PDA

View Full Version : Frisco Bay

italoc
August 10th, 2010, 08:37
Hi guys
anybody download it and willing to comment and suggest for the community ????
(I did and quite happy but I'd like to hear from someone else :wavey:

http://vero-fs.com/

Italo

NoNewMessages
August 10th, 2010, 08:55
You'll get in trouble with the natives if you refer to it as "Frisco". The preference is San Francisco.

I, along with another person I know, downloaded the Mt. Shasta scenery that is available for free. I made one flight and then deleted from the HD. The other downloader, a real life pilot who knows the area did the same. Making weekly trips up and back along I-5 for three years gave me a pretty good feeling for coloring and the Mt. Shasta scenery was nothing like I remembered.

As it would be difficult for me to render Italy, the developer's home area, so must it be difficult for him to render California. I know the source of his source and when the area was sourced. Not being aware of the climatological history can lead to oversaturation of the material.

My solution to what I feel is over-hyped scenery is to download all the source and make my own scenery. It's turning out rather well. But it is a large project that is taking some time. Northern California is almost done and the source for Southern California is 80% downloaded. As to be expected, there are many airports not where they are suppose to be, so they get moved and redone. Plus I'll add some objects to make them more life like. Eventually (maybe by Christmas?), I'll have the state and it's 500 airports all sitting pretty.

blazefox2
August 10th, 2010, 10:18
will possibly be buying this, once i get my next paycheck, the price is not too bad, but im not sure on how much area it covers...

italoc
August 10th, 2010, 13:40
You'll get in trouble with the natives if you refer to it as "Frisco". The preference is San Francisco.

I, along with another person I know, downloaded the Mt. Shasta scenery that is available for free. I made one flight and then deleted from the HD. The other downloader, a real life pilot who knows the area did the same. Making weekly trips up and back along I-5 for three years gave me a pretty good feeling for coloring and the Mt. Shasta scenery was nothing like I remembered.

As it would be difficult for me to render Italy, the developer's home area, so must it be difficult for him to render California. I know the source of his source and when the area was sourced. Not being aware of the climatological history can lead to oversaturation of the material.

My solution to what I feel is over-hyped scenery is to download all the source and make my own scenery. It's turning out rather well. But it is a large project that is taking some time. Northern California is almost done and the source for Southern California is 80% downloaded. As to be expected, there are many airports not where they are suppose to be, so they get moved and redone. Plus I'll add some objects to make them more life like. Eventually (maybe by Christmas?), I'll have the state and it's 500 airports all sitting pretty.

Is the result of your efforts be available (payware or freeware) to the community ?????
Italo

NoNewMessages
August 10th, 2010, 17:15
TBH, I don't know at this point in time. I'm happy to share and if it was available it would be as freeware / donationware. TRUE donationware, not some donate to get it garbage as seen recently.

But this is a LARGE project and I'm cutting it into pieces to better work with it. Kalifornia has almost 600 airports in FSX, but 20% don't exist any more. That still leaves nearly 500 airports to do AFCADs for, locate to their true spot and then blend any airport area into mesh. Plus, place a few thousand objects around them to make them more believable. Honestly, don't T-hangars belong at smaller airports???

Then there's the size of the project. NorKali cuts off at the 39th parallel or right in the middle of Lake Tahoe. I do what I want to fly over, so that cuts out the purported seasonal textures that are really just a coloration of the primary textures. And I be darned in He!! if I will do night photo scenery. What an oxymoron that is, night time photo scenery. I also don't try to place autogen. Why?? There's 160,000+ sq. miles in Kalifornia. If someone want to place autogen, PLEASE let me know. Besides, autogen WILL and DOES cut into texture rendering and texture clarity. I like nice, sharp textures a whole lot more than I like freakin autogen! LOL NorKali will be pushing 50gb. Once the entire state is done it will be between 180-200gb. Anyone got fast fibre cable internet, cause I might squeeze 4gb a day uploading.

But here's a pic and a zip file with more. This is northern NorKali and my F-A-V-O-R-I-T-E plane to criss-cross the state, while I admire the view. The source is very good, all 2,000,000,000,000 bytes of it. The key is knowing what it represents and not doing too much to it.

glennc
August 10th, 2010, 17:22
There may be others, but Frisco is in Texas about 30 miles north of Dallas - I'm right in the middle of it right now. Trust me, no bays around here :icon_lol: :ernae:

warchild
August 10th, 2010, 17:52
yeahhh, I thought Mt Tam looked a lil wonky.. nice to learn i had the wrong mountaun..

txnetcop
August 10th, 2010, 17:55
There may be others, but Frisco is in Texas about 30 miles north of Dallas - I'm right in the middle of it right now. Trust me, no bays around here :icon_lol: :ernae:

I'd like to make a bay right in the middle starting with the Dallas City Council! LOL That bay would serve more people than anything these guys have ever done!

glennc
August 10th, 2010, 18:38
TxNetCop - I live in Frisco, but work in Dallas - so I'm with you there.

Glenn

crashaz
August 10th, 2010, 20:17
Count me in the Frisco TX gang LOL.... lived in both Dallas and Frisco. :wiggle:

glennc
August 11th, 2010, 05:02
I'm really amazed how many Dallas area people are members here - including Ed (Falcon409) from Sherman. :salute:

Come to think of it, we don't need any bays - every time in rains in the Big D, some of those Texas size pot holes fill up.

Glenn

txnetcop
August 11th, 2010, 05:05
Yep I think MCDesign lives in Carollton