PDA

View Full Version : Dumb wingmen?

Bjoern
August 7th, 2010, 14:36
I'm playing an Il-2 campaign at the moment...4.09m + Ultrapack 2.01 (incl HSFX 4.1) + DCG.

Could it be that your wingmen are constantly begging to be court martialed?

I'm Staffel leader and leading my two swarms into battle. As long as everone follows the predefined flightpath, there isn't any problem at all. Once I decide to take a deviation from the plan though, because there's an enemy flight in the vicinity or the target aircraft haven't shown up yet, everything goes downhill.
Swarm one sticks to me like glue, which is good. But swarm two does whatever the heck it wants to, namely following the predefined flightplan. I can order them around in every fashion possible (mostly with "Rejoin" to make them follow me), but they just don't react at all.
Am I doing something wrong or do I really need a firing squad for swarm two?

The next issue is ground attack. My own swarm barely reacts if ordered to attack "all ground targets". Swarm two always denies the request and goes on doing nothing. This is extremely frustrating, since you'll need every gun you can get when attacking trains and trucks.

So...is the friendly AI really that dumb or am I doing something wrong?
Is there anyone out there who permantly has full control over his/her subordinates?

redriver6
August 7th, 2010, 15:19
hmm i don't know....most of the time my wingmen shoot up everything before i get a chance too..:isadizzy:

Bjoern
August 8th, 2010, 10:11
hmm i don't know....most of the time my wingmen shoot up everything before i get a chance too..:isadizzy:

Well yeah, that happens too. But I don't mind, since there's plenty other targets flying around.

I usually stay out of the fight if my flight outnumbers the enemy one. There's simply no point in wasting time, ammo, energy and fuel when you can't score anyways.

Still, my open issue still stands...all the gunnery skills are worth zilch if they just won't listen to you.

redriver6
August 8th, 2010, 10:57
what campaign are you flying?

Bjoern
August 8th, 2010, 11:47
what campaign are you flying?

Rzhev '42 w/ DGen.

Does that matter?

redriver6
August 8th, 2010, 12:56
probably not..just curious.