PDA

View Full Version : Numbered/Colored Grid needed

OleBoy
August 10th, 2010, 08:52
I'm having troubles trying to track down what's-what on the Addictive Simulations/Pitts.
..Does anyone know of a numbered-colored grid that might help me out? 2048 x 2048 in size would be great, but a minimum of 1024 will work.

johnh_049
August 10th, 2010, 09:29
http://www.simmerspaintshop.com/forums/dlcat-general-12/

you can find one there

Tako_Kichi
August 10th, 2010, 09:51
I use this one ....

The zip file contains the full image at 2048 x 2048.

I resize it to suit when I need to find really small parts and it works great even down to about 512 x 512.

OleBoy
August 10th, 2010, 11:39
Thanks John, and Larry. I will try them both!!
...There has a method to my madness!!

sc7500
August 20th, 2010, 06:46
What is this chart useful for ?

I guess I don't realize the significance....

SC
:kilroy:

JoeW
August 20th, 2010, 08:56
They are used to find the parts that are not easly found on the paint plates. They are really good too.
I still haven't found the bungie boot covers on Mikes Super Cub yet.

Tako_Kichi
August 20th, 2010, 09:10
What is this chart useful for ?

I guess I don't realize the significance....

SC
As Joe said they are used to find parts on the texture sheets.

Sometimes an area will be 'flood filled' which makes it impossible to tell what parts are hiding under the fill. By using the grid and then saving as a bmp or DDS file (depending on sim) and then putting that file on the model in game (or in FS Repaint) your missing parts will hopefully show up wearing some part of the grid. All you have to do then is cross-reference the colours/numbers back to the grid in your paint program and that is where your missing parts are hiding.

Milton Shupe
August 20th, 2010, 18:29
In development it can also be used to test the integrity of the mesh, distortions, face issues, etc.

You can see the distortions in one of the attached.

OleBoy
August 22nd, 2010, 18:20
I am a bit late responding to this thread since the last. Good one Milton. That method would clearly show all the discrepancies in any mapping, by means of anything twisted out of normal. I bet that works great.

Since my last post I created something similar. I don't have it saved to anything because I can just type out my grid numbers as needed. A legible font size 3 laid out in spectrum is working great for everything I've ran into. Once the grid is made I can down-size or up-size as needed in either vertical or horizontal.

sc7500
August 23rd, 2010, 10:24
Thank you all ! :guinness:

Now I get it

SC

JoeW
August 23rd, 2010, 14:09
I add them as a layer to the plate I'm working on then make that layer transparent ... about 60%. You can then see just where it is in relation to the plate.
You can turn it off when not needed or even deleted.

Trans_23
September 21st, 2010, 18:32
Interesting guys. Thanks for the information!