is not chrome colored, but regular dark brushed gray, then you have 1.1. Also, if you go to 2D panel view, and go to mini panel mode (2 screens, MFD and PFD) and they have a wide space between them, then you have Build 1.1.

I cannot see how I could not have 1.1 'not' in there. Its possible, but I remember 'delicately and carefully' doing the updates.

I'll go check on uploading the new installer here as well.

Bill

Seahawk72s
August 27th, 2010, 16:57
Seems to be 1.0 version at Avsim

imn2sims
August 27th, 2010, 18:10
If you boot up the plane in FSX, and turn on the lights and go to VC view, and the panel is not chrome colored, but regular dark brushed gray, then you have 1.1. Also, if you go to 2D panel view, and go to mini panel mode (2 screens, MFD and PFD) and they have a wide space between them, then you have Build 1.1.

I cannot see how I could not have 1.1 'not' in there. Its possible, but I remember 'delicately and carefully' doing the updates.

I'll go check on uploading the new installer here as well.

Bill

AHH....it's the lights!! Actually though I have to have all the lights OFF to gid rid of the chrome color:isadizzy:
Couldn't figure out how to get to "mini panel" so really can't comment there. Anyway, I'm sure it will get straightened out. In the mean time I'm having a great time trying to keep the passengers from getting upset tummies:jump:. Thanks Bill.

Steve

Lionheart
September 1st, 2010, 12:18
NOTAMS; B-797 Drivers.

The Build 1.1 is now up, here at SOH. Updates to FSX are in it.

I have also redone the Installer's code 'Registry' sniffer system to better find Flight Simulator in computers. It was missing perhaps 2 in 10 in 64Bit systems. If you could, delete the present version you have installed and install this, and see if it locates FS properly. I would be greatful for your help on this. I have been wrestling with these installers for a while now trying to get them to run perfect.

Direct link; http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=6&linkid=2388

Bill
LHC

n4gix
September 1st, 2010, 12:36
Sorry to report that the installer only came up with the "default installation path" for both FS9 and FSX on both a Vista x32 and Win7 x64 machine...

...neither of which is the correct Registry entry for either FS9 or FSX...

There must be some flag in the installer that will force it to use the Registry, and not the path you've entered as the "default..."

Lionheart
September 1st, 2010, 23:38
Thank you Bill.

I'll keep wrestling with this beast.

Why why why why... why.... did MS decide to rename their Programs folders??????

<---- facepalm moment...

polygoon
October 13th, 2010, 19:14
Hi Bill,

I got version 1.1 and I have no more mirrored panel, great, thanks!
But as you said, I had to retrieve it from my "program files" without the (x86)...

Great model of a great plane though!!!

Thanks for sharing it with us,
Norm

Lionheart
October 14th, 2010, 01:20
Most welcome Norm.

Man, I wish I had this Installer issue fixed. I had to walk 3 customers through installations today on Win64/86 systems...

Why.. Why did MS rename their Program folder???? arrgh...

PhantomP
June 23rd, 2011, 23:42
Hey, did FOOFIGHTER ever release his cool military repaints for this bird,and if so where can I download them,because I can't find them in the SOH archives Thanks