PDA

View Full Version : The 'Jacksonville skunk works' is at it again...

Rami
August 11th, 2010, 08:10
Hello,

It seems that Psullykeys might be at it again...this time its several different versions of oil slicks and wreckage.

I tested it...the only recommendation I'd make is to adjust the [misc.data] section of the .dp so that the max speed would be one or two knots...you know, kinda drifting with the current. I forgot to do that when I created a test mission, so the oil slick and debris were making 19 knots!

sc7500
August 11th, 2010, 08:19
... Is there No End to the mayhem we can cause [and display] with this Sim ? :pop4:

Great Job, Sully ! :applause:

SC
:kilroy:

Discus
August 11th, 2010, 08:22
Hello,

It seems that Psullykeys might be at it again...this time its several different versions of oil slicks and wreckage.

I tested it... the only recommendation I'd make is to adjust the [misc.data] section of the .dp so that the max speed would be one or two knots...you know, kinda drifting with the current. I forgot to do that when I created a test mission, so the oil slick and debris were making 19 knots!

Another line of imagination in the creation of more add-ons. :applause:Good work!!

Bill Kestell
August 11th, 2010, 09:36
Things just keep getting better ... Better ... and BETTER!

Thanks!:salute:

mariereid
August 11th, 2010, 10:57
What a mess! Nice job Sully.:salute::ernae:

PSULLYKEYS
August 11th, 2010, 14:39
So much oil in the gulf, thought it would be fair to make sure everyone gets some. Toying with this for a while, needed a break from the DPs for the barges, and some real life stuff.

Darn, the secrets out, better keep at it then!:salute:

Jagdflieger
August 11th, 2010, 16:12
What a great idea!

Thanks PSully!

tonybones2112
August 11th, 2010, 19:21
... Is there No End to the mayhem we can cause [and display] with this Sim ? :pop4:

Great Job, Sully ! :applause:

SC
:kilroy:

That's why we need an open source sim independent of M$ that uses CFS2 add ons. BTW, I hear M$ has "licensed" support to resellers to offer XP as a backdate OS till the year 2020. You think somebody has finally seen they ain't God's Gift to the silicon IC chip? Two comments:

1. Will CFS2 run under Linux Ubuntu?
2. As we see from another thread, after ten years someone besides me has seen the real use of the B-29 in the Pacific other than the minimal, wasteful daylight HE raids. I need someone to write me mission/campaigns allowing the player to fly kamikaze missions in Japanese aircraft against ships utilizing a scoring system and damge assessment against the target. Until that's done, we don;t have an accurate reflection of the Pacific air war. Between my wife's illness and a kidney I'm going to personally remove if it don't chill out, I don't have time nor the knowledge.

BANZAI!!!

Bonesimoto

Rami
August 11th, 2010, 19:37
As we see from another thread, after ten years someone besides me has seen the real use of the B-29 in the Pacific other than the minimal, wasteful daylight HE raids. I need someone to write me mission/campaigns allowing the player to fly kamikaze missions in Japanese aircraft against ships utilizing a scoring system and damage assessment against the target. Until that's done, we don;t have an accurate reflection of the Pacific air war. Between my wife's illness and a kidney I'm going to personally remove if it don't chill out, I don't have time nor the knowledge.

BANZAI!!!

Bonesimoto

Tonybones,

I won't get into MS source code, the fact is, that's a no.

But as far as your other comment, what you're asking for can be accomplished. Since you know what you're looking for in missions more than anyone else, here's a link to Cody Coyote's mission builder...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=10144

Take the limited time you claim to have and learn how to set triggers and events, and have a field day building missions to your heart's content which reflect the way you want the Pacific War to be. Perhaps you can enlighten all of us someday with your fantastic creations!

Fibber
August 11th, 2010, 20:05
I recently changed my ship configurations over to Collins 1944 Bird Farms amongst others. They look great from above. However, I notice that when they are sunk (sigh!) no oil or debris remains. It's a clean sinking, not a real life effect. I have the Nibbio effects for this but know that the dp'es must be altered. Looking through Nibbios samples the effects appear in different places for different ships. Question is, is there dp's for these carriers already done? Can I just copy Nibbio "effects" dp's into the ship folders without screwing up Tango's ship dpes that are date 6/05?

Collin
August 11th, 2010, 20:16
Dunno Fibber, but if you experiment, remember to delete the .cdp file and make a copy of the original dp.

regards Collin:ernae:

Fibber
August 11th, 2010, 20:29
CLICK, CLICK.

Talon
August 14th, 2010, 11:04
That's why we need an open source sim independent of M$ that uses CFS2 add ons. BTW, I hear M$ has "licensed" support to resellers to offer XP as a backdate OS till the year 2020. You think somebody has finally seen they ain't God's Gift to the silicon IC chip? Two comments:

1. Will CFS2 run under Linux Ubuntu?
2. As we see from another thread, after ten years someone besides me has seen the real use of the B-29 in the Pacific other than the minimal, wasteful daylight HE raids. I need someone to write me mission/campaigns allowing the player to fly kamikaze missions in Japanese aircraft against ships utilizing a scoring system and damge assessment against the target. Until that's done, we don;t have an accurate reflection of the Pacific air war. Between my wife's illness and a kidney I'm going to personally remove if it don't chill out, I don't have time nor the knowledge.

BANZAI!!!

Bonesimoto

A little advice.

1 - You say "You need someone to write missions/campaigns."

You ask and don't demand. I, for one, do what interests me and I'm sure others do the same. I would never consider doing missions/campaigns that others say they need or demanded be made.

2 - "Between my wife's illness and a kidney I'm going to personally remove if it don't chill out." - You always bring personal problems and family matters into your posts. Most people that do that make it an O.T. Post. Everyone has real life problems, but they don't always bring them into the forum.

3 - You go off topic a lot also and try to steal the thread.None of your post had anything to do with the original post of oil slicks and debris. - You have something to say, stay on topic.

4 - "I don't have time nor the knowledge." Maybe if you tried making missions you'd get the knowledge. As for "you don't have time," well you spend plenty of time in the forums which could be spent learning and doing the things you want. You can't always depend on others to do it.

BTW Sully,

Looking good, I knew we kept you around for a reason.

Talon

simonu
August 14th, 2010, 11:28
great work, are these slick debris items to be spawned when a target is sunk?

BTW Tonybones
There is a great open source flightsim called flightgear available in the ubuntu repository
Being open source you can mod it how you like.

Rami
August 14th, 2010, 11:55
Simonu,

The debris will actually be a ship, that you can place around another ship that you want to have damaged. You can even put this around a damaged ship that Sully has already made, so you can have a damaged ship on fire with an oil slick.