PDA

View Full Version : LAN "mismatch" error with Vista. Any solution?

wsmwsm
November 19th, 2008, 10:39
Is there no way to run CFS3 multiplayer with Vista even between two home computers on the same network? I simply want to connect between my upstairs and downstairs computer to stage a dogfight. I get an aircraft mismatch error. I even temporarily disconnected the computers respective firewalls (which got me past the "connection failed" message at least).

writer301
November 19th, 2008, 12:45
Are both running Vista OS?

wsmwsm
November 19th, 2008, 14:42
Are both running Vista OS?
Yes. Vista 32.

wsmwsm
November 20th, 2008, 08:15
Any suggestions anyone?

Tailwind
November 20th, 2008, 10:56
I suspect you are having the same issues that anyone who has Vista is facing. No multi player at all period. Don't matter if it's lan or wan ain't happening.

If you want to play multi player CFS3 bad enough then look at blowing away Vista and install XP or look at dual booting technology.

Cheers

TW

Dimus
November 21st, 2008, 00:04
For some strange reason, the only CFS3 mod that works in multiplay in Vista is OFF. However, I have the suspicion that it would only work if the host runs XP. I have not tried hosting in Vista but I could successfully join XP servers.

wsmwsm
November 21st, 2008, 02:41
So even with OFF, if I use my two Vista computers, I'm out of luck?

Dimus
November 21st, 2008, 03:00
Really don't know as I haven't tried it.

If you have OFF installed I guess a try does not hurt.. oh and let us know what was the outcome.;)

wsmwsm
November 21st, 2008, 04:24
I have OFF installed in one. I will install in the other and give it a try.

Gandi
November 21st, 2008, 14:54
For some strange reason, the only CFS3 mod that works in multiplay in Vista is OFF. However, I have the suspicion that it would only work if the host runs XP. I have not tried hosting in Vista but I could successfully join XP servers.

just to say that I just tried on my LAN at home and succesfully hosted an OFF game in Vista that my XP machine could join with no problems as well as the other way round.

Not much help for wsmwsm, but I thought you might like to know Dimus.

polecat0942
November 21st, 2008, 20:42
Pilotsden talked about successfully moving all his WWII aircraft into OFF which in theory should allow for multiplayer using Vista in WWII aircraft though in the WWI environment. I believe he posted this a while ago on the OFF forum though I don't believe there was much interest. Just throwing that out there.

Cheers,

John

Lipra
November 22nd, 2008, 01:36
I had a couple of sessions with Pd to see if we could get cfs3 to run (online) with vista but as there was not a lot of intrest shown never took it any further. Not sure if any of the off team know why off runs ok !

pilotsden
November 22nd, 2008, 03:58
and only in multiplay but i had to move more than the aircraft.
i posted here,there was no response,and i removed the post.
i was able to open and fly ww-2 missions and also a dogfight server.ip to ip
it did say the mission failed to load but it then loaded and played ok.
I.M.O. best if you own vista to format your hard drive and install window's xp.if your into cfs-3 that is.
PD

Gandi
November 22nd, 2008, 10:42
I.M.O. best if you own vista to format your hard drive and install window's xp.if your into cfs-3 that is.

unfortunately it's not always that simple Bob, wish it was though.

For some of us there aren't XP drivers readily available for the hardware, especially if like me you run a laptop.

wsmwsm
December 1st, 2008, 10:00
Addendum: I did end up installing OFF on both computers. But the problem persists. With both firewalls shut off, I get the "mismatch" error. Interestingly, the host computer does say that "player 2" is connected, even though when operating the "player 2" computer, I get the mismatch error and cannot join the game.