PDA

View Full Version : AI carriers and AI boat traffic woes

michael davies
August 5th, 2010, 13:09
Gents,

Can anyone remember how this all works ?, I've recently reinstalled FSx, its working fine but this evening I decided to add my moving boats back, the models go in the SimObjects/Boats folder, the traffic bgl goes in \.\.\scenery\world\scenery folder, the sim loads, sees the new bgls and compiles, but no boats in sim ?.

Theres no traffic level set to them, and the timings are ok.

I'm missing something really stupid, so any pointers greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Kindest

Michael

Bjoern
August 5th, 2010, 13:16
All your traffic files are in FSX format, right?

michael davies
August 5th, 2010, 13:41
I think so, they worked before on the last installation, but not now, same files, same folders (I think).

Kindest

Michael

All your traffic files are in FSX format, right?

NoNewMessages
August 5th, 2010, 14:47
AI Carriers and AI Boat Traffic are two different things, but it sounds like you're referring to AIBTC?

This is the last part from Lamont Clark's instructions for using AIBTC;

If you experience problem, for example traffic not appearing; a good debugging tool is the TrafficExplorer toolbox. It can be installed with the FSX SDK. To activate it, edit the dll.xml file situated in Document and settings\User\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX and change the Disabled status to false in the configuration block of TrafficToolbox.
In the traffic explorer or map, uncheck the aircraft only option to see all boats.

michael davies
August 5th, 2010, 15:12
Yes, its AI boats, just re read that document and saw that addendum, took a while to get toolbox working, wow, what have I been missing out on LOL.

Anyway, no boats, nothing, its driving me nuts, the bgls and ship model folders are zipped copies of the originals that did work, now it doesn't.

Tried putting the bgls in scenery\world\scenery and in addon scenery\scenery\ai-boats\scenery, the sim sees the bgl and builds the files but no boats, even tried a new bgl using the default carrier, nothing, just a vast expanse of empty water, checked the times, checked everything, cant be the files as they worked originally, can only be a file location or tab/tag elsewhere.

Best

Michael

AI Carriers and AI Boat Traffic are two different things, but it sounds like you're referring to AIBTC?

This is the last part from Lamont Clark's instructions for using AIBTC;

If you experience problem, for example traffic not appearing; a good debugging tool is the TrafficExplorer toolbox. It can be installed with the FSX SDK. To activate it, edit the dll.xml file situated in Document and settings\User\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX and change the Disabled status to false in the configuration block of TrafficToolbox.
In the traffic explorer or map, uncheck the aircraft only option to see all boats.

GypsyBaron
August 5th, 2010, 15:49
Traffic BGL's can be anywhere with FSX, as long as they are in an activated scenery folder
or the addon scenery\scenery or scenery\world\scenery folders.
I keep my military AI traffic in the same scenery folder as their "home" airport scenery files.

Are you certain that the boat sim.cfg files contain the same "Title=" entries as when
you compiled the original files? Just as with AI aircraft, the title entry is what FSX
uses to link to a traffic bgl entry.

Make sure your boat traffic slider is not all the way to the left (0%).

And make sure you UNCHECK the "Aircraft Only" checkbox in the
Traffic Tools Explorer window in order to see the boat entries.
It's up at the top of the page on the right side.

Paul

michael davies
August 5th, 2010, 16:00
Paul,

All the naming should be correct, nothing has changed....well something has LOL.... with regards to the bgls and the models, I assume the models go in the simobjects\boat folder structure ?.

Thanks for the bgl location conformation, the sim is seeing them as it compiles scenery indexes when there added, so it is seeing them.

Toolbox, haven't turned off aircraft, don't think I need to as its an 80,000 ton carrier l'm missing and I'm hovering right over its start point so visually I should see it even it toolbox doesn't :).

Going to get some sleep and think it over, its annoying as I need it to work to get the Essex in as a land-able carrier to check hard decks and cats before sending it out.

Best

Michael

Addendum, just tried the no aircraft tab and its showing all the little boats but not mine, most odd ?.

Traffic BGL's can be anywhere with FSX, as long as they are in an activated scenery folder
or the addon scenery\scenery or scenery\world\scenery folders.
I keep my military AI traffic in the same scenery folder as their "home" airport scenery files.

Are you certain that the boat sim.cfg files contain the same "Title=" entries as when
you compiled the original files? Just as with AI aircraft, the title entry is what FSX
uses to link to a traffic bgl entry.

Make sure your boat traffic slider is not all the way to the left (0%).

And make sure you UNCHECK the "Aircraft Only" checkbox in the
Traffic Tools Explorer window in order to see the boat entries.
It's up at the top of the page on the right side.

Paul

michael davies
August 5th, 2010, 18:32
This is crazy, which ever way you bend it, no AI boats !, I'm wondering if the path kml is corrupt or too close to shore, tried to make a new one but Google earth doesnt seem to allow you to make paths any more.

AIcarrier2 doesnt work either, some sort of error when it boots up :banghead:

Stupid just stupid, oh well, always tomorrow :).

Best

Michael

michael davies
August 5th, 2010, 19:50
Well it helps if you read the instructions
, aicarrierss works, didn't realize the GUI was from within FSx !, no wonder it kept failing every time I clicked the exe file. So its not my sim nor the models, will retry AI boats tomorrow but the panic is off as I can now get the Essex in sim to test.</P>
USS Yorktown it is, hopefully some basic materials and swatches then y'all can have a play, the full rendition will need much more time and detail, but this should hopefully let y'all have something semi authentic to play with in the mean time. Images are raw shell in sim for testing, dont worry I'll refit the elevators before the next sea trial :)

Best

Michael