PDA

View Full Version : Lucas and Roddenberry

pilottj
August 11th, 2010, 09:53
I saw this old picture on google, I sure would have loved to been at that party.:jump: Two men largely responsible for giving us sci fi geeks an identity. :salute:

Cheers
TJ

mississippi
August 11th, 2010, 09:58
Thank's for the photo :salute: :wavey:

Lionheart
August 11th, 2010, 10:59
Very cool!

Just plain human beings that have done so much in changing the world and perhaps giving it one cool direction to go in.

Bill

Toastmaker
August 11th, 2010, 11:36
Lots of good entertainment came from these guys !!

:salute:

traindriver98
August 11th, 2010, 14:27
:applause:It looks like Spielberg in the background too.

jmig
August 11th, 2010, 17:57
They are only standing on the shoulders of Arthur C. Clark, Isaac Asimov and others. They stood on the shoulders of H.G. Wells, who stood on the shoulders of Jules Verne.

Gdavis101
August 11th, 2010, 20:20
You know, the geek in me can still see a flyby of the Enterprise with Vader's Star Destroyer in pursuit! Neat picture!

pilottj
August 12th, 2010, 08:28
You know, the geek in me can still see a flyby of the Enterprise with Vader's Star Destroyer in pursuit! Neat picture!

Makes you wonder if the Borg were created as sort of an homage to an all powerful force such as the Dark Side :jump:

traindriver98
August 12th, 2010, 12:03
The Borg came about due to the overwhelming failure of the Ferengi as the new villain in Star Trek. People found them laughable. This also led to the Romulans returning at the end of the first season of TNG. As for standing on the shoulders Vern, Wells and others. These men will always be remembered for what they did with Sci-Fi. (If you spell it Sy-Fy, you are not a true SCI-FI fan.)