PDA

View Full Version : Acceleration Un-install...

jackedwardmorris95
August 6th, 2010, 15:43
Hey all,
Installed FSX up to Acceleration, it does cause several bugs with some add ons, now that I have done with the missions, I would like to un-install it, and get my FSX back down to SP2, is this easy, or do I have to install FSX over again?

Jack

jmig
August 6th, 2010, 18:38
Hey all,
Installed FSX up to Acceleration, it does cause several bugs with some add ons, now that I have done with the missions, I would like to un-install it, and get my FSX back down to SP2, is this easy, or do I have to install FSX over again?

Jack

I don't think you can uninstall it. I just looked at the Uninstall applet in programs and it shows FSX with Acceleration. There is only one entry for the two of them.

Guess, you will have to reinstall. Maybe someone else has a better answer?

Lawman
August 7th, 2010, 01:52
I don't think you can uninstall it. I just looked at the Uninstall applet in programs and it shows FSX with Acceleration. There is only one entry for the two of them.

Guess, you will have to reinstall. Maybe someone else has a better answer?

After you uninstall using the Control Panel, the "original" FSX reappears in the Control Panel again. So yes, you can uninstall Acceleration. You might have to install one or both service packs again (I'm not sure).

full
August 7th, 2010, 03:44
Hi, It might be a idea to do a recovery from the main FSX disks after uninstalling acceleration ? this might get you back to the original install without mucking things up, I haven't done it myself but its worth a try.

falcon409
August 7th, 2010, 05:25
Hey all,
Jack
Can you elaborate on the "bugs" that Accel causes with addons?