PDA

View Full Version : A Bede BD-5 for FSX

kilo delta
August 8th, 2010, 13:58
Might be my weary old mind...but I recollect someone building a native FSX version of the Bede BD-5 (can't recall if it was the microjet or prop version). Anyone know who it was...something tells me it may have been David Brice of Iris-Simulations?

http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/planes/bd5j/bd5j-1.jpg

falcon409
August 8th, 2010, 15:27
Flightsim.com. . .bd5colle.zip, Jez G

Matt Wynn
August 8th, 2010, 16:02
guy called Anthony Douglas was working on one that was previewed on the IRIS Forums, next time i see him i'll ask if he ever completed it :salute:

Lionheart
August 8th, 2010, 16:47
guy called Anthony Douglas was working on one that was previewed on the IRIS Forums, next time i see him i'll ask if he ever completed it :salute:

That was an extremely nice model as well. I hope its near completion.

Bill

falcon409
August 8th, 2010, 16:51
That was an extremely nice model as well. I hope its near completion.
Bill
Yea, me too. . .I really enjoy flying that lil' demon, lol
Unfortunately, while the so-called "FSX" version I mentioned above is ok. . .it simply looks like a rehashed version of the FS9 model.

Bone
August 8th, 2010, 17:15
I almost bought a real BD-5J two years ago. I couldn't decide if it would turn out to be the coolest thing I would ever own, or the biggest disaster....so I bailed. I do think I'll get the model.

peter12213
August 8th, 2010, 17:57
I used to love flying the BD-5 when I first got fsx years ago, so I'd certaily be interested in a jet version I used to think the fact that an aircraft this small could stop so fast with that cool clam shell type thrust reverser, really nice to fly too! We certainly need a native version!

mmann
August 8th, 2010, 18:10
Flightsim.com. . .bd5colle.zip, Jez G

Great little model, I often fly with the Acrostar paint from the Bond film Octopussy. Always thought it was a pity that the pilot in the model looks nothing like Roger Moore!

Regards, Mike Mann

kilo delta
August 9th, 2010, 01:59
There's a Bede BD-5A with the pusher prop that's on the "aviation scene" over here which got me thinking about the FSX version again. The Bede will always be synonymous with Mr.J.Bond as the aircraft that flew knife edged through an open hangar.

Bone
August 9th, 2010, 02:22
The Bede will always be synonymous with Mr.J.Bond as the aircraft that flew knife edged through an open hangar.

You can say that again, that was awesome!

Cactuskid
August 9th, 2010, 10:14
I've got Jez G's BD in my hanger and it's a flying coffin just like the real one!

We have a 5J in our collection at Pima Air & Space Museum. Here's a pic...

Lionheart
August 9th, 2010, 11:32
I've got Jez G's BD in my hanger and it's a flying coffin just like the real one!

We have a 5J in our collection at Pima Air & Space Museum. Here's a pic...

eeeks...! Thats the short wings. The B series wings were much wider wingspan.

Hard to imagine that this little thing can fly, and fly FAST...!

Did you know it was originally an Ultralight? But... It was too fast. Snowmobile engine, glued aluminum skins, hand operated manual gear lift system for extension/retraction.... and 200 knots!

kilo delta
August 9th, 2010, 11:56
Here's the Irish example I was referring too (one of 2 examples of the Bede on the Irish register)..

BOZ1SU5C7ls

Bone
August 9th, 2010, 12:59
That JB theme song never gets old.